So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

People need to math better $249 divided by 12 is 20.75 not 25, not $30. It would not make sense to pay for this monthly, unless you don't plan to keep it

People may not have the entire amount all at one time but can budget in a monthly payment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I wish everyone would stop saying that they are going to raise the price of regular premium.  They haven't said that.  They've only raised it once in the time I've been here, since 2009, and that wasn't that long ago, so I don't see why everyone is so sure they are going to do it again.

Jokes on EVERYONE!

LL priced Premium Plus specifically just to make people buy a second Premium account instead.

GENIUS! 🤑💸💰

Wether or not they increase the price of Premium afterwards, though...

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

On 6/21/2022 at 12:45 AM, Mollymews said:

it seems to me that the package is more oriented toward the business/creative person and less toward the consumer person. And as such I think it will work out cost-effective for the people it is oriented toward

Which in turn will make the lab even more money since they also make a ton from creators cashing out etc, it'd make sense for them to gear a plus package to the group of users who will make them the most amount of money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:04 AM, Ziedae said:

One of the concerning things is converting the Euro to the dollar and then paying the yearly fee. One year the dollar may be good but we are currently preparing for a recession. So those who would be faced with this would end up paying more than the $249 plus the fees associated with the transaction.

This kinda makes no sense, even without upgrading and staying standard premium you still run that risk with an annual subscription.

Though I do wish the Lab would give localised set prices like most companies on the net, instead of leaving folks who don't us USD to guess how much their monthly bill will be and paying whatever exchange rate they decide to use on that particular day (I've seen my bill rise and fall by as much as a pound due to exchange rates etc).

• Thanks 1

My best RL friend is premium too and we both plan to upgrade to plus, but she asked me about the 3000L that you can get.

Is it for people that were never premium before ( I don't think those people are even attracted by Premium Plus XD) or for normal premium users that are upgrading too? 🤔 We couldn't find an answer to that.

I apologize asking in her name but she is only speaking japanese x3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

My best RL friend is premium too and we both plan to upgrade to plus, but she asked me about the 3000L that you can get.

Is it for people that were never premium before ( I don't think those people are even attracted by Premium Plus XD) or for normal premium users that are upgrading too? 🤔 We couldn't find an answer to that.

I apologize asking in her name but she is only speaking japanese x3

stay normal premium and buy one time 3000L$ saves a lot of money... 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I like to make my decisions for myself, thank you 😊

i'm not saying you háve to do something, it's just a reply to a post you made.
3000 bonus is a perk that's only worth 12 bucks .. to trick people in a longer subscription while it does hardly cover 2 weeks of the product.
If people got offered 12 dollars rebate on a pair of jeans of 249 dollars most would walk around it.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

The sign up bonus is typical for new premium subscriptions.

So till we have the details I am not expecting this to apply to people upgrading to PP from any other kind of P account, or if they have had P before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'm not saying you háve to do something, it's just a reply to a post you made.
3000 bonus is a perk that's only worth 12 bucks .. to trick people in a longer subscription while it does hardly cover 2 weeks of the product.
If people got offered 12 dollars rebate on a pair of jeans of 249 dollars most would walk around it.

Thanks again but I am not new to planet earth.

I know how capitalism works XD 

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

So till we have the details I am not expecting this to apply to people upgrading to PP from any other kind of P account, or if they have had P before.

Yeah that was my personal expectation too. 🤔 But when they stick to the release plan for once than we shouuuld see today what premium plus really is xD

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I wonder what you all said?

I like it, I don't like it, I'm thinking about it, No F**king way,

covered it

Given the general reactions here, I do think the 3000 $L signup bonus will apply to everyone, including Premium members.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Suddenly I feel a need to P.

• Haha 2

I just read about 3 pages of posts to catch up with what I had missed since my last reading. I love it that a lot of people have opinions on this and are expressing them here. For the most part, I really enjoy hearing from everyone.

But there is one thing that made me uncomfortable.  A few posts made fun of the Lindens and/or ascribed evil motives to them.

I think it is one thing to say, "this product offer is bad" but it is quite another to attack the character of the people making the offer. I think that, despite the occasional mistakes, the Linden leadership are good people who want to do good for SL and for each of us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I just read about 3 pages of posts to catch up with what I had missed since my last reading. I love it that a lot of people have opinions on this and are expressing them here. For the most part, I really enjoy hearing from everyone.

But there is one thing that made me uncomfortable.  A few posts made fun of the Lindens and/or ascribed evil motives to them.

I think it is one thing to say, "this product offer is bad" but it is quite another to attack the character of the people making the offer. I think that, despite the occasional mistakes, the Linden leadership are good people who want to do good for SL and for each of us.

I would agree with this, the Lindens and Moles work hard to bring us what we want

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

Now I am wondering what time it comes out!

Not sure yet if I'll go for it or not

I'd at least like the blog post to be out now

Sadly the USA lags WAY behind most of the rest of the world in time zones. LL HQ is in San Francisco. I live in the SF Bay area, and it is not even 6 AM here yet...way before the start of the work day. I am guessing the stuff will be out by the Meet the Lindens at 2, maybe even earlier. But for some of you who live in .. idk.. Asia or Australia, etc, that is probably already the 24th.

• Like 1

Nah.

The only benefit that is useful to me is 2048m of land; I can get the same by making an alt premium for $99 instead of upgrading mine for $149. 

They should have priced it at just below the cost of 2 regular Premiums, i;e $195 or 199, I would have accepted it for that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.