Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
3 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

These maps never show the old First Gen linden homes... like they don't exist at all. This is a foreshadow for the future.

It's not a secret the old Linden Homes will be going away at some point, and since the title of the map is "Mainland, Bellisseira and Surrounding Area" and they are neither Mainland nor Bellisseria they are not on that map. 

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

It's not a secret the old Linden Homes will be going away at some point, and since the title of the map is "Mainland, Bellisseira and Surrounding Area" and they are neither Mainland nor Bellisseria they are not on that map. 

My 2 cents...makes total sense :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

image.png

Are we going to get a Premium Plus subcontinent? Might it connect to Sansara, the oldest mainland continent?

I also want to request some Premium sandbox regions - islands - as part of Bellisseria, similar to the sandbox islands next to the old Linden Homes regions. I can teleport to the old Premium sandbox regions, of course, but I think it would be nice if people could fly or sail to these from their Linden homes. I expect the old sandbox regions will be swallowed by the sea when the old Linden Homes regions go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:27 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Are we going to get a Premium Plus subcontinent? Might it connect to Sansara, the oldest mainland continent?

I also want to request some Premium sandbox regions - islands - as part of Bellisseria, similar to the sandbox islands next to the old Linden Homes regions. I can teleport to the old Premium sandbox regions, of course, but I think it would be nice if people could fly or sail to these from their Linden homes. I expect the old sandbox regions will be swallowed by the sea when the old Linden Homes regions go.

I love this. I would build there all the time. I like the look of the sandboxes near Morris with the view of the canyons, very pretty location to work and play. They don't have to be plain regions.

Can't go wrong with cute garden park for gathering and sandboxes near by for playing. Morris design concept is very pleasing, i'd keep the design but update the content a bit. 

I was hoping the Bellisseria Fairgrounds would be sandbox when not being used for events. I like the way the land can be requsted for events. If the Fairgrounds were on destination as a sandbox for all users not only premium would drive more traffic to it, not only to the New Linden Homes but Fairground events. We can't fear trolls, most users whom would use these know how to use the AR button). The name alone spells intrigue, maybe a water sandbox near Fairgrounds where users can park yachts, pirate ships, underwater castles play and use their imaginations and build without vehicle auto returning to inventory when standing up. (i'd build a ramp from the fairground to a boat and boat to boat for like motorcycle challenges. Play like when were kids. Random art and activities with beautiful people. 

One suggestion I'd like to make is for Lindens and Moles to consider adding a region named Linden Home, this way when new users hear about linden home and type it in map something comes up directing them to Bellisseria. Currently when Bellisseria is typed in map users are either dropped in the water or dropped on the Fairgrounds, which is usually empty. Maybe a Linden Home region part of Bellisseria could be a show place where new and existing users can go to view the latest designs, I would really love these to be sandbox style so people can play house. That would be epic. Linden Home show floor region and a Linden Home sandbox (for premium only for the linden home sandbox, the showroom linden home preview would be for everyone). 

Annotation 2023-03-16 105220.png

2.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It is pointless and too late to ask, but I wish LL would not use garden walls and fence stubs they set up randomly everywhere. They are not inside the land border, so to make something continuous, I have to encroach and add on garden walls to continue the stub. Of course I don't "have" to do anything about it. But it looks so strange if I set up a garden wall that's not connected to the existing wall stub.

Have a clean, spacious look and let people use the content pack instead. If we want to use other fences, it is looking better with only that fence, instead of random stubs of fences and garden walls outside the resident's fence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It is pointless and too late to ask, but I wish LL would not use garden walls and fence stubs they set up randomly everywhere. They are not inside the land border, so to make something continuous, I have to encroach and add on garden walls to continue the stub. Of course I don't "have" to do anything about it. But it looks so strange if I set up a garden wall that's not connected to the existing wall stub.

Have a clean, spacious look and let people use the content pack instead. If we want to use other fences, it is looking better with only that fence, instead of random stubs of fences and garden walls outside the resident's fence.

What I have done on occasion is to build a wall with the root prim along one parcel border but just inside so I can then attach other walls that will be moved slightly outside of the parcel border to match up with the existing LL walls or fences.  LL has not (so far) returned any of those walls.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

What I have done on occasion is to build a wall with the root prim along one parcel border but just inside so I can then attach other walls that will be moved slightly outside of the parcel border to match up with the existing LL walls or fences.  LL has not (so far) returned any of those walls.

My experience with 2 Linden Homes is that if you extend existing walls or fences to semi-enclose your parcel, but do not disrupt the existing style or actually block the view or movement of other residents, then neighbors and Moles will overlook the fact that your fence or border lies outside of your actual parcel. This type of landscaping is done with the items or textures included in the Content Pack for your home, linked to a base prim that lies inside your parcel. I guess it's sort of like having foliage overhang a bit. No harm, no foul.

The same is true for skyboxes. If they overhand onto Linden Land by only a meter or 2, nobody is going to complain, provided your skybox is at 2000 m or higher.  All your Land Impact will still count as if it's on your parcel.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I wish LL would not use garden walls and fence stubs they set up randomly everywhere. They are not inside the land border, so to make something continuous, I have to encroach and add on garden walls to continue the stub. Of course I don't "have" to do anything about it. But it looks so strange if I set up a garden wall that's not connected to the existing wall stub.

Have a clean, spacious look and let people use the content pack instead.

I prefer that LL keep doing the partial walls/fences.  I helps to visually define the parcels. Let's face it, the vast majority of residents are not as assiduous as you are about creating a beautiful well-defined garden!  And particularly on themes where the land has been terraformed into different levels to create a little separation between parcels (like Sakura and Newbrooke), a strategically placed Mole fence can provide enough privacy to make further fencing unnecessary.

• Like 6

I really love the Moles' landscaping and am not as great as @Marianne Little or @Nika Talaj in visualizing a garden space. When Bellisseria was first established, and I was trying for my first home, I kept wondering how residents had constructed these lovely wrought iron and stone fences around their homes. Then I realized it was protected Linden land! 

• Like 4

The answer to this thread's title question: No update because at this point I'm fairly certain we aren't getting them. Premium plus has been out a year and not a single theme has been released, let alone announced at ALL, but yet there's time to develop and promote a full on mobile app for second life. I feel like priorities are a bit misguided right now...

Edited by Lydia Amethyst

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

The answer to this thread's title question: No update because at this point I'm fairly certain we aren't getting them. Premium plus has been out a year and not a single theme has been released, let alone announced at ALL, but yet there's time to develop and promote a full on mobile app for second life. I feel like priorities are a bit misguided right now...

The team developing the Mobile app has zero cross-over resources to the content production team.  That team is a group of Unity software developers.   My team (the Moles) make content - and we're going as fast as we can.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I prefer that LL keep doing the partial walls/fences.  I helps to visually define the parcels. Let's face it, the vast majority of residents are not as assiduous as you are about creating a beautiful well-defined garden!  And particularly on themes where the land has been terraformed into different levels to create a little separation between parcels (like Sakura and Newbrooke), a strategically placed Mole fence can provide enough privacy to make further fencing unnecessary.

What if (and sorry if I missed this earlier) - there was an option to "rez" vs. "not rez" the partial wall/fence?

The main issue being, if it were on the shared property line with a neighbor. You can't BOTH decide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What if (and sorry if I missed this earlier) - there was an option to "rez" vs. "not rez" the partial wall/fence?

The main issue being, if it were on the shared property line with a neighbor. You can't BOTH decide.

Interesting idea and I'd have loved this capability on some of the parcels I've had. 

I also think it might be a real challenge to create and maintain.  They would have to assign the permissions to rez/hide the specific fences/bushes and to the ever changing owners of the nearest parcel(s).   I am probably over simplifying.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You may not be able to un-rez Mole landscaping, but you can de-rez it.

• Like 3

On 3/19/2023 at 9:58 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

They have various teams for various projects.

The moles and patch have worked their tails off working on Bellisseria over the years. Even tech support lindens that do premium plus house lot picking tickets will handle them on weekends they are normally off, putting in extra effort , going above and beyond. 

Patch announced info on Premium plus lands, you may not see them currently on grid, but doesn't mean the progress isn't there for those willing to be premium plus members, or later upgrade to it to fit their needs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have no doubt the support team does good work, I'm a fan of them. However, working on the weekend doesn't mean they're "going above and beyond," they're still getting paid for the work. Some people prefer to work weekends so they can do things during the weekday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Some people prefer to work weekends so they can do things during the weekday.

Also, since SL is a leisure activity for the majority of residents, I'd expect there to be more support requests at weekends, rather than fewer. Certainly if I was in that situation I'd rather deal with them as they come in, rather than fielding a backlog of impatient customers on Monday.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kavarek said:

The moles and patch have worked their tails off working on Bellisseria over the years. Even tech support lindens that do premium plus house lot picking tickets will handle them on weekends they are normally off, putting in extra effort , going above and beyond. 

Patch announced info on Premium plus lands, you may not see them currently on grid, but doesn't mean the progress isn't there for those willing to be premium plus members, or later upgrade to it to fit their needs. 

Patch responded six days ago Am I the only one who can see Patch's response (well, I know I can't be, there are 20 reactions on Patch's post)?

15 hours ago, Kavarek said:

Yes they work for their job, don't you?
Support in the weekend is a normal thing for a company with a userbase and product as SL.. often support in the weekend is under par to be honest. SL is bigger than Belli.
Extra efford in the weekends?.. yes we see often more Moles respond during weekends, but normal support went home after noon on friday, see the posts here on the forums, the bad ones get removed by volunteer mods, but it can take quite long ..
Premium Plus homes should have been released the moment the P+ got available. Period. Now it's a level of subscription with a lot of promesses and only high costs for what? .. 

I don't complain, we know it. 
I also know the will of many people to help at LL is totally OK. But don't forget that it a normal requirement for people with public jobs to keep smiling to their customers and visitors. It's their job! When you step on sensitive toes, you'll know it. And see it' can be just a mask. It are just normal people!

Personally i'm more impressed with the Moles than the Lindens for direct inworld support.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.