I come to read business stuff, like the merchant forum, there isn't much of it but it is quite informative when you are running a business.  Every time i post anywhere else i am generally jumped all over by forum vultures,  most people just leave the forum,  i prefer to stand up for myself.  

17 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

My peeve is more: Discord itself. I ain't gonna use it. It simply doesn't work if people are from different time zones.

I've not really noticed too many issues with that. I'm in...ummmm, just under 40 servers 👀, all international with many users from Europe and the Americas and Asia and all over the place. But, these are all relatively huge servers with discussions taking place pretty much at all hours, so yeah, for a smaller one, it might struggle on that front. 

My peeve is just not having a central location to actually discuss all things SL/RL (not shopping!!!!) with people who use SL. All my other communities have something like that (obviously, or I wouldn't be sitting in 40 different servers 😂).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I come to read business stuff, like the merchant forum, there isn't much of it but it is quite informative when you are running a business.  Every time i post anywhere else i am generally jumped all over by forum vultures,  most people just leave the forum,  i prefer to stand up for myself.  

How did you walk in? did you walk in swinging or did you walk in and started getting kicked around?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Peeve: being told by a social platform to go join another social platform to be social. Then wondering why retention sucks. :eyerolls:

It's their show in their circus and their rules. I don't like some of those rules either very much, just as most of us here, but it is a take it or leave it deal.
Posting on these forums is at times like repairing a bike, only allowed to use one of your arms and one leg. Walking on eggshells sometimes to stay within the rules.
Peeve: It is what it is. So send in the clowns. 

Edited by Sid Nagy

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's their show in their circus and their rules. I don't like some of those rules either very much, just as most of us here, but it is a take it or leave it deal.
Posting on these forums is like repairing a bike only allowed to use one of your arms and one legs.
It is what it is. So send in the clowns. 

I know that but doesn't mean I can't peeve about it in the thread built for the purpose.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=052da81

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please, everyone, remember that the qualification " Posts made before 7/29/2022 will be left open unless policy violations cause them to be closed." in the forum participation guidelines that 

refers only to that particular restriction -- that is, while it wouldn't now be possible to start a  thread about Pet Peeves that aren't SL-specific peeves, this one has been grandfathered in as a place there people can still talk about pet peeves provided that they don't contravene any of the other guidelines while they're doing so.

So please don't try to use this thread as a way to circumvent, for example, the rules and guidelines about discussing other threads that have been closed, or the moderation process in general, or by going off topic for the thread itself, which is, of course, "pet peeves." 

If the discussion of a particular pet peeve turns into a discussion of something else (shortcomings in various different viewers, for example) then it should happen somewhere else.   And if that something else is something that the guidelines say shouldn't be discussed in these forums (e.g. politics or threads that have been locked by a moderator) then that somewhere else should be somewhere other than the official forums -- virtualverse.one, perhaps, or the SecondLife  SubReddit, or Twitter X or wherever.

Please help us to keep this thread open, because if it gets locked, it can't be restarted.

What about a compromise, take the people who are ruining it for the majority and place them on the naughty step for a time out? 

Peeve: the minority ruining things for the majority yet again.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

What about a compromise, take the people who are ruining it for the majority and place them on the naughty step for a time out? 

Peeve: the minority ruining things for the majority yet again.

Then there would be noone left here because with the amount of derails by different people, there are very few who have not been at one time or another been the minority affecting the majority.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then there would be noone left here because with the amount of derails by different people, there are very few who have not been at one time or another been the minority affecting the majority.

Peeve: 

This thread will be closed before I wake from my slumbers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet peeve:  Black & white thinking

You can stand by someone's right to consent to certain behaviors, but also view such behaviors as destructive and advocate against such behavior.

Like with my friend I mentioned earlier, who believes it's okay to divorce sex from love...she was still my friend, but I disagree with her belief that it's not harmful to do what she advocated. I don't think she realized the ramifications of what she believed in.

This is so refreshing. Being a free thinker, I'm sure you came to this belief on your own, about the effect of divorcing love from sex. Casual sex leads to rebound loneliness which leads to more causal sex. I'm one of few who'd love to hear why you believe this. My own pet peeve is why is it ridiculed if someone tells someone else "I love you" in public or in the forums. It doesn't make sense to promote loneliness.

• Like 2

• Moles

[edited to remove quoted post]

If you want to have an extended discussion of something SL-related, be it "I don't like the way the viewer handles outfits, and this is why, and this how how I think it be improved" or "This is what I have to say about sexism in SL" or "Should  child avatars wearing space suits be allowed to spam people  with bite requests on nude beaches in Gor?" that's great, but it should happen in its own thread, because it's not really on-topic for a thread about pet peeves.

If, however, you want a discussion of something that isn't SL-related, then the SL forums, including this thread, aren't the place to hold it.  

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I blame all this today on the full moon...a special full moon..a super blue full moon.

Yes, the peeve thread is a peeve today.

This is so funny, the peeve thread is a peeve. Super blue? I wish. Here it was pale yellow on a pale gray sky. It made me wonder why so many sims I visited lately have shades of gray in the sky. Maybe they're advertising the book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you want to have an extended discussion of something SL-related, be it "I don't like the way the viewer handles outfits, and this is why, and this how how I think it be improved" or "This is what I have to say about sexism in SL" or "Should  child avatars wearing space suits be allowed to spam people  with bite requests on nude beaches in Gor?" that's great, but it should happen in its own thread, because it's not really on-topic for a thread about pet peeves.

If, however, you want a discussion of something that isn't SL-related, then the SL forums, including this thread, aren't the place to hold it.  

You quoted a post I deleted—deleted for a reason.  Thank you for your answer. It did not help. It is also a moot point.

Edited by Seicher Rae

2 hours ago, cirleen said:

This is so refreshing. Being a free thinker, I'm sure you came to this belief on your own, about the effect of divorcing love from sex. Casual sex leads to rebound loneliness which leads to more causal sex. I'm one of few who'd love to hear why you believe this. My own pet peeve is why is it ridiculed if someone tells someone else "I love you" in public or in the forums. It doesn't make sense to promote loneliness.

It's been a bit of a wild day on this thread so we better be good and not talk about 1st life or something that's not a pet peeve. You could start a thread on these 2 topics though, related to these issues in 2nd life, and I'd likely participate there.

Pet Peeve:  I don't believe I've seen you start a thread yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

This is so funny, the peeve thread is a peeve. Super blue? I wish. Here it was pale yellow on a pale gray sky. It made me wonder why so many sims I visited lately have shades of gray in the sky. Maybe they're advertising the book.

I remember reading that a "Blue Moon" has nothing to do with it's apparent colour but is one where you get TWO full moon's in the SAME month, which happens about once every 4 1/2 years?

Hence the expression "Once in a Blue Moon".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1