2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Mine doesn't.

But if you're minimized, how can you know? I bet Neph is doing silly dances all around the skybox when I'm not looking, probably whilst stuffing things onto her wishlist. Alts are evil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But if you're minimized, how can you know? I bet Neph is doing silly dances all around the skybox when I'm not looking, probably whilst stuffing things onto her wishlist. Alts are evil!

Wait who is doing silly dances? I wanna join xD

I thought there was a choice in prefs somewhere.  It seems to me that I turned off that dead doll look back in 2009, and it never came back after who knows how many viewer changes and upgrades since then.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I thought there was a choice in prefs somewhere.  It seems to me that I turned off that dead doll look back in 2009, and it never came back after who knows how many viewer changes and upgrades since then.

I saw an option to sit on AFK in there, which I had off. And some other options for the length of time before setting AFK. I've had all that stuff turned off forever so I'm not even sure what sit on AFK looks like.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

It's under General >> Away timeout >> never

I keep the option on because this AFK attachment cracks me up:

afk_001.thumb.png.99ed8bb434b569eadddfd3c90bd9266f.png

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Thank you! Hooowww did I not know this? That's what I get for keeping that feature off! *runs off to looksie*

You don't even have to turn that setting on -- it controls when the system automatically sets you to Away.    In Firestorm, you can leave the setting off and then just add an AFK attachment and click the Comm menu, then Online Status, and then Away.  That will invoke the AFK item.  Other viewers might also have a way to manually invoke the Away status.

There are also other AFK things that you can wear that don't actually interface with the Away status, but they are a way for you to show that you are AFK.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You don't even have to turn that setting on -- it controls when the system automatically sets you to Away.    In Firestorm, you can leave the setting off and then just add an AFK attachment and click the Comm menu, then Online Status, and then Away.  That will invoke the AFK item.  Other viewers might also have a way to manually invoke the Away status.

There are also other AFK things that you can wear that don't actually interface with the Away status, but they are a way for you to show that you are AFK.

That's awesome! It's good I don't need to mess with my settings, too. Makes it easier.

6 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I got this afk pillow from CuteCvlt.

Thank you! ❤️

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Orwar said:

Have you checked her cart lately? One of mine keeps loading hers up to the max. I bet she thinks I'm going to pay for it all! Ha! I've got her fooled! I'm not the main! *maniacal laughter* 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

my biggest pet peeve is Access just opened and it's not that I can't get in. It's the fact that you will have people with lower end computers want to get in on the hype and get in right away. But their loading times are slow af. So ultimately they go and do stuff RL and wait for it to load. But ultimately it just fills up the sim, when you have like 3 or 4 people camping and getting stuff done RL. At the sim for 8 hours plus. I don't get why they don't go when the hype goes down. Allow people to get in and get out, stop taking up space as you have a lower end PC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Better that, than charging you for a pass, which is also within their rights.

Besides, if you don't like the experience, you are free to disable it.

If you do disable it, aren't you then auto ejected from the region?

I suspect that Lindal meant you can always leave the Experience later if you want to.  Will you get auto-ejected if you leave the Experience while you're there? My guess is that you probably won't, although that's possible. It's more likely that you simply won't be able to do a lot of things that are scripted to work in the Experience -- like play certain games, sit or ride or objects, use vendors, open doors, use teleportals. An Experience gives scripters ways to personalize many functions by, for example, storing game scores in KVP or temporarily attaching HUDs or other tools that are used on the region.  Some of those things can be done without an Experience but many cannot (or are much clumsier).  So, you have a choice whether to enter the region and participate the way that the owner intended visitors to.  If you change your mind after going in, I suspect that you'll be disappointed but that's your choice too.

• Like 1