Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Clarre Marques said:

This thread’s gone way off topic; I’m waiting on news about P+ homes and keep checking in to see talk of lights and taxes.  

I think it's safe to assume that if anyone on this thread isn't sharing more news about the P+ homes, it means that there is no new information about it at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

When and if there are news about P+ homes people will share. But those news will come from Patch and the team, not us residents, we only can speculate.

As far as I know what Patch said at the SLB19 still stands. More likely it will be ranch theme, news around the end of the year or early 2023. I think the team will surprise us and give a sneak peak before the end of the year, and releases only next year, but this is me guessing :)

Meanwhile existing themes are having great updates, and my sincere thanks to the moles and lindens that are doind such a great work providing updates that people have asked for. Keeping my fingers crossed for new Logs (smaller and with back doors) soon, although I think Vics will get a revamp first

• Like 10

On 12/15/2022 at 1:57 AM, Marianne Little said:

Has Linden Lac continued to give out high Li lights, or are these low Li?

I could not use the lights we got before. Why do LL act like we have so much Li, when the land can take only 351 Li? 😣

Marianne, the individual components are 1 or 2 LI, but when you string them together, they add up fast. I've never been good with optimizing prims. I'm willing to sacrifice for ambience.

• Thanks 1

Next week is super busy. I am not sure if I can get in SL and do some weekend shopping today, but I will try. I hope it will be no announcements before the 27/28th December.

I would really like LL to surprise us, drop a demo region between Christmas and New Year, so we can go there and get exited. And then a release in 4-8 weeks time after the theme is revealed.

• Like 4

That WOULD be a surprise!  I have the impression that they've always introduced new themes at big events, but never say never :)  FWIW, there still is no sign of a buildout of new theme tiles up in the SSP development area, unless they are using the pink (previously stilt) ones.  But I've never seen anyone working there.

I wasn't expecting new Houseboat models, and I see them popping up in older areas, so that was a nice surprise to me.  I was hoping that before Christmas they'd do Vic enhancements, along with a Christmassy Vic community center, but with only a single short work-week to go I think that's asking too much.   Maybe Vic enhancements after Christmas?

• Like 4

I wonder if the priority of updated releases is based on feedback about shortcomings with the home styles. For example, the traditionals were small, and had small rooms (it created such a big market for add-ons!). After creating open floor plan options for the Chalets and Sakura, LL realized that the traditional florplans could benefit from the same approach. Houseboats were also on the small side, and perhaps as the Stilts and Newbrookes were being designed, someone had the idea of adding houseboats that were more "house-like" and inspired by those designs.

With Victorians, being small isn't an issue. Even the one-story design is large compared to one-story traditionals. And the two story models are pretty spacious. Not many add ons are available for the Vics that increase living space...it simply is not needed. I can't see them benefiting from an open floor plan as much as the traditionals did, either.

I could see them adding one or two designs to the Log Cabins, and to the Stilts. The log cabins because it might be nice to have more variety, and the Stilts could use a larger model or two.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Based on past announcements, I would say the new Houseboat styles and Trad updates are it for the rest of 2022.  So far there have been three new-theme announcements during the SL Xmas Expo (which is why my hopes were up this year!), three during SL Birthday events and three at Spring events (Home & Gdn Expo in '19 and '20 and Bellisseria's 3rd Bday in 2022).

So now I will be looking to the next Home & Gdn Expo for news....  Or, on to the SL 20th Birthday in June; who knows what LL might do to blow the lid off for that!! 

image.jpeg.d3968c1fc0cc2fce90d4baa6a6012a39.jpeg

As always, thanks to the great SL reporters on whose work this table is based!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Based on past announcements, I would say the new Houseboat styles and Trad updates are it for the rest of 2022.  So far there have been three new-theme announcements during the SL Xmas Expo (which is why my hopes were up this year!), three during SL Birthday events and three at Spring events (Home & Gdn Expo in '19 and '20 and Bellisseria's 3rd Bday in 2022).

So now I will be looking to the next Home & Gdn Expo for news....  Or, on to the SL 20th Birthday in June; who knows what LL might do to blow the lid off for that!! 

image.jpeg.d3968c1fc0cc2fce90d4baa6a6012a39.jpeg

As always, thanks to the great SL reporters on whose work this table is based!

Home & Garden Expo is now the SL Living Expo - due March!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Home & Garden Expo is now the SL Living Expo - due March!

OMG, that starts on my RL birthday!!  Now I AM expecting big things, LL!!!  https://www.slacsinfo.com/post/announcing-a-reimagined-mega-event  Gotta love the jab at someone by calling it a "MEGA EVENT", lolol.  🤣 🤣 🤣

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Seems like SL's ACS is revamping itself, under new leadership by Stingray Raymaker.  The H&G Expo had gotten rather worn, so the expansion into activities like sailing, equestrian, farming etc. strikes me as a smart move.  The team seems excited, and personally I think doing a Linden Home reveal there would be a great way to attract traffic.

ACS is also planning another "mega" event May 12-21st, the SL Fandom Con, which looks a bit like RL Comic Con to me.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It's a long time until March. Well, LL never promised the PPlus homes would come in 2022. I hope people who bought PPlus and thought it would be new houses in 2022, enjoyed PPlus for other reasons than those houses.

I really hope LL is not so behind with the houses, that we have to wait until May.

Totally agree!  I am impatient (my general state!) but picked up a super 1024 water lot and am very happy with it as well as my lovely Chalet. 😄

• Like 4

I actually upgraded to PP (on Dec 5) because I needed more groups. I must say that the free texture uploads have been nice too.

I got a super lovely large mainland parcel about a month ago and co-own it with a friend. It is along a sail-able ocean in a beautiful scenic area. I am very taken by it and seriously doubt that a 2048 Linden home will appeal to me as much as my mainland. I was able to put 1024 of my PP Land Allowance towards that tier, which kept me from going up another tier price notch, and still get a new houseboat in Belli.

There really are other reasons for Premium Plus in addition to the upcoming 2048 homes that everyone is looking forward to.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

f6f8b25591020c402d5a9133ad4da55d.png

Well, I've always assumed that by "ranch houses" LL meant 1950s-esque suburban ranch houses.  But something like this on a 2048 would be different, and therefore to me more interesting.   (Tho LL still may mean 50's ranch houses, just be making some play on words).

My happiest times in SL were spent on a very western-themed ranch that we built out of prims on a nearly empty desert region on Azure Island's original huge contiguous continent.  The charm of that was all the empty desert around us ... 2048 LH's would have more room than 1024s, but LL still would need to put 10 or more of them on a region to be profitable.

• Like 4

I'd just be happy with a house boat on a plot the size of the normal 1024 but with the prims of a 2048 plot. I always have the issue of not having enough prims. My dream would be to have my house boat decorated to the standard it currently is, perhaps a bit more, but with another 200 or so prims for a really nice yatch to be moored outside. Currently, it seems you can either have a nice yatch outside and an empty home or a really nice home but no boat. 

I could be wrong, and please, if anyone has figured out how to strike the balance, please let me know. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I'd just be happy with a house boat on a plot the size of the normal 1024 but with the prims of a 2048 plot. I always have the issue of not having enough prims. My dream would be to have my house boat decorated to the standard it currently is, perhaps a bit more, but with another 200 or so prims for a really nice yatch to be moored outside. Currently, it seems you can either have a nice yatch outside and an empty home or a really nice home but no boat. 

I could be wrong, and please, if anyone has figured out how to strike the balance, please let me know. 

There is no trick around it. 90% of your purchases need to be low LI or otherwise you will always ran out of prims.

However I heard something about linking specific objects or removing scripts inside the objects would decrease the prim count, but for that I think it's best for a person who has more experience on that than me to tell you.

Edited by Miguel Rowley
Edit
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

My first recommendation is to find a lower LI yacht.  Over 200 is a HUGE LI to devote to a single vehicle.  I have 3 vehicles rezzed at my fully decorated stilt (Mudskipper jeep, Bandit IF sailboat, and Harbor Master motorboat).  Each is under 35 LI.  A very nice yacht can be found for around 100LI.   BBX has several, here's one. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Yacht-Princess-II/13648719

Here's a recent thread about how to lower land impact on your items.  Be sure you catch @Chic Aeon 's post there about how LI is calculated.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.