Peeve: When a friend thinks I'm lying & distrust is created between us.

My friend I've been staying with asked me months ago if I'd been letting people into his house when he's not there. I told him I hadn't and the only time I let anyone into the house was when someone came to pick up one of the dogs he was watching. Months later, he woke me up at 10:30 pm because he thought he heard a man's voice coming out of my room. I told him I'd been asleep and maybe I'd been talking in my sleep. Both times he asked if I was sure about my answer. Both times I insisted I was.

Last night in another conversation, I found out he still doesn't believe me. He said I'd said I'd watched a friend's dog for them. I told him I didn't say that. I'd said the only time I'd let anyone else into the house was when he'd asked me to be there for someone to pick up their dog. He insisted I'd said I had held a dog for a friend and that he couldn't be wrong because he has a very good memory. He also still seems to believe that I had some man in my room.

Note: He also told me that his ex-wife was having sex with multiple men while he was at work, that he has psychic conversations with people, and that he hears voices in the attic of his house, so I don't think his perceptions are reliable.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: eye-shopping in SL. I'm not looking for anything 'specific', I'm looking for something very mundane, but even after specifying my search very carefully there's more than 200 pages of mostly junk or just 'same thing, different creator'. I don't understand why we need so fricking many eyes, or why people keep cranking them out - do people change their eyes daily or something? Or is it so that people can call themselves 'creators' or 'store owners' because it's such an easy product to produce? 

Certainly feels like it'd be quicker to make my own than trying to browse. But I'm also lazy.

People generally have short attention spans these days. A creator can release the same set of eyes say a month apart with different packaging and name ( I have seen this!) and no one really notices because new shiny..lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My friend I've been staying with asked me months ago if I'd been letting people into his house when he's not there. I told him I hadn't and the only time I let anyone into the house was when someone came to pick up one of the dogs he was watching. Months later, he woke me up at 10:30 pm because he thought he heard a man's voice coming out of my room. I told him I'd been asleep and maybe I'd been talking in my sleep. Both times he asked if I was sure about my answer. Both times I insisted I was.

Last night in another conversation, I found out he still doesn't believe me. He said I'd said I'd watched a friend's dog for them. I told him I didn't say that. I'd said the only time I'd let anyone else into the house was when he'd asked me to be there for someone to pick up their dog. He insisted I'd said I had held a dog for a friend and that he couldn't be wrong because he has a very good memory. He also still seems to believe that I had some man in my room.

Note: He also told me that his ex-wife was having sex with multiple men while he was at work, that he has psychic conversations with people, and that he hears voices in the attic of his house, so I don't think his perceptions are reliable.

I'm not sure that friend is entirely safe to be around by yourself.  He does seem to need urgent medical help.  Of course I don't know you except for forum postings, and I don't know him at all; I'm just inferring from the evidence presented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm not sure that friend is entirely safe to be around by yourself.  He does seem to need urgent medical help.  Of course I don't know you except for forum postings, and I don't know him at all; I'm just inferring from the evidence presented.

He's safe. He just makes me feel more insecure than necessary because I can't always expect rational reactions from him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

that he has psychic conversations with people, and that he hears voices in the attic of his house

I am glad you have enough reasons to not be impacted by this individuals judgement / accusations, etc. Otherwise, that would be rough!

I too, know (and have known) some very special individuals, and sometimes you have to work to be unaffected by things they say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

"I'm not claiming X, just that I think in this particular sense Y does this one thing better"

"You're claiming X! You're claiming X! You X hater!"

That's why I hate algebra, it's always about my X.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

"I'm not claiming X, just that I think in this particular sense Y does this one thing better"

"You're claiming X! You're claiming X! You X hater!"

"Why do people in X group have to bring their X group issues into SL?" 

Maybe because we all bring our issues into SL?

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Sounds like paranoia, to me. The kind that doesn't trust medication or therapy.

His wife was probably lonely all the time, and afraid to have friends or a social life, for his sake.

That's a guy who was really badly betrayed when he was little, so just know it comes from there, and do what you can to reassure him. If you get too uncomfortable, maybe find somewhere else that you can stay during that time.

I want to say that a real friend would advise him to seek some help, but that might backfire and make him distrust you. Just try to be a good friend, and take care of yourself, too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...when I really want to eyeroll and Ewwww someone's post but instead just try to be an adult.  Adulting is hard sometimes!

Peeve: when our posts are not extreme enough to elicit eye rolls and ewwws!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

PEEVE

PUT
THE
DAMNED
TOILET
SEAT
DOWN!!!!!

#Shock #Horror #Cold #Wet #Spousicide

I will put it up every time I use it and I have no problem with that . You shouldn't have a problem putting it down every time you use it . There shall be no preparations for the next user. >:c

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I will put it up every time I use it and I have no problem with that . You shouldn't have a problem putting it down every time you use it . There shall be no preparations for the next user. >:c

A courteous, civil person tries to bear in mind the comfort of others when using something that others also use. When I'm riding a bus or a subway or streetcar, for instance, I don't leave things like discarded newspapers, wrappers, or whatever on my seat when I leave, because that shunts my responsibility to clean up after myself on the next person to sit there.

There are three basic states for the toilet:

State 1: Lid and seat both down. This is neutral, in that it affects everyone alike: we will all have to make a conscious decision to reconfigure seat and lid to conform with our proposed use of the toilet.

State 2: Lid up, seat down. This is also relatively neutral because, although my partner frequently needs the seat up, we both use the toilet with the seat down at various times. In other words, this is the state that best accommodates both of our needs.

State 3: Lid up, seat up. He is the ONLY person who needs the toilet in this state. To leave the seat perpetually up means that he's rendering it continually suitable for himself ONLY, and, what's more, knowingly leaving it in a position that is perilous for me.

In a civil society, we try to accommodate the needs of all, but in such a way that the "default" is the state that is most suitable for the greatest number of people. So it should be with toilets.

I should, I suppose, at least be glad that he's not actually peeing on the seat. 😡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

State 1 is the only state I am happy with, regardless of whatever configuration someone needs it in.  The toilet seat (and more importantly to me, the lid) being left up is simply unsightly - it looks untidy.  It is the bathroom equivalent of parking your car with the hood left up xD

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A courteous, civil person tries to bear in mind the comfort of others when using something that others also use. When I'm riding a bus or a subway or streetcar, for instance, I don't leave things like discarded newspapers, wrappers, or whatever on my seat when I leave, because that shunts my responsibility to clean up after myself on the next person to sit there.

There are three basic states for the toilet:

State 1: Lid and seat both down. This is neutral, in that it affects everyone alike: we will all have to make a conscious decision to reconfigure seat and lid to conform with our proposed use of the toilet.

State 2: Lid up, seat down. This is also relatively neutral because, although my partner frequently needs the seat up, we both use the toilet with the seat down at various times. In other words, this is the state that best accommodates both of our needs.

State 3: Lid up, seat up. He is the ONLY person who needs the toilet in this state. To leave the seat perpetually up means that he's rendering it continually suitable for himself ONLY, and, what's more, knowingly leaving it in a position that is perilous for me.

In a civil society, we try to accommodate the needs of all, but in such a way that the "default" is the state that is most suitable for the greatest number of people. So it should be with toilets.

I should, I suppose, at least be glad that he's not actually peeing on the seat. 😡

Peeve: "Hovering" isn't real?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

State 1 is the only state I am happy with, regardless of whatever configuration someone needs it in.  The toilet seat (and more importantly to me, the lid) being left up is simply unsightly - it looks untidy.  It is the bathroom equivalent of parking your car with the hood left up xD

I'd be happy with this as a compromise, and I do agree with your aesthetic judgment here too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: "Hovering" isn't real?!

It's a very bad thing to do. When women do this in public toilets, they end up making a mess for whomever follows half the time.

Not civil behaviour.

Almost as bad are the women who cover the public toilet seat with toilet paper to "protect themselves" -- and then leave the paper there for the next person to dispose of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: The weird expectation that I'm suppose to do everyone else's dishes when its my " turn" which I did not agree to.

No , son. I will take only the dishes I need and when I'm done I will wash ONLY the dishes I used. You can deal with your own procrastinators build up.

Same feel about toilet seats . If I need to touch it , I will. If I don't need to , I won't.

Car hoods only need to be opened when the car is being serviced or repaired. Not as a basic function that we can all do almost instinctively  with almost no effort.  >_>.. .

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

There's nothing worse then going for a tinkle at 3am in the dark and falling down the toilet because someone left the seat up!

Well, as long as you don't step on a Lego on your way back to bed ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Either party would be advised to check whether the seat is up or down if they intend to sit on it, so it is curious that only one class of people feel they should be able to have the expectation that it is always down. Personally I look anyway if sitting down in case someone tinkled and missed the hole and covered the seat with their wet waste. Nothing worse then my bare legs getting all wet from someone else's pee!

• Like 1