2022 Black Friday Sales in Second Life?

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is very helpful information, thank you all! (I will have to pay a visit to Avani.)

Yes, I saw that Velour was selling body skins at 30% off, which is notable since so many head skins use the Velour skin tones. Last year for that 12 Days of Christmas LeLutka promotion, which many stores participated in, Velour actually gave away 8 gift body skin tones (4 for men, and 4 for women), and in my freebie fashionista heart, I hope they do that again this year!

The Seraphim Black Friday list is now up - https://www.seraphimsl.com/2022/11/23/the-seraphim-black-friday-sales-list-2022/

Also, for those of us who are not quite human, BeSpoke will be holding a 75% off sale on select heads and skins. They've left it up to their customers to determine which heads are included in the sale based on a customer vote in Discord (runners-up will also be getting some love). Worth keeping an eye out on that (or join their Discord and vote before the end of the contest today) if you're in the market for a new furry, monster, or fantasy head. 😄 That sale will run for a week and starts Nov 25th.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

I don't think camping out will work. If Lelutka does have a sale, I'm pretty sure they will restart the sim before it begins. Would be good practice generally, if you're expecting a crowd.

They have posted it now. 50% off on all EvoX heads. 25th to 28th.

I don't understand why they camp. It must be "in".

• Thanks 1

Fancy Decor has a very clever store navigation HUD. It uses experiences to teleport you from booth to booth. The display is at the landing point. Click, and it ask if you will allow it to attach to your avatar. Do so.

Before you go to FD, read the Flickr or the Marketplace listings, so you know the name of the item/collection. Fancy Decor || Jake Vordun | Flickr

When you click the navigation HUD, you can select info on how to use the HUD. Click the HUD to go to the store directory list:

Fancy Decor Store Directory - Google Sheets

Find what you will buy from the list, and in Second Life, click the HUD where it says "find booth" and type in the three numbers from the directory list. Accept the experience. (You need to accept only the first time)

And then you are sent to the correct booth. Very comfortable shopping.

I like stores that makes it easy for me to shop. 

Edited by Marianne Little
added last sentence
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, shireena1 said:

Gees, I already found one place where their prices are not any cheaper, even though their sale has started.

I mean just saying.. they didn't get my custom.

Did you buy anything? A lot of stores that use Caspervend set sales so that you pay the full price and then the vendor refunds a certain percentage.

OK, everybody, I have posted my Quick and Dirty Guide to Black Friday Sales in Second Life to my blog. It's already been posted by SL to their Community News feed here:

(I won't link it here because I don't want to get banned from the community forums, but if you Google "ryan schultz blog", it should be easy enough to find, and the blogpost is the most recent one, at the top of the page.)

So far this Black Friday, I have bought one Belleza Jake mesh body for a male alt (L$1,500, same price as before Black Friday, it's been half-price for a year now, I think, along with the Belleza Freya/Isis/Venus bodies). I also purchased four Maitreya Lara mesh bodies for female alts (L$1,375 each). I usually don't buy hair or clothes or shoes, but I absolutely do take advantage of the bargains on mesh bodies! 😉

As a freebie fashionista, I am very interested in knowing about any store groups which are temporarily free to join during the Black Friday-to-Cyber Monday weekend. I have listed a few that I have found in my most recent blogpost, but I'd love to learn about more. Thanks!

Quick update: BeSpoke's storewide sale is now LIVE. 

Things have changed up slightly, so I'll drop the info from Discord here.

The entire store is marked down 25%. Vendors will refund after purchase. 

There is a special discount vendor at the main landing point for the Black Friday Poll winners. Be sure to check here first, as additional discounts will apply to the winning heads (and skins).

The main contest winners are Sphynx Zen and Neko Stray - they will have an extra discount applied, bringing them down to 375L each (the vendor will display the wrong price, but will refund).

Second place are Incubus and Succubus - they are discounted to 750L. Again, the vendor will reflect a different price, but will refund.

And lastly, at the bottom there is a third discount vendor offering an additional 30% off for the runners up. 

This sale will run until December 2nd.

Omg it would help if I included a landmark. Ahh.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honeydale/129/127/1012

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added infos

31 minutes ago, shireena1 said:

Umm, apart from a reduced price blouse and jacket from TORI TORRICELLI, and jeans from BLUEBERY which Im not sure were on sale or not...

giphy.gif

I know at ISON, you pay full price and get 50% refunded so initially, unless you're aware, you wouldn't know it was on sale.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 1:15 PM, Vanity Fair said:

I was thinking about writing up a blogpost to point people to the Black Friday sales happening in Second Life on or around the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving was a month ago; we're buried in snow by the time the American version comes around!).

I do seem to remember that Maitreya has an (unannounced) 50%-off sale on the ever-popular Maitreya Lara mesh body (at least, they have the past couple of years). Does anybody have any info for 2022? Are there any other mesh head and body makers who will be offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and discounts?

What other stores are offering Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend sales?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I try to shop free or L$1 only so Black Friday wasn't too intense for me. For sale at L$50?  Too rich for my tastes LOL.

Now, however, there's the ADVENT CALENDARS galore and the SHOP&HOP HOLIDAY and I am overwhelmed just trying to figure out which calendars I really want to go to and which I just dropped by to check out.  And now the S&H and I am just completely overwhelmed.  For the next few days I'll be in FOMO mode because RL holiday stuff (good news/bad news kind of situation) so what cool (free) stuff will I miss out on?

However I have to acknowledge I don't actually NEED anything, and outside of wanting to look like Katy Perry as a candy cane, there isn't that much I super duper want.

If anyone has suggestions for a free (or low cost) candy cane striped jumpsuit, please let me know. I might even be willing to go up to L$50.

22466702-7811269-image-a-6_1576784467839

• 7 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, MystikalGirl said:

This explains why so many people have been camping at Lelutka.   Yet, poor AK is empty, and they are having their sale now.  Everyone wants those alt heads.  The real fun is when they give away the free one and nobody can get in, except the usual suspects. The people who think camping out on a sim makes them cool, but it does not. It makes you a Scrooge and you deserve to have 3 ghosts visit you and carry off to the Nether region where you will be forced to watch the View for eternity.

Happy Black Friday Hunting everyone.

I know I'm seeing this a bit late but, as of 2023 (well, when they updated with Premium and Premium Plus I should say) If they are in fact a premium plus member they have vip access . That is one of the perks of being PP which is like 30.00 USD a month. I'm glad they did that BC I used to wait too and sometimes I would miss out bc nobody would leave and allow me to come in.. they also started putting timers if you are there longer then 15 minutes it will kick you back home. so ...big changes in SL hopefully they all get on board with it and lets see how this year is different from the others.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AliceCullen77 said:

I know I'm seeing this a bit late but, as of 2023 (well, when they updated with Premium and Premium Plus I should say) If they are in fact a premium plus member they have vip access . That is one of the perks of being PP which is like 30.00 USD a month. I'm glad they did that BC I used to wait too and sometimes I would miss out bc nobody would leave and allow me to come in.. they also started putting timers if you are there longer then 15 minutes it will kick you back home. so ...big changes in SL hopefully they all get on board with it and lets see how this year is different from the others.

Your access is not guaranteed with premium plus as.it hasn't been for.premium.   You get preference if a spot opens over the limit but so do the other 374653 premium people ahead of you trying to get in.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AliceCullen77 said:

there was time enough for everybody to get the items: enough days, and enough regions open 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 8:15 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Anyone else hate this time of year?!

Tbh I only ever really buy something when I see something I like, iv never been one for just buying something because it's on discount, so this time of year doesn't really fuss me too much. Having said that, maybe you should list the stores in order of importance and plan a whole day of Black Friday shopping, maybe put the least important first and work your way towards the more exciting stores? Make a whole adventure out of it, maybe every other store you have to type "Black Friday" into search and pick a random shop and tp there to see if you discover anything new.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.