2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well my view is that there's getting to be more of a crackdown on sexual matters overall, and so LL wants to make sure they aren't in the crossfire of it as much as possible.

Maybe but just the particular way it is being done makes me wonder as to me it seems like the best way to enact a gradual transitioning to opening it up to a broader age range.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well my view is that there's getting to be more of a crackdown on sexual matters overall, and so LL wants to make sure they aren't in the crossfire of it as much as possible.

Maybe but just the particular way it is being done makes me wonder as to me it seems like the best way to enact a gradual transitioning to opening it up to a broader age range.

You could be right...the implementation is a clue.  Maybe the reason my emphasis is more on my theory is because of the recent scandal and how that occurred right before this 'crackdown'.

Pet Peeve: We might never know why...

Edited by Luna Bliss

17 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The sky has been falling since 2007. Question is whether that would stall it or reverse the trend.

By the time it hits rock bottom, imagine how impressive the ricochet would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe it's just me, because I need a break from it, but it's feeling like the mammoth child avi thread is starting to get a little mean.

It was really pretty civil to start with.

😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Maybe it's just me, because I need a break from it, but it's feeling like the mammoth child avi thread is starting to get a little mean.

😞

Peeve: I was taking part in a fast, whirlwind debate (as you know, I type fast), and someone accused me of being "out of character" and possibly having "Parvo".  I didn't let it hurt my feelings, I get trashed a lot just for being myself! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I was taking part in a fast, whirlwind debate (as you know, I type fast), and someone accused me of being "out of character" and possibly having "Parvo".  I didn't let it hurt my feelings, I get trashed a lot just for being myself! 🙂

I don't even mean personal attacks, although, yeah, there have been a few of those.

I mean less tolerance for other opinions, and for working out a compromise.

• Like 2

That thread? It is a metastasizing cancer that is difficult to keep up with and from the outset was destined to be a dumping ground for the board toxicity ...

As far as compromise goes ... Good luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😞

I don't know about you.. But I'm going to watch The Little Last Emperor.. For some reason, that movie puts me out fast.. I've been trying to watch it since Friday and still haven't made it to teen emperor  part of the movie yet without falling asleep..

It's sooo relaxing of a movie.

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Just now, Solar Legion said:

That thread? It is a metastasizing cancer that is difficult to keep up with and from the outset was destined to be a dumping ground for the board toxicity ...

As far as compromise goes ... Good luck with that.

Actually, I disagree Solar. Although, as I say, it's starting to feel a little meaner in tone, it's been, overall, really surprisingly civil. What's more, it has led to discussion that has had a visible impact on, for instance, the FAQ.

In some ways, its the sort of thing this place could be used for, even if it too seldom is.

As for compromise . . . I think LL wants a workable one, and I'm hopeful some of the suggestions will assist them in achieving it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Thank you!

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, I disagree Solar. Although, as I say, it's starting to feel a little meaner in tone, it's been, overall, really surprisingly civil. What's more, it has led to discussion that has had a visible impact on, for instance, the FAQ.

In some ways, its the sort of thing this place could be used for, even if it too seldom is.

As for compromise . . . I think LL wants a workable one, and I'm hopeful some of the suggestions will assist them in achieving it.

Peeve: Even dum peeple has impact, honest shills like me are threatened!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Read the toners and between the lines. All of them.

Here's the compromise: Revert it all, go back to the drawing board, ask for actual, meaningful input form the varied communities and utterly ignore all of the hardliners on either end.

Minimum.

But hey - that's coming from someone who is sick and tired of this song and dance between the varied groups.

Be very glad I am not the one calling the shots - no one would like the outcome.

• Like 4

Just now, Solar Legion said:

Read the toners and between the lines. All of them.

Here's the compromise: Revert it all, go back to the drawing board, ask for actual, meaningful input form the varied communities and utterly ignore all of the hardliners on either end.

Minimum.

But hey - that's coming from someone who is sick and tired of this song and dance between the varied groups.

Be very glad I am not the one calling the shots - no one would like the outcome.

Peeve: Compromise good!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's seemed to me like some days there was actually an interesting & productive discussion, but today it was repetitive & off topic. Overall, though, I think we've seen some compromise too. Child avatars and adult ones both have to give a little. It looks like LL will give a little bit too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Here's the compromise: Revert it all, go back to the drawing board, ask for actual, meaningful input form the varied communities and utterly ignore all of the hardliners on either end

Doesn't that you make you just another hardliner like the rest?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't even mean personal attacks, although, yeah, there have been a few of those.

I mean less tolerance for other opinions, and for working out a compromise.

There is no compromise to work at, I'm afraid. These forums are not a parliament.
The new TOS is out there already and people have to agree with them at log in.
So I guess it is simply frustration on all sides.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is no compromise to work at, I'm afraid. These forums are not a parliament.

You're right Sid that we aren't legislators. We're not going to be able to "overturn" the new rules -- nor do most people want to.

But we can make suggestions and point out issues. There has already been one revision of the FAQ that was sponsored by questions and comments in that thread, and we've been promised, again because of things said there, some sort of clarification on what the "modesty layer" should look like, and what it is supposed to be comprised of. We've had Tommy Linden and others popping in occasionally to note that they are paying attention -- and the evidence is there that they are.

As i said above, I think that this thread is, in some ways, this forum at its best, and most useful. Yeah, there's a lot of garbage of course, but there is also some serious and useful discussion that is making an impact -- or as much of one as we should ever expect to be able to make.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

/me nods

Snapshot_259.thumb.jpg.49774ad510156ce45650bf529ed19ae9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

and for working out a compromise.

The ToS changes WERE the compromise. Between doing nothing and just banning them.

Peeve: Dragging that thread into THIS thread.

You want to kvetch about it, go there.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I love that you spent time setting this picture up and unloading the texture and everything 🤣 One of your best pieces!!!! Watch out @Scylla Rhiadra you have competition!!!

Thank you, but it was really easy.  I just plopped down the campfire, created a prim and set it to media, and attached a wearable seat then a marshmallow stick 🙃 I think the most I did was pose my arm, which in the Alchemy viewer  (and black dragon) is really easy 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1