Humans complaining about heights

Denny Farlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/1/2023 at 1:36 AM, Polenth Yue said:

Stairs usually look horrifying for me. I've had builders apologise after seeing me stagger up them. Though the best was still the Relay For Life track where they thought it'd be fun to have water over the road in one place, so people would have to wade through. What covered the knees of most human avatars went right over the heads of tinies.

I'm not a Tinie. Just a tad shorter than some humanoids in SL (and Open Sim). 5.5 SL feet on average.

I guess I'll have to suck it up and make some taller versions of my avis... including my alts *sigh* IDK... *takes note of 2m avg for furniture*

Parcel and region rules are not the same as LL rules.

Parcel and region owners are allowed to set whatever rules they want as long as they are not less strict than rules per LL land ratings. 

If you don't like it, buy your own parcel.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Denny Farlight said:

fact is: you are 1. not allowed to be small in SL (i mean 170cm and more isnt really small but for normies is it small, so imma call it small) 2. you are not allowed to be cute OR ELSE!!!!!!!!1111elf. 3. if you dont use certain bodys in SL are you deemed as kid (for example, if you use the kemono body and head does it for normies not matter YOU ARE A KID FOR THEM!!!! i tested it because i got imed in sl and the person said "go with a kemono to human sims ... and oh god it was even worse i usually go only witzh my jake or maitreya body to human places tho XD). and 4. you need to wear too big breasts, hips and thighs, otherwise get you probably deemed as "teen"

1.  As has been said in this thread, plenty of people are shorter than average in SL and DO NOT get banned from places on this alone

2.  I'm cute and I'm wearing elf ears right now.  Also kinda short.  I'm allowed everywhere.

3.  The kemono body PLUS the head does often look like a teen avatar.  Facial proportions mean a lot.  Look it up.  Also, some adult areas require HUMAN avatars.  An anime head is a cartoon head.  Just sayin'.

4.  I could probably take pictures of numerous avatars with slim bodies in adult places who are not getting tossed out for looking like a teen.

Your 'facts' don't seem to be what others encounter and not just forum people.  We're just a small group but the abundance of short, slim avatars in adult regions would seem to indicate your assumptions are wrong.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

1.  As been said in this thread, plenty of people are shorter than average in SL and DO NOT get banned from places on this alone

2.  I'm cute and I'm wearing elf ears right now.  Also kinda short.  I'm allowed everywhere.

3.  The kemono body PLUS the head does often look like a teen avatar.  Facial proportions mean a lot.  Look it up.  Also, some adult areas require HUMAN avatars.  An anime head is a cartoon head.  Just sayin'.

4.  I could probably take pictures of numerous avatars with slim bodies in adult places who are not getting tossed out for looking like a teen.

Your 'facts' don't seem to be what others encounter and not just forum people.  We're just a small group but the abundance of short, slim avatars in adult regions would seem to indicate your assumptions are wrong.  

They made it very clear some time ago that the only version of events/reality that matters is their own. There was even an exchange - now removed - which further drove this home.

There is no point in bothering to even try to correct them - not outside of having it on record for others to examine at any rate.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Denny Farlight said:

well, i found something on twitter o.o the horrible plattform where everyone does drama stuff and it fits the human community PRETTY well. tho, to be fair, it involves this "i am 999 years old" stuff which i dont like much either but ... overall fits it very well expecially the part "adults are not allowed to be cute" etc. xD

so have fun with that. cause i am literarly done with this topic. humans/normies should chill in SL and not throwing at everything small they see "imma report you" and then even going so far to stalk them or sometimes even more worse, forming entire groups to false report their target etc. 

i post this meme aswell cause some peoples literarly judged in here about me or accused me of things or assumed things which i havent done at all (except for 1 but like i wrote, that owner deserved to be questioned xD.) 

fact is: you are 1. not allowed to be small in SL (i mean 170cm and more isnt really small but for normies is it small, so imma call it small) 2. you are not allowed to be cute OR ELSE!!!!!!!!1111elf. 3. if you dont use certain bodys in SL are you deemed as kid (for example, if you use the kemono body and head does it for normies not matter YOU ARE A KID FOR THEM!!!! i tested it because i got imed in sl and the person said "go with a kemono to human sims ... and oh god it was even worse i usually go only witzh my jake or maitreya body to human places tho XD). and 4. you need to wear too big breasts, hips and thighs, otherwise get you probably deemed as "teen"

anyways have fun with the meme SL humans/normies. it punches you ppls right in the face where it hurts. am out from here n stuff have a great time continuing to judge me, accuse me of stuff or assuming stuff etc.

my fazit after reading the comments is "the human/normie community is still the worst in SL".

Fl9BEORaMAEqqz7.jpg

Imagine believing you are the superior one when you’re chronically online, use the term “normie” as an insult, and fight tooth and nail to wear an anime child avatar to an adult sim. Yikes, dude! 

just yikes…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PookieTM said:

Imagine believing you are the superior one when you’re chronically online, use the term “normie” 

I remember when I was younger, being so depressed that I felt out of place and praying to be normal that I hardly would consider it to be an insult, but a privilege I would never experience.  At some point, being normal has become insulting I guess. If people call me normal I take it as a compliment.  The world seems to have gone backwards, what used to be normal people shunning the abnormal has done a 180 and people are so desperate to be different they go out of their way to be different.  Of course, they follow the same tradition of treating others like rubbish for being outside of their own standards.

It is a strange world we live in.

• Like 4

That's an absolutely horrible take and yes, it is literally text-book transphobia.

Trans people are real people, same for gender non-conforming (tomboys, femboys); they're not avatars, they're not fictional unlike your pixels they exist in the real world...

Your take is all kinds of absolute fcking yikes, guy. Go back to 4chan.

Edited by Dyna Mole
cartoon redacted
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

This was a fun read!

Denny, I'm 2cm shorter than what you reported in the OP and I go to adult (and I mean very adult) places in the "human community" all the time. No one's said a thing about my height.

In fact, the only place that ever gave me any difficulty over my appearance was not in the "human community." Some wolf guy said my ponytail made me look like a teen and was against his parcel's rules. I laughed, and left, because it wasn't that different from the ponytail I usually wear to the office in real life, and believe me I am no spring chicken. Never went back, and it looks like that place isn't even around anymore. Good thing I didn't get on the forums and post a bunch of drama about it, otherwise I'd be feeling rather foolish now!

Also, my avatar is fully human and I hang out in furry places all the time. No one's ever given me any grief about it. I see neko types and whatever the bunny ones are in those places all the time, no one seems to mind having them around. There are a few places that are clearly described as furry only and I respect that and have never tried to go to them. So I have to wonder why you say you can't fit in when you're in furry places, either.

As for the "human community," there really is no such thing. There are a bunch of different human communities, each with different norms and expectations. I've been in packed clubs where I stood out for being tall, and on beaches where I felt like a reverse Gulliver. But you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about something you think is the "human community" which sounds like one or two places where you weren't able to get along, for some reason.

Sounds like wherever you go, people start looking for reasons you can't be there. Probably not an appearance problem.

• Like 2

This is what happens when LL gives people the ability to choose their height. LL should just remove the slider and resize everyone to be the same. Animations, furniture, vehicles, clubs, etc would suddenly have no problems.  Non-human avatars should have a checkbox that allows size changes but any club for humans can set access only for those set to human. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, JeromFranzic said:

I'm not a Tinie. Just a tad shorter than some humanoids in SL (and Open Sim). 5.5 SL feet on average.

I guess I'll have to suck it up and make some taller versions of my avis... including my alts *sigh* IDK... *takes note of 2m avg for furniture*

DON'T. Seriously -people will only find something else to complain about.

Instead, take it as a litmus test; someone who complains about your height is probably someone who has nothing good to bring to your virtual life.

7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

This is what happens when LL gives people the ability to choose their height. LL should just remove the slider and resize everyone to be the same. Animations, furniture, vehicles, clubs, etc would suddenly have no problems.  Non-human avatars should have a checkbox that allows size changes but any club for humans can set access only for those set to human. 

not-sure-if-serious-the-avengers.gif

• Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 6:39 AM, Denny Farlight said:

well, i found something on twitter o.o the horrible plattform where everyone does drama stuff and it fits the human community PRETTY well. tho, to be fair, it involves this "i am 999 years old" stuff which i dont like much either but ... overall fits it very well expecially the part "adults are not allowed to be cute" etc. xD

Uh huh.

Reported for brazen transphobia.

There's something I haven't done here in years and years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Uh huh.

Reported for brazen transphobia.

There's something I haven't done here in years and years.

I remember a time, when you jokingly replied "Reported" to a post (but you didn't really), then created a popular thread, "When do you Report (etc.)?"   (How could we forget that one?)

This must have really put a bee in your bonnet!

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

/S

FIFY

hehehe

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.