PET PEEVE: There is an annoying potted plant @ Shop N Hop.  Now it's not a BAD plant per se, kind of unique and interesting really, but it's EVERYwhere, and it traps me when I leave from one store and attempt to walk to the next one.   Shop N Trap

SL isn't for sex, it's for exploring and sailing .. also why don't LL fix the bugs and make regions crossing better.

So why is your boat a 20+ script monster? Featuring a 200 animation sex bed with humping sets in every single possible location on and near the boat, with a full 'smart' TV media system and separate radio, .. and the rest ...

Did you really just hit on me .. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

SL isn't for sex, it's for exploring and sailing .. also why don't LL fix the bugs and make regions crossing better.

So why is your boat a 20+ script monster? Featuring a 200 animation sex bed with humping sets in every single possible location on and near the boat, with a full 'smart' TV media system and separate radio, .. and the rest ...

Did you really just hit on me .. 

Oooh! "The Love Boat!" (The TV show, not making a play on words of my own name.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

I don't normally judge, but when I saw multiple people in a place that were over 100k+ complexity and they were like... classic avatars that didn't even look that well designed? Like what could you possibly be wearing that you need to lag the server so bad? One of them was a MLP avatar that was 120k+! I'm seeing this issue so frequently now for some reason.

I top out at 33k-70k depending on outfit and extra bits and bobbles that are needed. What's their excuse?

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

I don't normally judge, but when I saw multiple people in a place that were over 100k+ complexity and they were like... classic avatars that didn't even look that well designed? Like what could you possibly be wearing that you need to lag the server so bad? One of them was a MLP avatar that was 120k+! I'm seeing this issue so frequently now for some reason.

I top out at 33k-70k depending on outfit and extra bits and bobbles that are needed. What's their excuse?

Flexi-Prims

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

You should stop caring about the complexity as it has been played to death for so many years. Anything rigged can and mostly is as complex as creator wanted it to be shown while not reflecting anything else. I keep using it as a perfect example, but here is an old non bento head by the creator who used to be in the market's lead back then. Pretty sure they even still sell it for over 1k after the recent "price cut".

2129111367_CatwaJessica.png.5911d55a09af

Almost 4m triangles, that's most likely as much as your entire avatar times 4-5, depending on what you're wearing, 43MB VRAM, too. It's impossibly heavy mesh and if you're unlucky to encounter it in the already slow/laggy place, it'll probably show the last, yet it's only 9.2k complexity for the current system. Totally honest and fair. /s

And then I have some unrigged bracelets that are maybe not the most new and well made, but nothing bad about them either. And simply because they don't cheat the system they have 35k complexity for the fraction (40k for two) of triangles/vertices and 9mb VRAM.

LL were developing new calculation system for the complexity, but last news about it are from a couple of years ago, so it's probably put on hold or abandoned.

But yes, it's mostly unrigged stuff that has higher complexity numbers with the current, flexi as already mentioned, too. If you're using Firestorm you can get much better idea how "heavy" nearby avatars are by clicking the world tab on top, then improve graphics speed>avatars nearby.

Edit to add own pet peeve:

People who keep up with the double/triple/quadruple/etc posting for no reason whatsoever. Sometimes it makes sense if the posts are long and each reply is to a different person and/or has nothing to do with another post. But in most cases it's those who just reply with a "funny picture" or 2-3 words who just keep doing it non stop, then instead of actually reading a forum topic it often turns to scrolling through those kind of posts page after page.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

Being around a long time, sadly doesn't mean that people know all basic stuff about SL.

And not only with avatar optimization.
In these times of advanced lighting possibilities there are still a few full bright lovers that have almost everything they rez in that mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

Sometimes it's just about winning.. hehehe

Oh you tink you more complex dan meH!, Beech I'm goin old skewl on U.. Fear mah prim flexi hars and floatin 100 prim necklace an belly chain!! \o/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

and floatin 100 prim necklace an belly chain!! \o/

Which had better glow, or at the very least be full-bright!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

I don't normally judge, but when I saw multiple people in a place that were over 100k+ complexity and they were like... classic avatars that didn't even look that well designed? 

Easy Flexi prims and older hair and jewellery items even shoes and accessories. I have hair that just on its own tips me over 150k and I once bought shoes with spiky details that were over 600-700k alone I don't wear either because of their complexity. These days I can wear 12 jewellery items and have outfits that rarely go above 80k

• Like 3

I tried on some old flexi hair from Iconic today.  Didn't really raise my complexity much more than some new mesh hair.   The trig count was within reason as well.  One newer hair from Steal.... (you know who I mean), raised my complexity about the same as that old flexi but added 400K trigs.  Some old ain't bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can live without Twitter if need be. Other than SL and, I suppose Discord, it's the only social media platform I use, but I'd survive without it.

Which is probably a good thing: Rät has just announced that we can only view 600 posts a day. About what I get through in 5 minutes of quickly scanning and scrolling. Meanwhile, outages are being reported all over Twitter because Musk apparently has refused to pay Google for the server space he's rented from them.

I'd be more peeved than I actually am were it not for the joys of schadenfreude and the fun of watching Idiot's plaything implode.

Fz-ZnUYXwAISXKT?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Meanwhile, outages are being reported all over Twitter because Musk apparently has refused to pay Google for the server space he's rented from them.

Lmao forever.

I saw the complaints about rate limit exceeded early this morning, but didn't understand it since my Twitter was fine. Guess I didn't scroll enough!

I can't see this lasting more than a few days. Advertisers must be thrilled. 😂

Not having a decent replacement for Twitter has been a pretty big peeve. The site's just been terrible over the last few months, but it's unfortunately so easy to follow news there that I force myself to use it. GRRRRR.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lmao forever.

I saw the complaints about rate limit exceeded early this morning, but didn't understand it since my Twitter was fine. Guess I didn't scroll enough!

I can't see this lasting more than a few days. Advertisers must be thrilled. 😂

Not having a decent replacement for Twitter has been a pretty big peeve. The site's just been terrible over the last few months, but it's unfortunately so easy to follow news there that I force myself to use it. GRRRRR.

He's backtracked a bit, and raised the limit for non-premium accounts to 800 per day. Woot!

Twitter is a flaming bin fire right now. He's going to have to roll this back almost completely -- thereby humiliating himself more than he's already done -- if he wants to avert disaster.

And I'm fine with that. The public humiliation part, I mean.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

He's backtracked a bit, and raised the limit for non-premium accounts to 800 per day. Woot!

Twitter is a flaming bin fire right now. He's going to have to roll this back almost completely -- thereby humiliating himself more than he's already done -- if he wants to avert disaster.

And I'm fine with that. The public humiliation part, I mean.

Yup, and I just saw a good point about tweets from National Weather Service being inaccessible. Sure, there are better ways to get critical updates about dangerous weather conditions, but that doesn't change the fact that many people use Twitter for that (and to send personal status messages out), too. 

Just silly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've been pleased with Mastodon. 

I'm not sure if the journalists I follow are on there. I think some went to...I can't even remember the dang name now, and some got early access to Bluesky. They're all spread out, but still post to Twitter, too. Until everyone agrees on a central location, I'm just waiting.

• Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm not sure if the journalists I follow are on there. I think some went to...I can't even remember the dang name now, and some got early access to Bluesky. They're all spread out, but still post to Twitter, too. Until everyone agrees on a central location, I'm just waiting.

Spoutible, maybe?

The problem at the moment is that the alternatives are fragmented, and can't talk to each other, so there's no one obvious place to go as an alternative yet. Bluesky has the best chance, I think, of emerging as the winner, but we'll see.

• Like 1