Peeve: I bought a box of dates the other day, and went and grabbed some for a little snack.

On the box it says "Dates are good just the way they are, or as a topping for the porridge or the yoghurt. They're also popular for raw-food recipes where they're used for their natural sweetness". 

Are we so stupid these days we need product descriptions for frickin' fruits? 

"This is an apple, is nom, also good for putting in pie." Scoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: I bought a box of dates the other day, and went and grabbed some for a little snack.

On the box it says "Dates are good just the way they are, or as a topping for the porridge or the yoghurt. They're also popular for raw-food recipes where they're used for their natural sweetness". 

That's one of my peeves.

men-in-black-will-smith.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Sadly, yes. Hence, the helpful sign in my grocer's that says something like "Haraldson Apple: Tart, good for pies", and another that says "Gala Apple: Sweet, great for a snack".  They don't bother putting up a sign that says, "Delicious Apple: Pretty but not good for much". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: Links on these forums that attempt to take me to someone's personal blog. Not going to happen. I'm here to be here, not to be wasting time on your monetised vanity project.

not to single out that one person/post but there are some repeat offenders that expect you to visit their presumably monetised/sponsored content rather than put the info in their forum post

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

not to single out that one person/post but there are some repeat offenders that expect you to visit their presumably monetised/sponsored content rather than put the info in their forum post

Yeah, like all those blogger posts in the community news section.
Why not simply post what you have to say?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Having to hold back from posting inappropriate Peeves!

Like having to use the rest room while it is occupied?

/me turns on faucet 

giphy.gif

mwahahahaha!  My evil deed has been done for the day 😈😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suppose so!

"When you're forced to hold it, but not sure how long before you p!ss yourself!"

/me opens door for Love

Pesky lions, always got to go at the most inconvenient time!  I was just about to do the laundry!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

/me opens door for Love

Pesky lions, always got to go at the most inconvenient time!  I was just about to do the laundry!

/me rushes in and PEEves all over the place!

Peeve: When someone leaves. (Some of us are always hoping and/or assuming they will return.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Been a minute since I've posted in here, but it deserves it this time.

I'm not into politics, and I hate "influencing" and such, and all I wanted was some basic information on Eastern Orthodox saints. I found an article promising me just the sort I was looking for, too: Eastern Orthodox saints whom one would pray to for peace.

And the whole article was about how the Blessed Saint Mary, and several other saints, represent defending the motherland, maintaining national defense, and assisting soldiers in defeating the enemy. They apparently now intercede on behalf of those who want to kick butt. Peace through superior intercession.

Don't pray for an end to conflict, or that people's eyes will open and they'll see we're all one big family or anything, pray that we can stomp the other guy and come out on top.

*sigh*

On the plus side, I did find this fun icon of two dudes kissing. That made everything better, but still. Almost wrecked my mood, they did, for a minute there.

Saints-Peter-Paul.thumb.jpg.99c2d147ce7360ff31f21ff750076d57.jpg

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

On the plus side, I did find this fun icon of two dudes kissing. That made everything better, but still. Almost wrecked my mood, they did, for a minute there.

Saints-Peter-Paul.thumb.jpg.99c2d147ce7360ff31f21ff750076d57.jpg

Since you give no source for the text you read I can't comment on that, but I hope I can shed some light concerning the image.  The 'Icon of the Embrace of the Apostles Peter and Paul' nicely illustrates 2 Corinthians 13:12 - "Greet one another with a holy kiss".  Also they'd be among the first to say don't pray to them; go to the top. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Forgot to include the chapter.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

TW: Bugs

Peeve: Crazed bugs.

In my part of Florida, bugs exist. Large flying cockroaches, which I rarely see in the house.

Yesterday, professional pest control came and performed outside treatment. Last night, a big.."bugger" came crawling after me and also one of my pups a few times, shooing it away didn't help. (The pup actually got up and moved.)

Do not think I've ever seen that before, poor guy must've been crazed or really hungry. In the end, he ate my sandal.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TW: Bugs

Peeve: Crazed bugs.

In my part of Florida, bugs exist. Large flying cockroaches, which I rarely see in the house.

Yesterday, professional pest control came and performed outside treatment. Last night, a big.."bugger" came crawling after me and also one of my pups a few times, shooing it away didn't help. (The pup actually got up and moved.)

Do not think I've ever seen that before, poor guy must've been crazed or really hungry. In the end, he ate my sandal.

I'm reading a book now about killer cicadas and I hate big flying bugs!  

• Like 2

Peeve: Forgetting that I no longer have to TP to an old landmark to see if the place still exists. 

Instead of hitting the TP button, try hitting the Map button instead. Is the region still there? Can you see a building where the LM shows? There are other clues, too. 

QSG_Location_-_Places.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Finite said:

1250L single piece fatpack at a 50L faire.... I'm afraid to ask what you normally charge x.x. /me swipes left.

Did you make the mistake of assuming that an event called "The Fifty" is a 50 l sale event, rather than being full price event with 50 merchant, run by the SAME people that run the 50 ls weekend sale list, which isn't a single location event at all?

Typically about 2 people a month seem to make that mistake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Did you make the mistake of assuming that an event called "The Fifty" is a 50 l sale event, rather than being full price event with 50 merchant, run by the SAME people that run the 50 ls weekend sale list, which isn't a single location event at all?

Typically about 2 people a month seem to make that mistake.

No, it's an actual FLF birthday event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2