Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I had that problem once in a stilt sim with the pole that holds the menu scripts.
It solved itself with a relog then.

Sorry I'm just responding, had to do some computer clean up bleh.  Yes that happened to me with a Stilt.  Funny, when I tp'd back to my Sakura a mole was there fixing my mailbox and now I can see it.  Thank you Squeaky Mole. :) 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

So to rezz a boat I will have to do  so from those areas, correct? 

No. You can only rez on your own land or on rez zones. I haven't explored the waterways yet, but I bet many of them connect to the bay at Kodokuna Josei. From there you can sail south to the Stilt Homes. I expect the Moles will put water rez zones on the coast, but the coastline is unfinished at this time. I'm sure Stranger Tides does have water rez zones, though.

Water Rez Zone at Shobu:

1703556039_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_012.thumb.jpg.1725a548db2662f3d2397df2b565030d.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add SLUR
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No. You can only rez on your own land or on rez zones. I haven't explored the waterways yet, but I bet many of them connect to the bay at Kodokuna Josei. From there you can sail south to the Stilt Homes. I expect the Moles will put water rez zones on the coast, but the coastline is unfinished at this time. I'm sure Stranger Tides does have water rez zones, though.

Ahhhh ok!  I am right next to the water so that's perfect. Thank you. :)

• Like 2

Didn't Abnor say earlier that every region in Sakura (that is, the ones that are already built) has both a water and a land rez zone?  I do see a lot of them around.  I think they were able to do this because they limited the LI that a rez zone can hold to be lower in Sakura - 109 vs 234 in the rest of Belli.

Sakura is beautiful, but I think that for this theme I will have to relax my criteria for the number of homes in a region.  I think the lowest number I've seen so far is 23.  I'm sure that the Sojisan recreational regions have something to do with it; I find it really spectacular that Sojisan is clearly visible from so many residential regions.  I believe it is 91M high, and on the peak it is snowing and there is snow blowing off of bumps ... let's call them moguls and hope a ski run shows up!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We do! The water passage is from North to South through Shobu, Kodokuna Josei, Jolly Serpent, Mehaden, and Stranger Tides.

I was flying over it in my balloon ,from what I could see there are a couple straight canal like waterways and a lot of what looks like creeks and streams and ponds  running all over

• Like 3

Visually speaking, I think Shobu is the most elaborate community region to date.  The building is extensive and beautiful, but to me the real star of this show is the landscaping.  The gardens somehow contrive to be both informal and painstakingly designed.    Everyplace one looks seems to be a terrific subject for a photo drenched in color.

The gardens have a plethora of paths, but there are also coracles if you wish to explore via water.  Be sure to turn on sound.

I would love to have a home near Shobu, but I think they will go very quickly, and I have appointments for much of tomorrow.   So it goes, at least I can visit :)

1037894772_sakurashobu_001.thumb.jpg.c120c815738bba084a011553cd02ee7a.jpg

The southern entrance is seemingly out-of-the-way, but a lovely place to start.

1005115239_sakurashobu_002.thumb.jpg.e777303faf6bd157a2adcd783f7dd0ba.jpg

• Like 7

Rant

So once again I am stuck with the question, why?!!!  Every parcel I have gotten the homes are facing AWAY from the view which is the WATER, the trees, flowers, etc!  Please someone explain to me why anyone would want to relax outside (patio) and look at their neighbors house??? Some of the homes have sliding doors that would be great for outdoor sitting but to look at a view. The house next door is not a view.   Please use all the word salad at your disposal, but explain how that makes sense!  It was the same issue with the Stilt, Houseboats, Newbrooke.  I literally just tossed a super pretty parcel that had the most amazing water feature and foliage at the back of the house and NONE of the houses were able to face the water, but I can look at my neighbors house! 😡  With the Campers you could at least rotate the camper, which shocked me! It made me think, why can't we have this option with the other homes???  I just need some critical thinking, I'm sorry.  I wanted to have a LL home but this kinda stuff just makes me think, is it worth it?? Clearly this is a "thing" and I don't get it.  I don't get the rational nor do I understand why we can't have the same option as with the Campers so we can have those sliding doors open up and see nature and not the wall of the house next door.  I am frustrated.  I was excited but that is dead. It makes me question keeping my premium or even upgrading. Rant over.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Rant

So once again I am stuck with the question, why?!!!  Every parcel I have gotten the homes are facing AWAY from the view which is the WATER, the trees, flowers, etc!  Please someone explain to me why anyone would want to relax outside (patio) and look at their neighbors house??? Some of the homes have sliding doors that would be great for outdoor sitting but to look at a view. The house next door is not a view.   Please use all the word salad at your disposal, but explain how that makes sense!  It was the same issue with the Stilt, Houseboats, Newbrooke.  I literally just tossed a super pretty parcel that had the most amazing water feature and foliage at the back of the house and NONE of the houses were able to face the water, but I can look at my neighbors house! 😡  With the Campers you could at least rotate the camper, which shocked me! It made me think, why can't we have this option with the other homes???  I just need some critical thinking, I'm sorry.  I wanted to have a LL home but this kinda stuff just makes me think, is it worth it?? Clearly this is a "thing" and I don't get it.  I don't get the rational nor do I understand why we can't have the same option as with the Campers so we can have those sliding doors open up and see nature and not the wall of the house next door.  I am frustrated.  I was excited but that is dead. It makes me question keeping my premium or even upgrading. Rant over.  

I understand your feelings, i myself ended settled in a very beautiful parcel but with a row of 512 neighbours on what could have been the best side for many house models. I might continue the Game rolling for the few perfect side protected & view or even the  chance that house rotation is included in the future, but i understand that from the urbanistic point of view not all desired rotations can be without impacting weirdly on the neighbourghood.

For the moment i chose the Shion model for the best view back yard, made a more imaginative use of the indoor garden, planted several strategic sakura on laterals and corners to improve myself and neighbours' privacy and i'm ready to derez any deco that disturbs my peace (i've derezed literally full houses with all objects inside before lol).

And i cant wait to continue decorating more today💕!!

Edited by OkinamiTomoe
Correcting
  • Like 5

I did not have a lot of time to exploring yesterday (being in the other side of the pond that was already night for me).

But it seems to be more packed with houses than other themes, it doesn't bother me, I hardly see anyone in other themes and at the same time there is a very peaceful feeling about the place.

As I said I'm in a 512 ATM and yes, we are really close to neighbours, but I only have them in one side. I'll roll for a bigger plot later, if there are any available :).  

BTW, my first time with an alt at a LH, no problems rezzing and so on since I set land to group, but the house controller (the one that let us change the house ) can only be operated by the owner right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

BTW, my first time with an alt at a LH, no problems rezzing and so on since I set land to group, but the house controller (the one that let us change the house ) can only be operated by the owner right?

You can add someone to the house controller. ;)

To change the actual house.. ehm.. i don't think so.. but i can be wrong :p

Edited by LillyElizaRain
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Water Rez Zone at Shobu:

1703556039_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_012.thumb.jpg.1725a548db2662f3d2397df2b565030d.jpg

I made the trek in one of the little boats available in Shobu and discovered that Stranger Tides is all on-water stilts. The nearest public rez zones are in Bon Vivant and Shell Cove (?). I’ m sure someone will correct me. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JERK!!! uh what a horrible region name

I actually activated two temporary premium alts to try and get a "dream" location on Sakura, expecting to keep the better of the two locations longterm. Both ended up repeatedly on a beautiful region with an unpronounceable name: Gyakusetsu.

I finally looked up the region name on a translator web application. The translation: Jerks.

How could the moles/lindens come up with such an awful name for such a pretty region?

Edited by Teresa Firelight
long -> longterm
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I actually activated two temporary premium alts to try and get a "dream" location on Sakura, expecting to keep the better of the two locations long. Both ended up repeatedly on a beautiful region with an unpronounceable name: Gyakusetsu.

I finally looked up the region name on a translator web application. The translation: Jerks.

How could the moles/lindens come up with such an awful name for such a pretty region?

My first Google hit says it means: "inverted, reverse, opposite, wicked."

Wicked seems closest to "jerk", reminds me of "baka" ("crazy", "foolish", or "downright stupid"). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I learned my lesson with Newbrooke. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Few of the houses I landed after the first day of release were located on water. I’m going to let my Sakura 512 simmer for awhile on the canal near a public boat rez zone. 

Your spot sounds like a nice location. I ended up along a canal as well. I had dreamed of a nice wide river with beautiful water view (maybe even a waterfall) instead of a narrow street-like canal.. but as you said, the 512 water picks tend to get less frequent after the first day. I am pretty sure that if I try to "trade up," I will end up "trading down" instead. My canal spot is not near a rez zone but at least it is "water."

Your spot near a boat rez zone sounds really nice. It is probably also a bit wider. I think you are wise to hang on to it for a bit.

• Like 2

I love the parcel I got but a few woodworks inside will not update to white in the Shion from what I can see, tried to refresh the house, tried the post, nothing, just a few panels will not change to white.. 

Edit: after many tries and after posting, it finally updated

Edited by Brilynn Roussel
  • Like 3

• Moles
33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My first Google hit says it means: "inverted, reverse, opposite, wicked."

Wicked seems closest to "jerk", reminds me of "baka" ("crazy", "foolish", or "downright stupid"). 

According to this, it means "paradox".

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/japanese-word-19bbde1210bc11e99bcbd74a911f1b7c9f425113.html

(which is what our list, checked by someone whose first language is Japanese, says it means)

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

44 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I actually activated two temporary premium alts to try and get a "dream" location on Sakura, expecting to keep the better of the two locations longterm. Both ended up repeatedly on a beautiful region with an unpronounceable name: Gyakusetsu.

I don't know what translator you used, but the first few translations I saw all said the word means "paradox". Perhaps you typed the word incorrectly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.