It just happened again!

When you've been out collecting items .. freebies, event items, a few lucky board wins and everything is nicely listed in your 'Recent' view. 

Then .. poof! .. session ends abruptly, for whatever reason.

Where are all my items? .. They're in that 60k+ inventory somewhere.
Can you remember what they were all called so you can search them out? .. No.

13 minutes ago, CandyCole said:

It just happened again!

When you've been out collecting items .. freebies, event items, a few lucky board wins and everything is nicely listed in your 'Recent' view. 

Easy fix.

Open your Inventory to the Recent tab. On the upper right you'll see a "Customize" drop down box that lets you check different categories of items (on Firestorm at least). At the bottom of that drop down box list is an option to choose your time limit for what "Recent" is. Pick 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, whatever helps you find what you're looking for. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Open your Inventory to the Recent tab. On the upper right you'll see a "Customize" drop down box that lets you check different categories of items (on Firestorm at least). At the bottom of that drop down box list is an option to choose your time limit for what "Recent" is. Pick 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, whatever helps you find what you're looking for. 

It seems my world will be one 'pet peeve' less than it used to be.

A decade+ in SL and I continue to learn new things. I will give this a try next logon.

Thank you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CandyCole said:

It just happened again!

Or set your inventory to show most recent items first after system folders 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Well, this time being peeved at her stubbornness worked out.  I found a very small mammary mass that I never would have seen if she hadn't been so stubborn.  I removed it yesterday.  Yup, malignant. 

Sometimes a peeve is a blessing.  She's still a stubborn and crotchety old lady.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery!❤️🩹 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pet Peeve - it took longer than it should have to figure out the new Belleza Jake body.  (Bought today, I had an older model.)

The main issue was, I was wearing a "legacy skin".  Had to wear one of "their" skins, since there is no way to "take off" the skin!

Anyway, it seems sorted for now and I can start building an outfit.

All this just so I can wear my custom legacy tattoos.  Progress, however incremental, is still progress!

The point that I got lost on was related to this:  the "legacy skin" icon is different than the "modern skin" icon in Inventory.  Not knowing the difference, and that one replaced the other, caused confuse-a-cat. ("Wear this, not That!")

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have a 19 year old dachshund.  Ancient.  She is stubborn.  She toddles around the house perfectly content in her slow decline.  But, she is stubborn. I took her to work with me for her 6 month senior lab work.  She refused to urinate.  She is just that stubborn.  After 8 hours she still refused to go... so flip her on her back for a cysto.  Dang stubborn old lady!  

Well, this time being peeved at her stubbornness worked out.  I found a very small mammary mass that I never would have seen if she hadn't been so stubborn.  I removed it yesterday.  Yup, malignant. 

Sometimes a peeve is a blessing.  She's still a stubborn and crotchety old lady.

My girl Husky is named Cinnamon, by coinkydink.  Thanks for being an awesome vet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More pet pet peeves  ?

RAMDOM CAT BARF

Breakfast in .. Happy Cat .. Sneaks into the bedroom and starts retching .. Wakes my SO up in a adrenalin fueled panic to stop her pukin on something important .. Sad cat in cat jail .. Frazzled SO and a huge mess

No hairballs or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We can form a club! I've got extra group slots!

Thank you, no. Drama belongs on my tv, not in my RL or my SL. I'll watch but I'm not going to participate. I always walk away as soon as I realize I've been sucked in. It's never been my cuppa.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

More pet pet peeves  ?

RAMDOM CAT BARF

Breakfast in .. Happy Cat .. Sneaks into the bedroom and starts retching .. Wakes my SO up in a adrenalin fueled panic to stop her pukin on something important .. Sad cat in cat jail .. Frazzled SO and a huge mess

No hairballs or anything. 

If it's mostly (if not all) solid food, it's for attention. Mine does the same thing. He'll gorge on food then tank up on water and a few minutes later he is in the perfect position to ensure you won't see it before you step in it since the floor is oak and the colors blend a little too well. 

If it was an accident, he comes and tells us it happened. If he doesn't try to get our attention to clean it up, it's on purpose. He's not stupid but neither are we. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, the sound of the retching can cause panic as you wonder what the cat is about to puke up and where are they doing it.

The worst is when it's 3:00 a.m., the cat is somewhere on the bed, in the dark, and your half-awake brain knows what's happening but your half-asleep body can do nothing about it.  I do miss my cat, but not that much.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Every now and then one of my cats does the 'gorge on dry food & then barf it all up' thing.  Yes, the sound of the retching can cause panic as you wonder what the cat is about to puke up and where are they doing it.

Ugh

Then they sit back and laugh while they watch the silly humans' reactions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

If it's mostly (if not all) solid food, it's for attention. Mine does the same thing. He'll gorge on food then tank up on water and a few minutes later he is in the perfect position to ensure you won't see it before you step in it since the floor is oak and the colors blend a little too well. 

If it was an accident, he comes and tells us it happened. If he doesn't try to get our attention to clean it up, it's on purpose. He's not stupid but neither are we. lol

There's a famous artist/writer who drew stories about one of her dogs that barfs then apparently thinks, "Wow! I made food!" eats it, and the cycle repeats. Allie Brosh. I miss her books, but she takes long breaks in-between.

• Like 1