At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did you know, using phrases like this means: "people who disagree with what I just said are bad"? 

No. It just means I try to be among the good people. 

I failed many times. Still keep trying. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Again : you do not know my political stance just because I disagree with the hysteria presented. 

Stop creating enemies where there are none. That is all I am asking of you. 

If you wanna take action towards the merchant,  you can use your right of review on the marketplace itself, but don' t make this hysterical stinking pointing finger against other forumites who not immediately agree with you. 

Try making a point that isn't a whatabout and maybe we can have a more meaningful discussion. Otherwise, it's absolutely anyone's right to express how they feel about what has been demonstrated in this thread.

Me personally, I'm not going to picket outside the guys shop or anything or bring them up in a conversation or whatever. But I certainly won't go out of my way to buy their things. However, if for whatever reason I need tactical gear for a picture or outfit I am putting together, I would probably still buy from them since quite frankly they make the best looking tactical gear and I just want to take a picture.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Thank you for the confirmation.

Plonk.

I bet some of those who disagree, REALLY like Hawaiian shirts. 
Those poor, ugly Hawaiian shirts, caught up in all this. And, they did nuthin' wrong except be hideous. 

People are so easily offended these days, I bet if a marketplace ad for Hawaiian shirts simply said, "Absolutely NOT to be purchased or worn by Morons", people would take offense. 

• Like 1

Sometimes, I incorrectly think people are disagreeing with me, but they're really just using words and logic differently than I do. This is another example of when I use the excuse of being "comprehension-challenged". I'm not stupid, obtuse, argumentative - I'm just unable to comprehend what was said. I don't think there's always a solution for that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I bet some of those who disagree, REALLY like Hawaiian shirts. 
Those poor, ugly Hawaiian shirts, caught up in all this. And, they did nuthin' wrong except be hideous. 

People are so easily offended these days, I bet if a marketplace ad for Hawaiian shirts simply said, "Absolutely NOT to be purchased or worn by Morons", people would take offense. 

I like Hawai'ian shirts. I have several. But if I'd turned up on parade wearing one with my "battle rattle" my platoon sergeant would have given me the hairy eyeball from Hell and my Captain would have rendered me down for lubricant right there in front of the barracks!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

I like Hawai'ian shirts. I have several. But if I'd turned up on parade wearing one with my "battle rattle" my platoon sergeant would have given me the hairy eyeball from Hell and my Captain would have rendered me down for lubricant right there in front of the barracks!

Dunno why I keep being reminded of the movie "Pineapple Express" since I've not seen it. Perhaps since pineapples come from Hawaii and it's a farce. 

49 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

of note- the highland park shooter, robert crimo featured the Finnish far right group Suomen Sisu‘s symbol in his videos & social media:  https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert-bobby-crimo-person-of-interest-in-highland-park-parade-massacre-is-rapper-with-creepy-videos

..aren't most of the mass murderers "far right"?

Weird Al made these shirts a big part of his image for many years, I say we all do what's right and call out anyone who wears them without the glasses and long, wavy hair for being posers.

I honestly think people should be allowed to wear whatever they want. If it flags them as a member of some unwholesome group of individuals, all the better, it's best when you can see them coming a mile off.

I just feel bad for anyone who dresses like that because it looks good on them, and doesn't realize it's got connotations of the sort. Back in the 80's, everyone wore stuff like plastic yellow belts with spikes, and looking back, it blows my mind how many people I went to school with who would probably be shiocked if they looked back at themselves today. As children, they wore things to school that people only wear to leather bars now. Or wear to the mall in SL.

One thing I havent seen anyone mention is how favored this style of shirt has always been with undercover police, because it's easier to conceal a pistol at your waist with an untucked shirt. Miami Vice, anyone?

I do wonder why they would want to dress like Pacific Islanders in the 50's, though. perhaps Hawai'ians have been discovered to be the true master race, after all.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Here in the forums it' s more like

shoulder-pads-pin.png.eb2e351f4cfbe195afa3cadd2883f7ca.png

Is THAT why I get so much respect IRL compared to in SL? Hmmmmm.

*maxes out the shoulder sliders on her kid avi*

Now I shall DOMINATE ALL WORLDS~! \o/

Eh, who am I kidding, I slouch IRL too.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Aint slander to point out a fact, (that you WERE making excuses - either for putting this stuff out there or for LEAVING it out there) and drawing inferences from it.

You've denied those inferences and instead of saying "oops" done the whole "wahwahwah I'm being persecuted/slandered/whatever" thing. I'm afraid that's not helping your position. You see, that's exactly the tactic these groups and their enablers use. Don't say it directly, use the "dog whistles" and then accuse anyone who calls them out on it of bias against them.

You're projecting your "wahwahwah" into people that have NO OBLIGATION to know any of those things. There is absolutely no facts or logic in jumping to a conclusion that if a person doesn't know about a subject, that they are lying about it and just being subtle (without context atleast).

Since you deny knowledge of them, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you might want to be a little careful about overdefensiveness when you step into an area where you don't know where the social mines are?

If you are giving the benefit of the doubt, then why are you accusing people of doing the subtle thing to begin with it? There are people in this thread that already admitted that they didn't knew about this group until they saw this thread (Like myself). So what is your proof that all of those people are actually just being subtle? And no, "Because those kinds of groups do that" is not a valid argument, or you have actually context to proof that those persons are actually acting maliciously or this argument is pointless.

And knowledge of them didnt require ANY "study" on my part, I assure you.

That's the keyword. YOUR part. It's not because you went through something that everyone else did also.

I don't know what have you been through, and you have my condolences, but shaming or accusing people of being racist that aren't aware of this is not the way.

Edited by IGarrett
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not even going to respond on this comparission, but how dare you.

The comparison is valid. 
You don’t have to care about threats to human & civil rights in other countries. 

I made the comparison because minorities in my country are quickly losing the footholds made in liberties denied to them just decades ago while subversive militants parade about threatening these very minorities my government is abandoning.  
& seeing those very things worn by those militants offered for sale in SL as if it were innocuous cosplay, I do dare. 
When there are vocalizations to “round up” lgbtq+ and drag queens at pride events.  Then yes, I do dare.  
I’m very afraid for the safety of my loved ones. 
It’s super that you are so unaffected by what’s going on on the other side of the world that my post serves only to annoy you.  If I offended you by bringing up Nazi death camps while discussing these threats then maybe you should care about what goes on outside your bubble.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Well that’s a point that makes itself, I’d say.

Hold your horses, before anybody presents a list of the number of casualties caused by (extreme) leftist regimes, past and current.

It' s not a very good point eventhough made in your favour. 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Hold your horses, before anybody presents a list of the number of casualties caused by (extreme) leftist regimes, past and current.

It' s not a very good point eventhough made in your favour. 

What am I missing?  I don’t understand your response at all.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

What am I missing?  I don’t understand your response at all.

The point, 'mass murderers are mostly represented by extreme right wingers' , is weak : mass murderers are not necessarily on the far right. Point in case : Josef Stalin.

I think the point is trying to convey is that statistically those who commit mass shootings have an affilliation to the right. I actually do not know the statistics on that. 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

The point, 'mass murderers are mostly represented by extreme right wingers' , is weak : mass murderers are not necessarily on the far right. Point in case : Josef Stalin.

I think the point is trying to convey is that statistically those who commit mass shootings have an affilliation to the right. I actually do not know the statistics on that. 

I’m sure there are liberal, conservative & unregistered to vote mass shooters-murderers (I know there are: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I’m sure there are liberal, conservative & unregistered to vote mass shooters-murderers (I know there are: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/).

Actually .. the conclusion of your link says this

Our ruling

There’s no proof to support that claim. The political affiliation of most of the mass shooters we looked at was either unreported or never verified. Experts said these events are rarely motivated by politics to begin with.

• Like 2

Yeah, Fascism, Nazism, and soviet Communism were all leftist movements. We shouldn't ignore facts. Heck, Soviet Communism saw itself as the world's leader in positive social change.

That said, hate sucks. Murder sucks. Being unkind sucks, and it doesn't matter who is doing it. I can't even hate people I don't like anymore, really. I just wish people weren't so cruel and stupid.

Even the nicest people I know will say they hate someone somewhere and wish they were dead. Nobody should ever, ever hate someone so much they wish they were dead. I would hope people would be the kind of good that wants others to be good, to learn and grow in love and respect, rather than adopting attitudes of hatred or violence even against those who act like monsters.

If someone just absolutely cannot play nice, put them by themselves somewhere so they can't do anything to anyone else, but for the love of life, don't become the same way. If you can't educate them, avoid them. If you can't reach them, distance yourself. But if you take the negative approach, you're right where the nasty folk want you to be, no better than them, and then they can always find someone somewhere to agree with them that yup, those people over there are the bad ones, and not them.

Sorry, I haven't much of a filter, and I spew this stuff sometimes. It's not aimed at or against anyone, its just how I felt and it had to come forth.

Prolly just my Au-tizzm.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.