Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

You cannot downgrade account types without correcting the land situation on the account first.   For example, going from Premium+->Premium you will have to make your mainland or Linden Home holdings 1024sqm or less or you will not have the option.  Alternatively, if you keep mainland that is greater than the 1024sqm allotment, you will be tiered up. Going from Premium->Basic, you cannot have any mainland or Linden Home holdings on the account, the same and it will not give you the option to downgrade. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I thought that I heard that you get more tries on the land page for PP alts. Is that true or is it just a rumor? if it is true, how many do you get?

(or has no one tested it cuz they are all busy requestign specific homes)?

I spoke to this, it will be added in The Future™

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

You cannot downgrade account types without correcting the land situation on the account first.   For example, going from Premium+->Premium you will have to make your mainland or Linden Home holdings 1024sqm or less or you will not have the option.  Going from Premium->Basic, you cannot have any mainland or Linden Home holdings on the account, the same and it will not give you the option to downgrade. 

But -- going from Premium Plus to Premium, if you had claimed a 1024 Linden Home via a Support Ticket, in order to get a particular plot, I'm guessing you won't have to release that specially selected plot.  I can't imagine how that would be enforced, unless a flag was added to the account - which I doubt has happened.

That was one of the most recent things folks were wondering. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

But -- going from Premium Plus to Premium, if you had claimed a 1024 Linden Home via a Support Ticket, in order to get a particular plot, I'm guessing you won't have to release that specially selected plot.  I can't imagine how that would be enforced, unless a flag was added to the account - which I doubt has happened.

That was one of the most recent things folks were wondering. 

Correct, if you upgrade to request a home, thank you.  The account is marked that the request has been made.  If it becomes an issue, we can halt the benefit.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

18 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

You cannot downgrade account types without correcting the land situation on the account first.   For example, going from Premium+->Premium you will have to make your mainland or Linden Home holdings 1024sqm or less or you will not have the option.  Alternatively, if you keep mainland that is greater than the 1024sqm allotment, you will be tiered up. Going from Premium->Basic, you cannot have any mainland or Linden Home holdings on the account, the same and it will not give you the option to downgrade. 

This makes sense. It's the same situation we have when downgrading from Premium to Basic. One has to get rid of land before they can drop down to the free Basic account.

On the other side though, when one goes from Premium to Basic they don't lose any of their 70 groups.

What will happen to a user's groups when a Premium Plus account with 140 groups drops down to Premium or Basic?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I view this as an exploit of Plus, and I think LL (perhaps @Dottie Linden ?) should clarify whether it is possible.  If so,  I think it should be JIRA'd as a bug.  Certainly once 2048 parcels are available, it would be easy for them to insist that folks abandon their 2048 before downgrading to Premium from Plus.  I think that it would be fairest if LL also tracked how each home was claimed, and required  that any home claimed via Plus ticket be abandoned before downgrading. 

Otherwise, you could go to Plus for 2 months shortly before a year of Premium expires, get your bonus, get a great home, and downgrade with very little spent.  Of course Plus members who need to downgrade may be very sad to lose their home ... but otherwise I think many folks will use Plus this way.

That said, I think claiming homes via ticket is a nice feature, and I hope some of the people who have been saddened by not having the time or resources to play GOH successfully finally get the home of their dreams.

I was strictly talking about getting the perfect LH NOW not when the 2048 came out.  Get your perfect LH in the perfect spot and then cancel PP. I assume you could not keep the house if it exceeded what you were allowed in LH land holdings.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What will happen to a user's groups when a Premium Plus account with 140 groups drops down to Premium or Basic?

Another "Gotcha"! Kind of like the "what if I request a home then downgrade" question a few posts back..

I hope people don't abuse the system by doing stuff like, "signup for PP, upload a megaton of things for 'free', then request downgrade"!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Another "Gotcha"! Kind of like the "what if I request a home then downgrade" question a few posts back..

I hope people don't abuse the system by doing stuff like, "signup for PP, upload a megaton of things for 'free', then request downgrade"!

It's not free if they're paying $25/ month or $ 250/ year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

BUT is it really an abuse of the system if the system allows it to be done. You can't possibly expect thousands of users from all over the world not to abuse *if that is even the right word, I would use more "use"* the system if it allows it to be done. You can't allow something and then they tell people they are abusing the system.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's not free if they're paying $25/ month or $ 250/ year.

Maybe I should have said "take advantage of unlimited uploads", etc. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe I should have said "take advantage of unlimited uploads", etc. 🙂 

Why not though? If it's allowed then they are not taking advantage.

That's my point - if someone "uses" a benefit (whether a PP type of house request, massive uploads, 140 group) and then downgrades..what then?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Correct, if you upgrade to request a home, thank you.  The account is marked that the request has been made.  If it becomes an issue, we can halt the benefit.  

Why does it have to be taken away from everyone if only the certain few are abusing it would be my only question?  This is one of the benefits for everyone if a small group choose to abuse it, that small group should be the ones barred from using the feature versus it being ruined for every single person that has premium plus.  Interesting that you will halt it though because its one of the reasons I paid you 250 US dollars to get the improved premium.

This also makes me wonder if you guys offering the choice of linden home gets you around the european laws coming into effect for loot boxes that made the whole concept of the gachas to change.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
Added one thing.
  • Like 1

Look at it this way. It costs $52 to change one's user name ($12 / one month of Premium + $ 40 for the name change).

It costs $25 to get whichever available Linden Home you want ($25/ one month of PP) and $12/ month to keep it (Premium).

It costs $12 to get 70 groups (one month of Premium) and $25 to get 140 groups (Premium Plus).

Nothing is free here. It's just a matter of one time costs vs. continuing costs. Holding land is always a continuing costs, but holding groups or holding a name never has been. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald

My main premium renews in December, maybe I'll try it just to see if I can get a better stilt. And I have land tier for mainland also in this account, it the downgrade process is linear, and I'll just be charged for the surplus land (like I am now)  it is worth a try. 

But I actually like my stilt, so, decisions, decisions

• Like 1

I can't see the big problem with people paying PPlus to send in a ticket for a house. Then they downgrade to Premium.

They have to pay PPlus again if they will send in a new ticket. And abandon their 'great spot' and another person pick it up, Premium or PPlus.

So the house goes on the market again.

Is it not a perk they can use again with Plus? It is not "once in a lifetime"?

It is just a variation of having many alts. The one who can pay, get an advantage. SL is capitalism.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

If people abuse this enough that it has to be dropped... 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jadziyah Nova said:

We shall see :) I like the 15 dollar name change though and plan on using that on a name I don't like atm!

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Okies, thanks for the clarification.  It's a feature!  

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that initially we will have people exploit this feature, and then things will calm down once those who've been pining for a certain sort of place ... get them! 

I think that eventually it will be common for PP members  who use more of Plus's full set of benefits to use this as their only way of getting a LH whenever they want one.  Truthfully, tho,  I enjoy the random Belli tours that GOH gives me :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jadziyah Nova said:

If there are hoops to jump though to get the desirable thing at the best price, people will jump though the hoops .. and no more.

This is no different from agreeing to an Amazon credit card to get a massive discount on an expensive purchase, then paying the card off and never using it again.

• Like 6

This is one of the problems with "benefits" likes these, they are poorly thought through.  Some things expire when you downgrade, some don't.  It gets confusing when there isn't clarification up front which is which before people pay up.  The other problem is when with a casual word someone can indicate that a "benefit" that has been paid for can be halted.  What is "becomes a problem" in this case?

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

I am not getting Premium Plus right now, but might in future. 

At present, I dont have any use for the "pick your home" feature -- I already have a few linden homes I love and no desire to collect any more. (Maybe that will change when the next release comes out.. idk.)

It doesn't bother me if someone upgrades to PP for a month or two so that they can claim a house of their choice. They pay the extra $18 for a month, get their house, downgrade back to premium and happily live there for the next year or two.

I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

In fact, if anything, it is a great solution for all those people believe that GOHers keep them from getting the house of their dreams. (It is not clear to me that the GOHers do that, since they rarely hang on to a place for more than a week or two... but that is entirely a different topic.) Back to this topic, which is "temporary upgrades to get your dream home."

A person can pay a little extra money for a short while to get a spot they totally love. Then then they can go back to premium and be really happy about their SL Home, and probably enjoy their SL a bit more. I actually think that is a brilliant solution.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

When you are claiming a home via the ticket system with PP,  you are paying for the ticket system and not for the house.  You shouldn't have to abandon it if you downgrade to regular premium just like you do not lose your paid name change if you downgrade out of premium altogether.

You would lose it if you had one of the promised 2048 houses because you'd be over the allowed land limit for a premium account. I wouldn't think you would lose the one you requested if you have a 1024 or 515 if you downgrade. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I view this as an exploit of Plus, and I think LL (perhaps @Dottie Linden ?) should clarify whether it is possible.  If so,  I think it should be JIRA'd as a bug.  Certainly once 2048 parcels are available, it would be easy for them to insist that folks abandon their 2048 before downgrading to Premium from Plus.  I think that it would be fairest if LL also tracked how each home was claimed, and required  that any home claimed via Plus ticket be abandoned before downgrading. 

Otherwise, you could go to Plus for 2 months shortly before a year of Premium expires, get your bonus, get a great home, and downgrade with very little spent.  Of course Plus members who need to downgrade may be very sad to lose their home ... but otherwise I think many folks will use Plus this way.

That said, I think claiming homes via ticket is a nice feature, and I hope some of the people who have been saddened by not having the time or resources to play GOH successfully finally get the home of their dreams.

How is this an exploit, you paid the fee? All this talk about abuse, exploits is exhausting, if I pay a fee then I get the benefit period end of story. It is not like you can drop and not still have Premium if you want to keep the house, you still have to pay.

Yes you pay less then PP, but you used the benefit to get your house now you do not need it it or any of the other benefits, so you are free to go back to Premium, as long as you have the land allotment for it who cares. 

If I know for example I will upload a lot of textures during the holidays, it might make sense to go PP for that period of time, I do not get the annual discount, I am simply paying a fee for that time period for unlimited textures, if I want all year, want it cheaper pay annually, that is why monthly is more expensive, you not locked in.

No one is forcing you to go to PP, premium or even use SL, use the program that suits you, and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.