2022 Black Friday Sales in Second Life?

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking about writing up a blogpost to point people to the Black Friday sales happening in Second Life on or around the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving was a month ago; we're buried in snow by the time the American version comes around!).

I do seem to remember that Maitreya has an (unannounced) 50%-off sale on the ever-popular Maitreya Lara mesh body (at least, they have the past couple of years). Does anybody have any info for 2022? Are there any other mesh head and body makers who will be offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and discounts?

What other stores are offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend sales?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Seraphim puts out a massive list of participating stores each year. The countdown to the release of this year's list is currently at 3 days and 13 hours, so we'll know for sure early next week what stores are doing what.

Many have started their sales early, though (Black Friday Week, instead of weekend, it seems).

For heads - Lel and AK will have 50% off (Lel starts on the 25th, AK's is on now).

Not sure about bodies yet.

For decor - so far, I've seen Fourth Wall has started theirs, Square, and Tarte has some holiday stuff discounted.

Hair - Magika's sale ends today, I think. Kuni has a sale as well. Olive's birthday sale is still ongoing the last I checked, even though it was supposed to end days ago. Edit: Just saw Moon started theirs, as well (50% off).

Clothes - Addams already started, too.

Skins: Velour's sale started, and I saw earlier that Ives has their Black Friday sale on right now, too.

Seraphim is probably your best source at the moment. Check the Super Sales Listing tab, the regular events on the homepage, and the main Black Friday list countdown is here - https://www.seraphimsl.com/black-friday-sales-list/

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Only if you have to finance demanding high-maintenance alts.

Not alts - just my shapeshifting main!

I use Black Friday to get cheap (and free) heads that I can use to make new avatars throughout the year. But then, everyone on the grid drops their prices to 50% off, so I wind up demoing like...everything. I struggle to focus on the task at hand, grab demo skins, and sit and stare at myself for an hour trying to decide if this head/skin combo works best or THIS one or THAT or...

Then a couple days later, all the hair stores drop prices. Great, I need hair for these new looks! Makeup prices plummet. Tattoos. Accessories. Clothing. Mods for bodies. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I wind up working on multiple looks at once. And sales have that domino effect - one place drops prices, then the next, then the next.

It sends me into creative overdrive and I'm yelling at myself - Stop thinking up new ideas Aya! No...now's the time. Everything's so cheap! AHHH! 😂 

I have to remind myself constantly that weekend sales are actually cheaper, so stop browsing! Especially for skins!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I was thinking about writing up a blogpost to point people to the Black Friday sales happening in Second Life on or around the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving was a month ago; we're buried in snow by the time the American version comes around!).

I do seem to remember that Maitreya has an (unannounced) 50%-off sale on the ever-popular Maitreya Lara mesh body (at least, they have the past couple of years). Does anybody have any info for 2022? Are there any other mesh head and body makers who will be offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and discounts?

What other stores are offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend sales?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

There is a Flickr gallery of stores offering sales here, many of them have already started their discounts

https://flickr.com/photos/97706970@N02/galleries/72157721251227207/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Not alts - just my shapeshifting main!

I use Black Friday to get cheap (and free) heads that I can use to make new avatars throughout the year. But then, everyone on the grid drops their prices to 50% off, so I wind up demoing like...everything. I struggle to focus on the task at hand, grab demo skins, and sit and stare at myself for an hour trying to decide if this head/skin combo works best or THIS one or THAT or...

Then a couple days later, all the hair stores drop prices. Great, I need hair for these new looks! Makeup prices plummet. Tattoos. Accessories. Clothing. Mods for bodies. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I wind up working on multiple looks at once. And sales have that domino effect - one place drops prices, then the next, then the next.

It sends me into creative overdrive and I'm yelling at myself - Stop thinking up new ideas Aya! No...now's the time. Everything's so cheap! AHHH! 😂 

I have to remind myself constantly that weekend sales are actually cheaper, so stop browsing! Especially for skins!

I feel your pain. Greg gets exhausted from juggling multiple bodies and heads. XD

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I feel your pain. Greg gets exhausted from juggling multiple bodies and heads. XD

Oh man, multiple bodies. That I refuse to let myself do, aside from one female and one male body. 😄

Clothing (and the lack thereof) does help keep that in check, so there's that! I'm fairly immune to Black Friday body discounts (for now...).

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have no plans to hit ANY black Friday sales in SL.or RL.  Never have, never will.  That is the kind of stress that is one of the easiest for me to avoid during the holidays.  Some people (gasp) actually enjoy it!  😯

I'm the same way.. I like relaxing when I shop Where some people you can see them getting amped up for it the closer it gets..

I have too much stuff as it is already and trying to get rid of a lot of it..  I'll probably window shop from Seraphim like always and keep an eye out on something I may want.. But there is not much I can think of that would make me want to get battle store ready.. hehehe

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm the same way.. I like relaxing when I shop Where some people you can see them getting amped up for it the closer it gets..

I have too much stuff as it is already and trying to get rid of a lot of it..  I'll probably window shop from Seraphim like always and keep an eye out on something I may want.. But there is not much I can think of that would make me want to get battle store ready.. hehehe

Just a quick tip - every store I've been in that has their sales running already = empty. Wait...I lied. Addams got full yesterday, but it was still fairly easy to get in there after a couple minutes.

I don't know why. Maybe people just aren't checking notices/Seraphim this early. But if there's something you do want, now's the time!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just a quick tip - every store I've been in that has their sales running already = empty. Wait...I lied. Addams got full yesterday, but it was still fairly easy to get in there after a couple minutes.

I don't know why. Maybe people just aren't checking notices/Seraphim this early. But if there's something you do want, now's the time!

Many could be saving everything they have right now for When Friday does get here.. The Pros are  probably gonna make sure they don't jump the gun too early and regret missing out of something really great landing on Friday.. hehehehe

I picture Robert Duval and Sean Penn in Colors When He told Pac-man the Bull joke.. hehehe

• Like 2

Magika sent out a message in the group: The hair sale will last out November. I have one or two hairs I am thinking to buy... I am kind of waiting to see what Wings, Stealthic and Doux will do.

I have hairs from previous sales I haven't used. 🙄 And now that I am so busy decorating my house, I have worn the same hair and clothes for weeks. I changed outfit last weekend. If it wasn't virtual clothes, they would stink.

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Magika sent out a message in the group: The hair sale will last out November. I have one or two hairs I am thinking to buy... I am kind of waiting to see what Wings, Stealthic and Doux will do.

I have hairs from previous sales I haven't used. 🙄 And now that I am so busy decorating my house, I have worn the same hair and clothes for weeks. I changed outfit last weekend. If it wasn't virtual clothes, they would stink.

KUNI also has a sale, all hair is priced at 75L, another 75L if you want the style hud too.

WHEN I use Black Friday Sales its for bigger things that are on my "ya well this is OK" List (Like the 15th LeLutka Head I won't use much only for blogging or a certain body that I only would get so I can use it to blog a sponsors items) lol everyting I really want I buy instantly because I totally rack disciprine XD

11ae9220161395aa402a2139e03b26a2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Vicious Hollow said:

The Mesh Shop is having a Black Friday sale, similar to the one they had last year. Starting today and every day leading  up to Black Friday, they have 50% off on a specific boat. Ironically, as I was writing this, the sale went "live". 😁 

I have to say it, that's a stupid name for a store. But I found it because it's using "Bandit" in the name as well. They have good boats.

No Match hair started the sale. It's appears to be in a specific location, not the mainstore. And "selected" hairs. I am not going there because all who got the group notice goes there now. I wait a bit. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Helheim/211/162/2003

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Seraphim puts out a massive list of participating stores each year. The countdown to the release of this year's list is currently at 3 days and 13 hours, so we'll know for sure early next week what stores are doing what.

Many have started their sales early, though (Black Friday Week, instead of weekend, it seems).

For heads - Lel and AK will have 50% off (Lel starts on the 25th, AK's is on now).

Not sure about bodies yet.

For decor - so far, I've seen Fourth Wall has started theirs, Square, and Tarte has some holiday stuff discounted.

Hair - Magika's sale ends today, I think. Kuni has a sale as well. Olive's birthday sale is still ongoing the last I checked, even though it was supposed to end days ago. Edit: Just saw Moon started theirs, as well (50% off).

Clothes - Addams already started, too.

Skins: Velour's sale started, and I saw earlier that Ives has their Black Friday sale on right now, too.

Seraphim is probably your best source at the moment. Check the Super Sales Listing tab, the regular events on the homepage, and the main Black Friday list countdown is here - https://www.seraphimsl.com/black-friday-sales-list/

They are a good resource.  But many of us who do our own mainstore sale won’t be listed there.   (We are doing ours this year across our four regions). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

But many of us who do our own mainstore sale won’t be listed there.   (We are doing ours this year across our four regions).

I don't buy (any more) clothing these days. Bodies. Hairs. Accessories. None of that.

But gorgeous homes and buildings? I'm a junkie for.

Just finished plopping down yet another SC home (Zanzibar) and an AL Manufactory (Rhode Island Station) for my renter and my sailing parcel theme respectively, and will be hitting SC like a shopping fiend.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I don't buy (any more) clothing these days. Bodies. Hairs. Accessories. None of that.

But gorgeous homes and buildings? I'm a junkie for.

Just finished plopping down yet another SC home (Zanzibar) and an AL Manufactory (Rhode Island Station) for my renter and my sailing parcel theme respectively, and will be hitting SC like a shopping fiend.

That’s super kind!   Glad you able to use it, one of my favorites!!    ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

They are a good resource.  But many of us who do our own mainstore sale won’t be listed there.   (We are doing ours this year across our four regions). 

Although I don't do black Friday sales at all, for this, I'll make an exception!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.