Lack of Customer Service by Linden Lab/

belindacarson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today, LL live chat unavailable 1030-2pm PDT so no live Lindens.

Tomorrow Live support closed for Xmas, next live agent available 6am 26/12

so 48 hours without access to support.

Support closed 1/2 January 2023 so live support unavailable nearly 96 hours/4 days from 31st December/3rd January.

Linden Labs - you have a user base worldwide, in many different timezones.

You have thousands (or more) paying customers, so why is access to support so restricted over the holiday period?

I'm sure that I'm not the only user who would like to know? other organisations provide live chat support 24/7

Cue this post being deleted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

My issues can wait while others enjoy time with their families for the holidays and deal with some extreme weather in the US.

I'm not sure what issue you need live support for, but you sound frustrated.  I hope it gets resolved faster than it takes live support to get back from their vacations.

From what I've read others frustrated with the closures, as well.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL cares about it's employee's. 

It's just the same as all other companies, it cares more about it's profit margin and doesn't want to have to fork out for support staff outside of hours and during holiday periods when they'd have to be paid time and a half or double. 

The reality is we all live in a 24 hour world now and unemployment might ease a bit if services of all kinds were to run for 24 hours a day, but people would not want to be working for single time during antisocial hours and why should they really. 

As someone who has worked Christmas Days and other holidays in the past, I know that there are actually a lot of people who don't mind working on these family-orientated days, but it depends on the environment. I think of Second Life as being a bit like a holiday camp. It was always fun to work on one, but no one ever wanted to fix a blocked up toilet!!!

• Like 3

LL is a company that operates globally, across multiple time zones. There's no excuse not to have 24/7 support.

I'm working both days this weekend. I've got people working shifts before and after me. We're doing this, and we're not even in a support position. If we can show up, the least LL can do is have someone answer an email.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I bought a new tumble dryer a few days ago. Yesterday when I tried to use it the first time, it turned out to malfunction big time.
So I contacted support and they offered me to replace the dryer today (December 25).  I made that Monday, but that is how a 24/7 economy works.
To me there is no real excuse, that there isn't any support during the holidays.
Look around: restaurants, bars, theaters, circuses, hospitals, supermarkets, police and fire stations a lot of shops, online stores, pizza delivery, and and and.... they are all doing business today. If I call the cable company today, I get support.

It is a lame excuse not to have to fork up the extra dollars they have to pay during the holidays.
At the very least, they show that they don't care for their customers, but for the extra buck that is to be saved into their profit accounts IMHO.
They simply know they have us hooked, we will go nowhere when displeased, there is still no real alternative.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The mortgage company sent a letter saying we hadn't paid last months house payment for our other house that is in town..

I remembered making the payment and looked in the bank to make sure they got the payment.. checked the website to make sure the payment was  shown as paid there also..

I called them up to let them know they made a mistake..

They'll be back on the 27th.. lol

It's pretty common practice that a lot companies are going to be out for the holidays.

It's a virtual world, not an essential company, like a heating company would be.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's a virtual world, not an essential company, like a heating company would be.

For the average user: Yes that is true, people who want to complain because their Santa hat from 2009 somehow doesn't rez can easily wait.
But there are people who make their living out of SL. Huge landlords, big designers...
So SL isn't only an entertainment tool that can wait a few days, like for most of us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

For the average user: Yes that is true, people who want to complain because their Santa hat from 2009 somehow doesn't rez can easily wait.
But there are people who make their living out of SL. Huge landlords, big designers...
So SL isn't only an entertainment tool that can wait a few days, like for most of us.

They can't wait one day?  That's not a very stable living.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

To me there is no real excuse, that there isn't any support during the holidays.

And that's what's wrong with todays society. Outside of essential services, all can be closed.

And LL did not say that there was no one there. They just limited live chat. I am a creator inworld and i do customer support for a big company in SL. But if SL shuts down all together even for a few days, nothing would collapse for me.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Outside of essential services, all can be closed.

"Essential services" don't exist in a bubble.

Perfect example, I'm at work yesterday and today. When I walked in yesterday, they'd put in a new computer some time during the week. All my files, shortcuts, and credentials gone with the old one. Luckily my company kept their support people on for the holidays so I could recover what I needed and do my job.

19 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Today, LL live chat unavailable 1030-2pm PDT so no live Lindens.

Tomorrow Live support closed for Xmas, next live agent available 6am 26/12

so 48 hours without access to support.

Support closed 1/2 January 2023 so live support unavailable nearly 96 hours/4 days from 31st December/3rd January.

Linden Labs - you have a user base worldwide, in many different timezones.

You have thousands (or more) paying customers, so why is access to support so restricted over the holiday period?

I'm sure that I'm not the only user who would like to know? other organisations provide live chat support 24/7

Cue this post being deleted.

What is so important that you can't be bothered to recognize the importance of spending time with real life families on Christmas vs a virtual world issue? My god...your issue can wait till Monday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If your electricity, heat & water are running during a holiday be grateful.  Because somewhere in the world it’s not & that means repair workers are out on call in sub freezing temperatures risking their safety to ensure others are okay. There are hospitals with essential workers ready to attend to the injured & sick.  & most gas stations are open so everyone can get to gramma’s house for Xmas dinner.  What else is necessary?  Second life support being unavailable for a 24-48 hour period will not cause the world to fly off its axis.  

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

"Essential services" don't exist in a bubble.

Perfect example, I'm at work yesterday and today. When I walked in yesterday, they'd put in a new computer some time during the week. All my files, shortcuts, and credentials gone with the old one. Luckily my company kept their support people on for the holidays so I could recover what I needed and do my job.

That sounds like they were essential to you, but that's not what an essential service is, Unless you are working for one..  shutting the electricity off to a town  is shutting down an essential service..

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.