Peeve: "Peeve Lightly through this Second Life"! 

(Cribbed from "Dance Lightly through this Life..")

As one must, for to Peeve, is to Dance Peevishly!

Kind of like the "Firebender" dancers in the horrible M.Night Shyamalam's "Last Airbender" live-action movie adaptation.  They looked peeved, and as if they were dancing.

Peeve: Horrible adaptations.

Pet Peeve: Spam folder in email. I deliberately keep a low social profile with my email, the smallest social footprint possible exposing my email yet, YET, my spam folder continues to receive spam email. I'm thinking my email provider deliberately sells my email to shady companies OR they (somehow) make money off opening email faucets everywhere. I live for the day I have zero spam mail!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve: Running out of pita when you still have hummus left.

Find some veggies or something else that it tastes good on.. Or even try and see if other things taste good with it on them..

This is the time for all good things to answer the call of the hummus..

hehehe

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Find some veggies or something else that it tastes good on.. Or even try and see if other things taste good with it on them..

hehehe

Yeah, but I already finished all my carrot sticks.

/me eyes the bag of green beans in the fridge . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe

Hell, I just eat the stuff with a spoon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the dish is shallow enough, I just lick it out. Otherwise, I just use my fingers or a slice of bread.

But then, I'm the resident dishwasher, so I would slack on the silverware. Less to wash later.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Alternate uses for humus: Use in tuna or egg salad in place of mayonnaise, as a sandwich spread on a turkey or chicken sandwich, or add to cooked veggies to create a sauce for them. Imagine humus on cooked cauliflower or artichoke leaves. 😊 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe

Peeve: Y'all inspired me to buy some hummus last night! Bonus: They had it on BOGO!

Peeve2: The BOGO brand only had 1 flavor that was actually made out of garbanzo beans. (Most were made of "white beans" or "black beans") WTH?!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Alternate uses for humus: Use in tuna or egg salad in place of mayonnaise, as a sandwich spread on a turkey or chicken sandwich, or add to cooked veggies to create a sauce for them. Imagine humus on cooked cauliflower or artichoke leaves. 😊 

Also leftover tahini if you have been making humus goes very well with (lightly) roasted Broccoli, I discovered this in my experimental younger days.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another "hummus" peeve: All the different flavors have nothing to do with normal "hummus" (garbanzo beans, garlic, tahini).

Notable "hummus" flavors I saw at the store yesterday included Pickle and Chocolate.

Even though it was BOGO, I did not get the "Chocolate hummus".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even though it was BOGO, I did not get the "Chocolate hummus".

I don't think I could eat that. I like my mashed chickpeas to taste like mashed chickpeas, because I like that mashed chickpea flavor.

And sesame tahini is the bomb, just saying. I made halva with it once, that stuff was amazing.

• Like 2