I could run LOD 4 all the time, but my purchasing decisions are based on LOD 2.  If a creator's stuff can't be seen, no sale.

I want people to see the things I set out for them to enjoy.  Landscaping items with crap LODs are a real peeve.  They are supposed to be visible from a distance. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Facebook apparently is having problems.  It's been telling me that my password is incorrect, that's been functioning just fine for months, but the procedure to get a new password keeps failing.  Is it time to get paranoid?

Apparently not. I don't use FB myself, but I just talked to a good friend who is having exactly the same problem. It looks like a FB issue.  Forget the paranoia.  Go make a cup of tea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Facebook apparently is having problems.  It's been telling me that my password is incorrect, that's been functioning just fine for months, but the procedure to get a new password keeps failing.  Is it time to get paranoid?

Apparently not. I don't use FB myself, but I just talked to a good friend who is having exactly the same problem. It looks like a FB issue.  Forget the paranoia.  Go make a cup of tea.

Peeve: Reminds me of recently when the Forums made me use a new Email (apparently due to ONE email getting blocked as SPAM).  But it felt like being gaslit!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Just got back in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's where mine always is too. I avoid buying anything without being able to see it -- either in an in-world shop or as a demo. 

But it still doesn't fix what others bought and one can see when not at home.

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Because they are mens work socks..If you think about what  all those different jobs are, they need all that.. My husband goes through some work socks.

If He had just regular old  socks, they wouldn't last a week.. hehehe

I don't buy into that theory really, as if women are delicate little flowers that tiptoe around thickly carpeted workplaces or sit with their feet up more than men. I've just come back in from a tough gardening session, and I walk the equivalent of a marathon every couple of weeks, so I reckon I'm just as worthy of thicker padded comfier socks as any man.

Besides - other half of the peeve (or perhaps peeve number 2 on the same subject):

Why are men's socks cheaper than women's? (Don't tell me, because women are the breadwinners and pay for all the women's socks?) 

Tee hee. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

But it still doesn't fix what others bought and one can see when not at home.

That's true, although I do keep my draw distance at 128m, so I'm not asking my graphics card to look for things more than half a region away.  (Most of the time I'm really only looking at things within chat distance, actually, so I don't see things that break down beyond even that distance.)  For me, setting LOD at 2.0 seems to be fine.  If someone else wants to build with garbage that does break down for me, I figure that's their loss.  I make a note not to come back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SabrinaCooke said:

Peeve: When you try to be nice and helpful to someone and they turn around and accuse you of trying to take advantage of them. FFS. 

That's some people's "default mode". 

Because why would someone be nice or try to be helpful if they didn't want something in return? 😞 

(I had people I "dated" try to tell me this before. Life lessons, rightttt)

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

If someone else wants to build with garbage that does break down for me, I figure that's their loss.  I make a note not to come back.

Not arguing about your decision to run viewer at any desired settings, but there will always be "those people". Someone on a potato with possible lowest settings will see your place and your entire avatar in the worst possible way. Always, no exceptions. I don't remember when it was removed, but when one could uncheck basic shaders in preferences it would break others' mesh avatars for this person completely. Can't say it ever should have been a reason to not use mesh, though.

It's no one's loss really. Unless it's a commercial kind of place which does try to get people visit, spend their time and there and (hopefully) spend some of their money, then it's most likely made at the expense and for fun of the place's owner. Even if it's kept public some random visitors not coming back (for absolutely any reason, not just LODs related) can hardly be considered a loss. I strongly believe that like with avatars the regions/parcels should be built exactly how their owners want it for themselves. And if other random people don't like it... who really cares?

• Like 1

Peeve: inventory issues .. Can't get dressed to go check out an event.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I don't buy into that theory really, as if women are delicate little flowers that tiptoe around thickly carpeted workplaces or sit with their feet up more than men. I've just come back in from a tough gardening session, and I walk the equivalent of a marathon every couple of weeks, so I reckon I'm just as worthy of thicker padded comfier socks as any man.

Besides - other half of the peeve (or perhaps peeve number 2 on the same subject):

Why are men's socks cheaper than women's? (Don't tell me, because women are the breadwinners and pay for all the women's socks?) 

Tee hee. 

I'm not saying we are delicate flowers.. I'm just saying, when is the last time you or me poured a concrete foundation for a house or dug sewer line or cleaned a septic tank all on the side of a mountain? lol

I'm gonna guess our socks cost more because we don't go through them as fast? hehehe

Just to add.. They do make women's work socks that are pretty comfy.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Could you go as that pretty lady avatar, instead?

She's the one stuck in nothing but her knickers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Be still my heart!

Well, the auto-alpha scripts in the clothes still kicked in. She does not look amused.

036632e5d0b77175e827521ee087d75a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Probably because some women are willing to pay the higher price, instead of buying men's socks that fit? They're socks. Socks are unisex (unless it's a particular pattern or style). If women's socks were cheaper, I would buy those if they came in the right size (and no particular pattern or style). 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

Peeve:  LSL changes that have borked The Arcade's whole system.  At least that's what The Arcade's people are blaming it on. 

The tl;dr is that these changes made it so everyone who sets foot in The Arcade gets the same pulls/numbers, so there's no ability to use alts, unless it's clothing and another body is involved.  

I only wanted 2-3 things and was trying to help a friend get a rare, but we're SOL until they get this fixed.

6 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

As long as your hand isn't in the cookie jar, you'll be able to hold them up!

pants-are-falling-down-650x870.jpg

Those drawers are so low that they look like my two year old when we put him in the creek with his diaper on... It's the same sag on both those guys.. like there is a load in them drawers..  lol

• Haha 4

Go out of town for two weeks or so, miss reading a few threads apparently and of course a pawful of the usual suspects just can't let some things go or behave without being admonished by the staff ...

Ah well.

• Like 2