8 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

My my!  People are certainly in a sensitive kind of mood today! Where might I find the "other thread" that has everyone so riled up? Or has it been closed already?

I had to go looking due to multiple shenanigans! Some of it started in the "Pride In Second Life 2023" thread (which I created as the OP). People make digs in that thread about Pride, Religion, etc. and just hate it when you reply.

Definitely a valid Peeve!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than the others." - George Orwell in Animal Farm.
Damn, Orwell is right again.

Of course, on this forum we all know it's the Moles who are more equal than the pigs, wolves, lions, cats, hamsters or any other animals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than the others." - George Orwell in Animal Farm.
Damn, Orwell is right again.

Thank you, kind sir, for dropping in some much needed levity.  

🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I had to go looking due to multiple shenanigans! Some of it started in the "Pride In Second Life 2023" thread (which I created as the OP). People make digs in that thread about Pride, Religion, etc. and just hate it when you reply.

Definitely a valid Peeve!

You realize that my comment was directed at the other people posting about religion and not aimed at you at all. If you have read the post and didn't have a knee jerk reaction you may have seen that.  It was more in reply to the poster that insinuated all priests must be put in the same stereotypical class that they are all predators not unlike what some members of the LGBTQIA+ community experience. Apparently though "I have issues"

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, Randall Ahren said:

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.

14 hours ago, Han Held said:

There are worse sins -often committed by priests, no less.

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They were gonna put Fear Mongering in that list as well.. But then realized, they couldn't have a list at all if they added that one..

hehehe

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You realize that my comment was directed at the other people posting about religion and not aimed at you at all. If you have read the post and didn't have a knee jerk reaction you may have seen that.  It was more in reply to the poster that insinuated all priests must be put in the same stereotypical class that they are all predators not unlike what some members of the LGBTQIA+ community experience. Apparently though "I have issues".

The poster clearly referred to some, not all, priests. None of the other posts referred to God or a higher power. So unless referring to problematic priests and fear-mongering is the "whatever" that you take issue with, you seem to me to have been the person having a "knee jerk reaction".

Note, I think bringing the subjects of both problematic priests and the 7 Deadly Sins into that thread are off-topic. Even so, a discussion of the problems within any religion is not the same as attacking or mocking someone's belief in God or a higher power. Some people in that thread have slid down some very slippery slopes to end up in a big pile of mud, just perfect for slinging at each other.

Peeve: People taking offense at something that wasn't actually said or done.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gwynchisholm said:

It’s sadly the case for a lot of small communities, where join dates and post counts actually matter. Larger communities that stuff is worthless.

/me looks at popular Steam game discussion boards full of players since beta with 5000000 hours of game time 🤔

2 hours ago, Han Held said:

I"m peeved it took me five minutes to realize this was a different thread than the one @Persephone Emerald quoted me from 🤣

I'm still trying to figure out how to do that on this software. Never had this much trouble with it on any other forum. 🤷‍♀️

Peeve: Invision still messing up more than they fix. I STILL have to scroll to the top of the next page from the very bottom every time regardless of the method I use to get to the next page! They fixed it once, why not again?

Yes, I've cleared cache, history, cookies, etc. in both Chrome and Edge. 

😡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

OKAY .... Enough. This thread is a place to share peeves, not a place to hurl darts. Please return to our regularly scheduled programming.

I already took myself out to adjust my own attitude Dyna.

Do I get the Creep of the Day hat?

Peeve: There isn't such a thing as a Creep of the Day hat.

• Like 1

Cishets trying hard to derail a thread that was meant to be a joyful celebration of various identities of humanity. We get it, you hate them, you prefer they don't exist, and that's why you work hard to get these threads closed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SabrinaCooke said:

Peeve: People who smoke in public with no concern for others around them. 

Concern? What's that?

Then they cough into the open air, no masks, no covering their mouths, no manners, no nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1