"we" = a resident who was born in one of those 13 colonies?

"we" = a resident who was born in one of the other 37 States that never took part in 1776-1784 and whose State was bought, stolen or ceded from other nations or indigenous peoples?

Your actual true Independence Day is 14th January 1784, when the Treaty of Paris (signed on 3rd September 1783), which officially ended the war and granted official nation status to the US, was ratified into law.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And a prime example of why we declared our independence in 1776.

IKR? I'm just sittin' here making an innocuous comment about socks, followed by a quip to Love about breaking with the Queen (though it was the King then, unless my history fails me yet again... oh dear) and... and... wait... wut?

Apparently our whole darn country got it wrong and has been shooting off fireworks and getting drunk on the wrong darn day. Doh! I hate when that happens. :(

But yeah, stepping away from this crazy one. Time for WINE!
image.png.b957676ce076ef0a2c05d61d9876637b.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

And yet there is no escaping us.

*sips tea whilst looking at her crumpet...or would if she liked tea or crumpets*

I'm like, the worst Brit ever.

My tea comes in a bag and I've never eaten a crumpet in my life.  I did have a scone once.  😝

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

They deported me cos of the whole "not liking tea" thing 😐

Now I must spend an inordinate amount of time looking for extra U's in your typing and not mentioning fanny packs and stuff. Oh, fuss and bother. And I never quite get the right usage of taking (giving? playing in?) the piss. I dunno, I may have to post a clown picture now.

I adore crumpets (and scones) but with good, West Coast (USA) coffee please.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm - I got it right away.  Not sure what that says about my sense of humor or the places my mind goes.

I think it taking me an hour speaks more on my cognitive functions than on your sense of humor, which apparently is intact. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Peeve:

People who can't tell the difference between a cup, mug, glass, beaker, or pot and call them all "cups".

I always tell people I've had a cup of Earl Grey tea, because somehow it would be wrong if they thought I was drinking Earl Grey tea out of a mug with a rude slogan on it. :D 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

You have to be a little more specific... There's LOTS of buzzes in SL. Are we talking "buzzed on booze"? "buzzed on weed"? or "toys that buzz"? Different people will want to kill different ones....

Referring mostly to the generic meaning of the word...a person that has a depressing or dispiriting effect.   You know the ones who just make your eyes roll when they post and a collective groan can be heard through the forums.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Referring mostly to the generic meaning of the word...a person that has a depressing or dispiriting effect.   You know the ones who just make your eyes roll when they post and a collective groan can be heard through the forums.

Ah yes.. the ones who only a moderator preserves from a "monty python bequest" (and if you get that you're probably as old as I am)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Ah yes.. the ones who only a moderator preserves from a "monty python bequest" (and if you get that you're probably as old as I am)

My sister was the big Monty Python fan although I've been known to through out a quote or two when appropriate...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My sister was the big Monty Python fan although I've been known to through out a quote or two when appropriate...

I have that clip downloaded on my phone.  I used to use it as my alarm for taking my meds but it got too annoying.  Now I have the theme from the pink panther movie.

• Like 2