1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Are you like Buddha or something?

i-want-it-now.gif

hehehe If they don't answer in a weeks time, it's a good chance I'll just write them off for good and shop elsewhere from then on.  I'm sure there are lots of good reasons they might not answer, but excuses don't get dinner made.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe If they don't answer in a weeks time, it's a good chance I'll just write them off for good and shop elsewhere from then on.  I'm sure there are lots of good reasons they might not answer, but excuses don't get dinner made.

Unbelievable that SL merchants do have a RL that comes first too.
There are rumors that they even have RL jobs and go on an occasional vacation.

But granted a week is about the max to hold ones breath IMHO.
When I go on vacation I normally have a notification in my profile.

• Like 3

Peeve: when the version of FS you're using is about to be disabled. Also that they changed the aspect ratio of profile pictures in the new version!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

That's after everything else has failed. If they don't have a CSR or something in their profile or notices and just take off and leave a business empty to run itself..  They are also running a business that makes real world dollars that takes real peoples money that have jobs to earn that money.. If they want to just  let it do it's own thing and be an irresponsible business owner, they are gonna lose customers.. Because customer service is an important part of a business as well..A lot of times more important.

If they look at customers at the value of how much they are paying for their stuff rather than just a customer, then they might want to reconsider if they should be in a business or just giving it away.  Because what's the difference from what I said and them saying, oh 100Ls isn't 100usd. not much

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: when the version of FS you're using is about to be disabled. Also that they changed the aspect ratio of profile pictures in the new version!

Progress is inevitable Orwar, otherwise we would still be hunting in bearskins with our weapons made out of bones.

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's after everything else has failed. If they don't have a CSR or something in their profile or notices and just take off and leave a business empty to run itself..  They are also running a business that makes real world dollars that takes real peoples money that have jobs to earn that money.. If they want to just  let it do it's own thing and be an irresponsible business owner, they are gonna lose customers.. Because customer service is an important part of a business as well..A lot of times more important.

If they look at customers at the value of how much they are paying for their stuff rather than just a customer, then they might want to reconsider if they should be in a business or just giving it away.  Because what's the difference from what I said and them saying, oh 100Ls isn't 100usd. not much

I always considered (and still do) customer service as the fun part of being a SL merchant.
A lot more fun than the boring listing work for the marketplace.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Progress is inevitable Orwar, otherwise we would still be hunting in bearskins with our weapons made out of bones.

I'm not against progress, just having to open the wepbage, download the latest version and running the installer.

Effort!

Also what's wrong with hunting bears with weapons made from bones? Good clean fun, says I! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I start to assume these days, that:

- Popular creators / merchants use Alts for the actual Merchant account, and aren't always logging in with those unless they feel like it, 

- Popular creators / merchants may have messages "capped" - so your message may be lost (some people put this in their profile)

- A notecard may get a response faster, or at all (some people put this in their profile)

- Support groups are best, so creators / merchants that have groups don't have to actually personally help everyone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

I always considered (and still do) customer service as the fun part of being a SL merchant.

I always check every single avenue to get answers before I bother a creator.. I have a lot of respect for the good ones..

But the moment things smell lazy or hit-N-run or cheap. I'm out like the lights..

I had a thing with a popular hair creator back in I wanna say October.. one of the biggest most popular ones.. nobody could answer my question and just left hanging for two weeks after finally sending in a note card...It was a vendor that was still selling a broken item.. It took almost two weeks for them to send me the item and fix the vendor.. Not a single word from them or anything.. Just an item drop in a blue drop down and on their way.

So, I haven't bought anything from them ever since.. As big as they are and  couldn't get an answer through any channels, let alone answer back for two weeks..  there really wasn't a reason for it especially as big as much business as they are doing.

I just wrote them off as a bit  too big for their britches and haven't been back ever since and never will be.

A lot of times I'll look at them as a creator, but sometimes I just look at them as a business and then gonna treat them as just that, a business.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Of course you do! But that's because you are a Golden Retriever and therefore the ultimate People Person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I start to assume these days, that:

- Popular creators / merchants use Alts for the actual Merchant account, and aren't always logging in with those unless they feel like it, 

- Popular creators / merchants may have messages "capped" - so your message may be lost (some people put this in their profile)

- A notecard may get a response faster, or at all (some people put this in their profile)

- Support groups are best, so creators / merchants that have groups don't have to actually personally help everyone

If they don't use an alt then they have to be insane.. hehehe

I don't know if anyone remembers the Bax Coen boots. We were friends back when she first started up her boots stores... She ask me to do some pictures modeling her boots so she could put them up in her stores..

So  being the little entrepreneur I was at the time, I asked if she could put the club name in the picture that i worked at at the time to maybe get a little more draw in for the club, even though it really didn't need it..

Bad idea.. I can't remember how my name got put on and the club name not getting put in there.. But now people thought I was the owner of all those like 80+ stores..

So rather than hitting her up for customer service, they were hitting me up.. It would have been really bad if the club name and my name was in there.. knowing my name and where i worked, I would have had to make an alt..lol

I did get boots for life though..

Cringe image incoming!! \o/

My friends sent me this when they first made it into the store.. hehehe

7365150864_281d4bc0de_o.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A wise Lion once suggested that eating chocolate may delay a peeve.

And if not, at least you've eaten some chocolate.

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT EVER buy a bag of Brownie M&Ms. 

The damn things are addictive! 😂

40000555421_2.jpg

That's my peeve. I can't stop eating the damned things! 😂

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A week?

I think I'll generally wait two until I get really annoyed, but I'll send a second notecard after one. So, he's got another day before he gets that.

I bought a bus as a Christmas present for a friend last month. It arrived without issue, but he couldn't find the bus itself in package: just a bus stop using a rezzer, a texture HUD, and a pack of textures. So he and I both sent notecards to the creator. It took about a week and a half for her to get back to us, but when she did she was lovely -- apologetic and very nice. I wanted to put up a nice review, but apparently you can't do that if you've gifted something, so I am going to buy one of her cars (they aren't terribly pricey) so that I can leave one there instead.

Turns out, btw, that you have to rez the bus stop, and then touch the sign on that to rez the bus -- a cute but not very practical way of getting the bus, particularly as there were no instructions. But she was sweet, so she gets a nice review anyway.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It took me a moment to realize that you weren't displaying your butt in that poster.

"Now THAT will sell boots!" thought I.

Ya, that was leaning forward towards the camera, not the other way.. from that picture it sometimes does look like that.. lol

That is so old.. I think I might have been  maybe a year in if that. hehehe

Cringes 😖

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, that was leaning forward towards the camera, not the other way.. from that picture it sometimes does look like that.. lol

That made me think of a meme .. Something like "so how many remember their childhood crushes on these video game characters?" and then a picture of .. Well, this. 

Xenia+character+small.jpgc97406_f11baf74359f4f7d80f273f03c4ffc79~

.. And now I got the n64 Goldeneye soundtrack in my head.

Random agent-y noises. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT EVER buy a bag of Brownie M&Ms. 

The damn things are addictive! 😂

40000555421_2.jpg

That's my peeve. I can't stop eating the damned things! 😂

Yeah, I love those things.  My husband is addicted to the caramel ones they came out with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they don't use an alt then they have to be insane.. hehehe

I don't know if anyone remembers the Bax Coen boots. We were friends back when she first started up her boots stores... She ask me to do some pictures modeling her boots so she could put them up in her stores..

So  being the little entrepreneur I was at the time, I asked if she could put the club name in the picture that i worked at at the time to maybe get a little more draw in for the club, even though it really didn't need it..

Bad idea.. I can't remember how my name got put on and the club name not getting put in there.. But now people thought I was the owner of all those like 80+ stores..

So rather than hitting her up for customer service, they were hitting me up.. It would have been really bad if the club name and my name was in there.. knowing my name and where i worked, I would have had to make an alt..lol

I did get boots for life though..

Cringe image incoming!! \o/

My friends sent me this when they first made it into the store.. hehehe

Reminds me of when my alt partnered one of the top creators in SL, just as joke really. It was all well and good until people started sending her customer support request instead of him. Everytime I logged her on, she was flooded with notecards, and her IMs were capped. They quickly broke up. I don't know what leaps of logic people make to decide that someone's partner is the best person to go to for customer support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I don't know what leaps of logic people make to decide that someone's partner is the best person to go to for customer support.

People make some strange assumptions based off simple associations. I know a few creators or have worked with them on a couple things and have had people im’ing me for CSR related stuff or worse assuming I’m the creator’s alt. 

So being a creator’s partner…I can only imagine.