My parcel has been griefed yet again -- sort of -- with a huge build placed on Abandoned Land and "Protected Land" right across from my place.

It's the same guy I reported for griefing my parcel 5 days ago. This is third time I've been griefed in the last month, all by people who belong to the same group.

Nice job, Governance.

• Sad 7

52 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I think I'll just stick to my adult areas, unless I'm with @Cinnamon Mistwood. Much safer with only hardcore sex and violence....Geez, I can't believe that happened to Sid.

I try and avoid those filty G rated places, they are a cesspit of vile creeps and "community snitch" prodnoses. Mush safer staying in respectable A rated venues.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Windoze has effed up my desktop. It now thinks its 640 by 480. Yes I have done the driver thing. It 'thinks' my PC is a phone? Soddit going back to linux - and no longer care what does not run on it. Anything that runs on a 'fone is for kids anyway. Never have these probs with a real tool - and I have a box full of tools.  Mutter grumble hammer consaw pointy stick voodoo operating systems... and its not the fault of SL. =^^=

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Windoze has effed up my desktop. It now thinks its 640 by 480. Yes I have done the driver thing. It 'thinks' my PC is a phone? Soddit going back to linux - and no longer care what does not run on it. Anything that runs on a 'fone is for kids anyway. Never have these probs with a real tool - and I have a box full of tools.  Mutter grumble hammer consaw pointy stick voodoo operating systems... and its not the fault of SL. =^^=

Once again, in English?

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You know, the more I think about how @Sid Nagy was treated, the more incensed I am about the high-handed response of the LL employee involved. It was thin-skinned, arbitrary and entitled. And, I might add, a crappy advertisement for the platform to any noobs who may have been present and caught on to what was happening.

I think these kinds of events are probably, in theory at least, not a bad idea.

Memo to LL, though: how about staffing these things with someone who's a bit better at actually interacting with, you know, people?

I'm slow catching up with this 'peeve' so forgive me for not going back to to the original.  I think the correct way to have dealt with such a situation would have been for the Linden to force teleport @Sid Nagy somewhere else for a gentle chat, and then only if it seemed like a real disturbance.  In a busy event, with presumably a lot of pressure on that Linden, who would have had IMs flying and many people to keep an eye on, I can see how it could turn out otherwise.  An appeal should have been possible though, and correction applied.  This is not to judge either party, just hoping to ease the hurt a little with another point of view.  I'll stop there as I'm not sure whether I'm now straying into discussing the status of a person's account, which isn't allowed here.  You tell me.

• Like 1

Peeve: Don't make it bigger than it is folks.

Landowners do this all the time to all kinds of people. They own the ban hammer for their sim/estate. I would not like to pay everyone even 1L$, who got banned over the years somewhere for whatever silly reason by a landowner. It would cost me a fortune. It is what landowners can do, no questions asked, no lawyers needed.
That it isn't a smart move in the long term when you make a RL living out of SL, is another story IMHO. But not everyone has business blood in their veins.

I have been active on the two largest SL forums for more than a decade, and I often chose the advocate of the devil role, when it comes to LL and new features for SL. Not everybody understands that it is merely pointing at flaws in the hope of improvements. And when there is a Linden who lurks a lot on the forums and who thinks that I'm just always plain negative, I can more or less understand his or her way of thinking: "Not the Nagy guy again." and then clicks the ban button. Totally unprofessional IMHO, but I can understand it to a certain degree.

I have been over 15 years in SL without coming across  a single Linden inworld. And I'm never banned somewhere on the grid in those years, as far as I know.
This last year I went to 2 events where Lindens were involved with: The opening of the SL20B, there I crashed out within minutes due to my mistake not to turn down graphic settings first. And now the Motown party.

I just need to avoid all Linden activities inworld and I'm all good.  :)
I don't collect Linden bears, so no problem at all.

Edited by Sid Nagy
It is Saturday, so I have to edit.
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Not "phone", probbly some kind of "safe mode" that assumes you are still using a 25 year old CRT apprantly, lol.

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Nom nom nom.  But peeve.  I miss having an oven.  There's no room in my kitchen.

*makes note to be more determined to move*

I only have a microwave but am thinking of getting a cheap multi-cooker from somewhere that you can use to make stews or fry-ups or even bake things in. That would do me a nice bread and butter pudding or jacket potato with a better texture than the microwave does them. 

(Moving is such an upheaval.)

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Not wishing to over-egg this pudding, but I'm there right now and there is no one on the banned list.

temp laugh.jpg

It kind of makes sense, that if people shouldn't have been banned (except for extremely grievous infractions, I suppose), that someone notices/checks and clears the ban list occasionally.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Nom nom nom.  But peeve.  I miss having an oven.  There's no room in my kitchen.

*makes note to be more determined to move*

I found a special type of microwave that also uses infrared and convection heat to bake/broil/etc...between that and a "no-preheat time" infrared toaster oven, I've delayed hooking up my 1920's oven for a couple years now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Not wishing to over-egg this pudding, but I'm there right now and there is no one on the banned list.

Just tried a few seconds ago:

RU2Zrmk.jpg

First Trivia question for this afternoon at the Trivia Party at Motown:  "Which long term resident will certainly not attend our Trivia party today?" 🤣

Peeve: And now let it rest please. No need for a storm in a teacup over this.
The building tools are malfunctioning today. That is far more of a peeve.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Yes it is Saturday. My "Edit the text" hobby day!
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I try and avoid those filty G rated places, they are a cesspit of vile creeps and "community snitch" prodnoses. Mush safer staying in respectable A rated venues.

You know, as funny as what you and I are saying sounds,  that IS what I'm actually seeing. I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions. In A regions, people are much more respectful of each other. They aren't there to stir up trouble, or report people. They are there to be a part of the experience. As I have said before, many men ASK permission, even in a forced sex SIM (which peeves my wife Caitlin to no end). I've seen more creeps in a few hours in G regions than I have in my 3 years of being in SL on A !!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:
17 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

imagine a life without grocery bags, and food bags, and bags to carry all our goodies in!

Like maybe baskets to bring the food in from the garden? That sounds wonderful.

Yes, this "bag prejudice" has to end. Definitely a pet-peeve and a worthy cause to fight against. Making protest signs as we speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions. In A regions, people are much more respectful of each other. They aren't there to stir up trouble, or report people.

Griefers go where they imagine they're causing the most disruption, often via pushing the boundaries in a sexual manner, and so G-rated sims would be optimal for them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Griefers go where they imagine they're causing the most disruption, often via pushing the boundaries in a sexual manner, and so G-rated sims would be optimal for them.

It's not just the griefers.  I'm not impressed by the level of conversation in general  in "general". 

• Like 2