4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeved I can't have this for breakfast every day. Just needs a few chunks of a mild cheese.

colazione-all-italiana.jpg

I usually have the berries and a banana before heading off to work.. Then I bring a bunch with me to snack on during the day for little energy boosts..

Also walnuts.. I loooove walnuts..

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Nah, but it's fun to see how wound up people get when you tease about it!

But to be fair, the US isn't internationally famous for its culinary prowess. That's not to say that everything you eat is necessarily bad, but .. I mean ..

mqdefault.jpg

Au contraire. Prowess is power-eating, like all those weird eating contests. Aren't those usually won by Americans? (Although I think there's a Japanese hotdog-eating champion too.) 

Culinary sophistication is another thing, though. 😄

• Like 1

Somebody got me hooked on this breakfast and it really seems to be helping my inflamed eyes.

It's one third blueberries, one third walnuts, and one third cooked, sprouted oats (sprouted oats retain more of the vitamins and minerals than the typical over-processed kind). I add a tiny bit of sugar and stevia to the blueberries.

Sometimes I put a dollop of yogurt on that, flavored with vanilla.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Somebody got me hooked on this breakfast and it really seems to be helping my inflamed eyes.

It's one third blueberries, one third walnuts, and one third cooked, sprouted oats (sprouted oats retain more of the vitamins and minerals than the typical over-processed kind). I add a tiny bit of sugar and stevia to the blueberries.

Sometimes I put a dollop of yogurt on that, flavored with vanilla.

Instead of the sugar, try raw unfiltered honey and see how you like it.. I love honey  hehehe

I love a good mix like that  in Greek yogurt also..  One of the good things about Greek yogurt is, nobody in the house really likes it but me.. hehehe

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I usually have the berries and a banana before heading off to work.. Then I bring a bunch with me to snack on during the day for little energy boosts..

Also walnuts.. I loooove walnuts..

For me it's mainly the fruits, nuts, breads, cheeses and coffee. Coffee is a must. Lunch is an excuse to get away from work for an hour so a sandwich and maybe soup that I can gobble down so I have the max time to "be away from work".

What I wouldn't give for some fresh in the shell pecans... and not those paper-thin shelled ones either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Don't be peeved. You would be covered in hives after all that fruit!....sorry I'm in a negative mood

While I couldn't eat everything in that picture in one sitting, I could definitely eat all the fruit and be happily full afterwards.  My preference is the fruit by itself - not on or in anything.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I eat them all the time. I love a good razzleberry pie.

homemade-razzleberry-pie-5.jpg

When I was a kid, I used to come home covered in hives from eating wild raspberries and blackberries on my way home from school 🤣. If they were cooked or made into jam I was fine. It was the raw ones that were the killer. All the other kids were the same. My mammy used to give me a bucket to fill....aaahhh the memories

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

When the person you are fooling around with makes you self conscious by complaining that your emoting is too filthy and intense during slex and you realize they just want to look at the animations. Then you realize that you must emote your filthy thoughts because you have become somewhat desensitized to the visuals. 😑

Now people are going to be queueing up to experience this with you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

When I was a kid, I used to come home covered in hives from eating wild raspberries and blackberries on my way home from school 🤣. If they were cooked or made into jam I was fine. It was the raw ones that were the killer. All the other kids were the same. My mammy used to give me a bucket to fill....aaahhh the memories

I've never had that problem. Was there a point to your projecting yours on me that I missed?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
54 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I've never had that problem. Was there a point to your projecting yours on me that I missed?

He wasn't projecting his problem on to you...he was simply reminded of his berry memories and carrying the conversation further. It's stream of consciousness conversation in the way friendly people typically relate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

When the person you are fooling around with makes you self conscious by complaining that your emoting is too filthy and intense during slex and you realize they just want to look at the animations. Then you realize that you must emote your filthy thoughts because you have become somewhat desensitized to the visuals. 😑

Or perhaps - just perhaps - the oh so lovely visuals are a secondary and lesser stimulator to you then reading what is going on.

No need to feel self-conscious over that.

Indeed, things like that are one of my own peeves from the past and a reason I am so very selective these days ... I prefer to read with any visuals and such being a secondary input.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I swear that looks like a burger someone showed me a picture of that they make at one of the  places in town..

It's like a challenge meal, like they will have with a steak or something..If someone finishes it in like an hour , they get their name on the wall or on some wall of fame thing.. hehehe

Anyone that could eat one of those things in an hour really needs to go see a doctor, because something isn't right with them.. hehehe

Well, if they order an extra large diet soda along with it to compensate.... it's all good right?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am a little bit peeved that the only fruit I've been able to get recently is from the supermarket.  In the height of summer they managed to deliver sour fruit.  It's all been sour (and sometimes hard) except for just two strawberries that were almost sweet.  They must get it from a Nutrimatic fruit dispenser.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Thanks for all the supportive words and tips!🤗 Oh well...today's peeve is I failed, with 2 serious faults and 5 minors...could kick myself over one of them, it was so silly 😫 Better book my next one and get more practice in...but first, a large G&T 🍸

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 15

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Thanks for all the supportive words and tips!🤗 Oh well...today's peeve is I failed, with 2 serious faults and 5 minors...could kick myself over one of them, it was so silly 😫 Better book my next one and get more practice in...but first, a large G&T 🍸

Awww, I'm sorry! But I'm sure you'll get it done.

OR you could be like me, and just take public transit and cycle or walk everywhere. But I know that's not always an option.

(I've never even tried to learn to drive. I can't handle the idea of trying to avoid killing people while manoeuvering a 1,500 kg block of steel, glass, and plastic around at high speeds. The very idea terrifies me, honestly.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm sorry. 🤗

Now that you know what your weaknesses are you can work on turning them into strengths! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1