10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Carbonated, flavored sugar-water is still called soda in California. If it's naturally carbonated by fermentation, it might be kombucha though.

This is one of the reasons I like juice.. I can be anywhere in America and ask anyone, where can I get some juice and they just point, over there..  hehehe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Now there's a pet peeve -- I do not want this to be so expensive, and I'm too lazy to make it myself.

Such an important drink for gut health though, along with fermented cabbage and kefir.

Beans also is really good for gut health.. lots of good bacteria in beans..

I know a lot of people say, omg the gas.. But that only happens to guys!! and only if you don't make them a part of your...I mean Their!! regular diet..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Beans also is really good for gut health.. lots of good bacteria in beans..

I know a lot of people say, omg the gas.. But that only happens to guys!! and only if you don't make them a part of your...I mean Their!! regular diet..

My guts disagree with you. So does the pain that can go with it.

Age and gravity will aways catch up to you. The older you are, the more likely you are to have gas because of the overnight build up. That's when it stops being so much fun. 

We still tease each other about farts but damn, I don't want any more nights like last night. It can be so painful that you get little to no sleep.

That's my peeve.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

My guts disagree with you. So does the pain that can go with it.

Age and gravity will aways catch up to you. The older you are, the more likely you are to have gas because of the overnight build up. That's when it stops being so much fun. 

We still tease each other about farts but damn, I don't want any more nights like last night. It can be so painful that you get little to no sleep.

That's my peeve.

Is that where the term old farts came from? :D

I don't ever use that term, but I hear it a lot..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
changed the period to a question mark because sometimes I do that..
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've taken ibuprofen and paracetomol. It's taken the edge off, and I'm propped up with cushions, walking like a proper old lady though. Horrible isn't it to be reminded that we are mere mortals. 

Magnesium helps to repair muscles. Bananas contain a lot of it. 
I have a jar of magnesium pills, because bananas contain lots of carbs too. So as a diabetic I have to be careful with that delicious fruit.
Every time I feel muscles starting to hurt somewhere, I take two of those pills every day for a few days and paracetamol for pain relief if needed.  It works for me so far.

Added: Spinach and all kinds of nuts contain a lot of magnesium too.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You aren't missing anything really. The time to have gone would have been prior to Katrina.

Really?  Have you been to New Orleans lately? 🙄

And for @Orwar and the other vampires:

Balfazaar Ashantison, Voodoo priest and elder in the RL New Orleans Vampire Association:

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

And for @Orwar and the other vampires:

Balfazaar Ashantison, Voodoo priest and elder in the RL New Orleans Vampire Associaction:

It's not like it was at all. Growing up in LA, I spent a lot of time in and around NO.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Magnesium helps to repair muscles. Bananas contain a lot of it. 
I have a jar of magnesium pills, because bananas contain lots of carbs too. So as a diabetic I have to be careful with that delicious fruit.
Every time I feel muscles starting to hurt somewhere, I take two of those pills every day for a few days and paracetamol for pain relief if needed.  It works for me so far.

Added: Spinach and all kinds of nuts contain a lot of magnesium too.

It also helps with constipation, FYI.  Constipation can cause lower back pain.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Always looks to be an interesting place, well-populated, with something going on when I dip into the Live webcam for Bourbon Street.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=bourbonstreet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've taken ibuprofen and paracetomol. It's taken the edge off, and I'm propped up with cushions, walking like a proper old lady though. Horrible isn't it to be reminded that we are mere mortals. 

Robaxacet works wonders too, but it isn't available in the US without a prescription, apparently. Here in Canada it's over the counter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Robaxacet works wonders too, but it isn't available in the US without a prescription, apparently. Here in Canada it's over the counter.

I've not heard of that one, but I'm in the UK. I was prescribed some amazing pain killers a few years ago, Distalgesics, but they were phased out in 2007 because there was a link to a higher rate of suicides! I felt great when I was on them.

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've not heard of that one, but I'm in the UK. I was prescribed some amazing pain killers a few years ago, Distalgesics, but they were phased out in 2007 because there was a link to a higher rate of suicides! I felt great when I was on them.

Gummy bears any good for you?  I have a friend with bad back pain who benefits from taking them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Gummy bears any good for you?  I have a friend with bad back pain who benefits from taking them.

Certainly something to consider. I have looked at these in Holland & Barrett before now. I'm awaiting a doctors' appointment about something else (11th October), but it might be related to why I have quite so much pain currently. I used to be able to do 8 hours without a break in the garden, and only managed 3 yesterday. One day I was 21, and the next I was 99, is how I feel right now though. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That my back is so sore, I can't think straight, and just posted my peeve to the wrong thread! Also when I went through my budget I found I hadn't accounted for a £30 unexpected expenditure last week, so I am quite out-of-pocket now.

Peeve: Old age and poverty. 

Is it from an injury you had in the past?

I know a lot of good  anti inflammatory foods can help a lot with a lot of the problems I was having with my hip injury..

They wanted to start giving me shots in my spine just to get me back at work and I said, I'm done with you guys and your shooting from the hip exploring ideas.. Physical therapy was the only thing that was working, which they cut off..

So I dumped them the April before last and did the exercises that I had learned from physical therapy plus the man giving me the therapy told me to call him any time I needed any help with exercises..I did that plus went on an anti inflammatory diet.. By the next April I was back at a new job and may get a tinge of pain once in awhile if I really over do something, but it goes away after a bit.. Nothing lasting more than a couple of hours..

The food in the U.S. as well as a lot of the junk we hear on the medias here, I swear is set up to give people inflammation and diabetes and  make them unhealthy.. A lot of people and media knock red meat too, but the repairing ability that good quality red meat has is too good to pass up..  They tried that  mess with eggs years back too and it didn't stick.. Good quality eggs can go a long way.. I have two soft boiled eggs every morning..

If I cheat and slip from my diet it doesn't take long at all to notice..

I know some things are always around, but just curious if it was an injury or something that can't be fixed..

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Is it from an injury you had in the past?

I know a lot of good  anti inflammatory foods can help a lot with a lot of the problems I was having with my hip injury..

They wanted to start giving me shots in my spine just to get me back at work and I said, I'm done with you guys and your shooting from the hip exploring ideas.. Physical therapy was the only thing that was working, which they cut off..

So I dumped them the April before last and did the exercises that I had learned from physical therapy plus the man giving me the therapy told me to call him any time I needed any help with exercises..I did that plus went on an anti inflammatory diet.. By the next April I was back at a new job and may get a tinge of pain once in awhile if I really over do something, but it goes away after a bit.. Nothing lasting more than a couple of hours..

The food in the U.S. as well as a lot of the junk we hear on the medias here, I swear is set up to give people inflammation and diabetes and  make them unhealthy.. A lot of people and media knock red meat too, but the repairing ability that good quality red meat has is too good to pass up..  They tried that  mess with eggs years back too and it didn't stick.. Good quality eggs can go a long way.. I have two soft boiled eggs every morning..

If I cheat and slip from my diet it doesn't take long at all to notice..

I know some things are always around, but just curious if it was an injury or something that can't be fixed..

Yes, it's from an incident where I lifted something incorrectly in 1992, so it does come and go. Yesterday I foolishly pulled too hard (at some sucker/trailing weeds) instead of getting the right tool out of the garage for the job (I should have dug out the roots rather than pulled at the plants).

We live and we (don't!) learn. :/ 

I totally agree with you, about people's diets. I swear by everything in moderation (but am a fiend for cake at times, and always pay the price for that physically). Eggs I swear by, with their lovely protein and iron-rich qualities. In fact I am going to have a boiled egg for my tea, with some toasted buttered soldiers. 

I'm like you, not happy with shots for this kind of thing, and physical therapy is definitely the way to go. I'm resting today, with pain killers and cushions, but am at that stage you'll know well, where it sometimes feels hard to even breathe, and laughing really hurts. 

Thank you and to everyone for suggestions and care. Means a lot.

Edited by Marigold Devin
To add more to first paragraph for clarity.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Yes, it's from an incident where I lifted something incorrectly in 1992, so it does come and go. I foolishly pulled too hard instead of getting the right tool out of the garage for the job.

We live and we (don't!) learn. :/ 

I totally agree with you, about people's diets. I swear by everything in moderation (but am a fiend for cake at times, and always pay the price for that physically). Eggs I swear by, with their lovely protein and iron-rich qualities. In fact I am going to have a boiled egg for my tea, with some toasted buttered soldiers. 

I'm like you, not happy with shots for this kind of thing, and physical therapy is definitely the way to go. I'm resting today, with pain killers and cushions, but am at that stage you'll know well, where it sometimes feels hard to even breathe, and laughing really hurts. 

Thank you and to everyone for suggestions and care. Means a lot.

If you do boil them and looking for the best benefits from them.. Keep the yoke runny.. that's why I have mine soft boiled, which I have with whole grain or whole wheat toast.. I'm so addicted to that combination.. I just love breaking the toast up and using  it for a dipper in the yokes.. hehehe

I know some people can't have grains and things like that because of health reasons.. Myself, I just can't think of having white bread, mainly because I just don't like it.. hehehe

I'll also have an avocado if they are ripe as well.. There is such a short window with avocados going from unripened to ripe to spoiled.. It's like, omg the Avocados are ripe, everyone get in here and grab an Avocado before they turn on us!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 2