8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

NEW PEEVE!!!!

So I just logged in after a couple of days off and my skypad neighbours have added an eye sore of a privacy mountain range thingie to hide their silly little log cabin where they shag from my innocent virgin eyes!

AS IF I would wanna see that happening!  Thank goodness for derender and show friends only!!!

Snapshot_004.png

Can you move your skypad above or below that eyesore?

• Like 1

I'm having a negative people day, so bear with me.  This is just a random vent.

Peeves:

People who assume negative intent instantly without ever questioning it.

People who say (and may even believe) that respect has to be earned rather than extending common respect to others unless there is a reason to have lost it.

People who do not give grace to other fellow humans, but expect it to be given to them.

Dang it!  People are my peeve today.

*grumble grumble*

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Can you move your skypad above or below that eyesore?

Nope.  Its just an el cheapo platform rental place where I can just stand around looking pretty and rez stuff, and I don't log in that much these days, so I can suffer through it.  It builds character after all!

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

...for goodness sake, have your (peeves) spayed and neutered.

What, and deprive them of a completely natural function?? Just think, where would the world be without peeves breeding more cute little baby peeves? Peeves could become an endangered species. Or overbred, like English Bullpeeves and German Shepeeves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I don't know how to word this, but I will try my best. Some stores need to fix a few things, as I have a pretty beefy computer, and walking through the store is a nightmare cause of lag. 

Beefy computers don't help much in SL generally. The reason many stores lag are the high amount of textures and meshes for the individual colour vendors, especially since it's so common these days that each colour is represented by a 2D cut-out of the product with its unique texture for each colour. Usually in the highest texture resolution possible, 'cause 'quality'. 

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Beefy computers don't help much in SL generally. The reason many stores lag are the high amount of textures and meshes for the individual colour vendors, especially since it's so common these days that each colour is represented by a 2D cut-out of the product with its unique texture for each colour. Usually in the highest texture resolution possible, 'cause 'quality'. 

It's honestly a pain in the buttocks and well makes me groan when I have to there and shop. 

18 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What, and deprive them of a completely natural function?? Just think, where would the world be without peeves breeding more cute little baby peeves? Peeves could become an endangered species. Or overbred, like English Bullpeeves and German Shepeeves.

I think we are suffering from inbred peeves.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve is about ME:   Letting myself get sucked in to conversations that are nothing but debates based on personal views when I have made a vow to avoid all such discussions.

I know that feeling. But as I get older, I have learned not to fall for that trap. I will say my piece and if it turns into a debate. I will do my best to avoid it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  People who think their opinion is gold without studying.

That is why it is called an opinion, it isn't fact whatsoever. I mean everyone has differing opinions, and as humans it is natural for us to have some sort of civil discourse. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  People who say others have only "personal views" when their views are based on a multitude of books written by reputable scholars.

For most of the topics debated in these forums, there are reputable scholars on both sides.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For most of the topics debated in these forums, there are reputable scholars on both sides. 

You might try reading some...on either side.

But I understand...it seems your job is time-consuming and sometimes exhausting, you've said.

More often than not though you simply state your opinion without presenting a good link or anything to back it up...that makes it hard to discuss a topic.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And chareletons, and people who simply like to hear themselves talk. It's hard to imagine that either side of any important debate has only fine,  upstanding scholars on the team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

And chareletons, and people who simply like to hear themselves talk. It's hard to imagine that either side of any important debate has only fine,  upstanding scholars on the team. 

So true...that's why I research and see what others have said about them, but even then you can be fooled.

Like...weapons of mass destruction...

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

More often than not though you simply state your opinion without presenting a good link or anything to back it up...that makes it hard to discuss a topic.

Do you not realize that opinions do not need a link to back them up?  Many people's opinions about various things are simply based on how they were raised, or how their religion views things, or how someone they idolize views things, etc.....

Links are really only needed if someone is truly trying to convince someone else to come over to their viewpoint. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you not realize that opinions do not need a link to back them up?  Many people's opinions about various things are simply based on how they were raised, or how their religion views things, or how someone they idolize views things, etc.....

Links are really only needed if someone is truly trying to convince someone else to come over to their viewpoint. 

Citing sources is only required when one acts as if their opinion is a fact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well yes, and that's fine, but you never said that.  We began debating an issue -- what rights should undocumented immigrants have in the US basically, their children born here specifically.  To arrive at an answer we needed more than what we both brought to the table initially.  I actually knew little about it, and it was fun to check it out a bit.

And no...I was not trying to force you into anything...I was debating...I was open to how you might change the viewpoint I began leaning toward as much as I was presenting my evidence.