Reputation in the Forums

Ags Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're not a Mean Girl.

You don’t need a "gang": you're a force unto yourself. 

It certainly doesn't feel that way.

On the other hand, the woman who raised me did have a lot of influence over me and we did call her a certain name behind her back for years only to watch her laugh about it when I told her we used to call her the Old Battle Axe. 🤭

I'm more like the Old Dull Hatchet. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I leaned back in my ornate, high-backed chair upon its dais and called, "Send in the next supplicant." I narrowed my eyes as a skinny peasant dressed in threadbare rags nervously entered through the great double doors and hesitantly approached.

"Come on, snap it up! I haven't got all day," I rapped out.

The peasant shuffled up, removed a shapeless object not entirely unlike a hat from his head and held it before him as he stood in my presence, eyes downcast.

"Forgive me, Your Grace. But you must know that you have...a...a certain reputation."

I felt a satisfied smile spread across my face. "Yes, I do. It serves me well."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I leaned back in my ornate, high-backed chair upon its dais and called, "Send in the next supplicant." I narrowed my eyes as a skinny peasant dressed in threadbare rags nervously entered through the great double doors and hesitantly approached.

The peasant shuffled up, removed a shapeless object not entirely unlike a hat from his head and held it before him as he stood in my presence, eyes downcast.

"Forgive me, Your Grace. But you must know that you have...a...a certain reputation."

* Rumblepurr * You would be fun for RolePlay!

• Haha 1

This is completely irrelevant to the topic but I really do miss forums in general on the internet. Yeah, they're still around, but they're an endangered species, and they were such an interesting part of the 'net growing up; they've become subsumed by all the big platforms

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Lindal Kidd, I recall liking you back before I took my hiatus. ^^^ This tells me my admiration was on solid footing.

PS: Also, I still like cookies---especially oatmeal raisin. 

Edited by Ags Falconer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sacrilege - ruining a wonderful oatmeal cooking by adding raisins.

Raisins are to be eaten by themselves, not added to stuff.

I'm very sorry to be disagreeable, but I must disagree. Raisins, as a super food, can and should be added to EVERYTHING. Right now, at this very moment, I have a jar of raisins soaking (for many months) in rum. I add them to ice cream and to cakes. Super duper yummy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

*peekz in*

Mmm?

*munches popcorn and watches the action*

*fears comment deletion, therefore...*

I dunno how reputations is calcluted...calurcted...calcles...FIGURED so I haz no idea what my numberz meen...

Hi @Charalyne Blackwood. i hope the popcorn was excellent, well-buttered, and quite salty! Your reputation is EXCELLENT.

BTW, I think your profile pic is simply super duper cute!

Edited by Ags Falconer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ags Falconer said:

I'm very sorry to be disagreeable, but I must disagree. Raisins, as a super food, can and should be added to EVERYTHING. Right now, at this very moment, I have a jar of raisins soaking (for many months) in rum. I add them to ice cream and to cakes. Super duper yummy!!

I can get with rum raisin. They're pretty verstaile in baked goods. But g-d help you if you put them in potato salad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/24/2022 at 11:42 PM, Ags Falconer said:

I'm easing back into SL after a 9 year hiatis. And now I'm pondering my reputation. Naturally, Joan Jett's lyrical commentary (https://youtu.be/2RK9jjOLDHc) on the general topic sprang to mind.
But for me specifically, I'd love to hear your thoughts dear friends. Should I work toward a good reputation? Or a bad one? Or a bit of both?

reputation.png

If you do something truly obnoxious here in the forums, it can effect your SL account status. For example; reveal RL information of another resident or other gossip with malicious intent. 🤐

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

I feel obliged to point out that this thread started wandering off topic yesterday morning. Please wander back with it.

Hi @Dyna Mole, very similar to when I'm pulled over by a State Trooper for some infraction, I want to thank you for your diligence and professionalism. 😉

I hope this helps my reputation in the forums. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ags Falconer said:

Hi @Dyna Mole, very similar to when I'm pulled over by a State Trooper for some infraction, I want to thank you for your diligence and professionalism. 😉

I hope this helps my reputation in the forums. 

Grabs you by the belt and yanks you away from the cage.

"Don't you see the sign? DO NOT TEASE THE MOLES!"

In here they are twelve feet tall with fangs and carry big banhammers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Gabriele Graves has pointed out, somewhere above, one legitimate use for reactions on posts -- in that it provides an opportunity for people who don't post to still engage with the community here.

I've thought of another, as well.

Images posted on the picture threads routinely receive anywhere from about 10 to 30 "likes" each. I know that there are some people who think that getting that many "likes" for a picture is sort of cheating, or unfair -- but what it does do is really create a community of support.

I like that everyone, regardless of photographic skill or even avatar appearance, gets welcomed onto those threads with a flurry of congratulatory reactions. I think it makes those threads really lovely places to be.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Gabriele Graves has pointed out, somewhere above, one legitimate use for reactions on posts -- in that it provides an opportunity for people who don't post to still engage with the community here.

I've thought of another, as well.

Images posted on the picture threads routinely receive anywhere from about 10 to 30 "likes" each. I know that there are some people who think that getting that many "likes" for a picture is sort of cheating, or unfair -- but what it does do is really create a community of support.

I like that everyone, regardless of photographic skill or even avatar appearance, gets welcomed onto those threads with a flurry of congratulatory reactions. I think it makes those threads really lovely places to be.

Not to mention how long those threads would get if everyone quoted all of the pictures just to say "Like".  I already get frustrated with the folks that feel the need to quote and comment on every single picture.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.