Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

55 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I got my first ever manicure today. (Don't laugh. I live in the woods and have a physical, dirty job) I keep looking at my hands thinking they are not mine. They must belong to my avatar, because my real life hands just don't look like that.

I have had 3 manicures in my entire life -- for each of my two weddings and for my daughter's wedding.  My hands really are a hot mess (dry skin, constant sores from banging them around the house, etc...) and my nails are worse.  I chewed my nails up until 6 months before my first wedding.  Even though I haven't chewed them in many decades, they still break, split, etc.. and thus are always very short, often not even getting past the tip of my fingers.  Therefore I've never seen any real purpose in doing manicures for day to day living.

However, I get pedicures with my daughter every time she visits -- it is sort of a mommy/daughter thing we started years ago, just to have some "us" time for chatting without the guys around.  I highly recommend the pedicures, even if your feet are almost always in shoes.  The wonderful leg massages that go with it are heavenly.

Now, Lil DOES have a proper hand and foot pedicure at all times, but I still keep her nails fairly short - the 'middle' size on the Maitreya HUD.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Pet Delight: Through the majick of better-managed Linkset Data, I've gotten a major script to use only 5k of memory (30k free) instead of all of its memory. Basically, squeezing a watermelon seed through the hole instead of a watermelon.

This means that at least for this script, I can grow the client data somewhat exponentially and it should not run out of memory. Until Linkset Data runs out, at least, and I've already got a workaround for that (load modules/classes as needed, unload when done with them). 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now, Lil DOES have a proper hand and foot pedicure at all times, but I still keep her nails fairly short - the 'middle' size on the Maitreya HUD.

Mebbe I should look into getting a..Pawdicure. Clawdicure? Padicure!

Whatever it's called, Toe Beans are involved.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Someone -- Dutchie, I think -- recently came out with a really fantastic spa and massage set (with PG and Adult animations).

It says something about the power of the virtual on our poor deluded brains that I was really tempted -- because I'd love something like that in RL.

I won't get it because there's next to no chance I'd ever actually use it (except perhaps for a photo). And I'd need bring in a masseuse, and we all know where that kind of thing leads.

Still . . .

/me sighs

• Like 3

That moment when, in the first episode of Stargate SG-1, Captain Samantha Carter uses the verb 'MacGyver' to explain how the USAF scientists made do without a DHD to get the first Earth gate working, speaking to (or 'at' .. 'by', really) Colonel Jack O'Neill.

O'Neill being played by Richard Dean Anderson. Who famously played Angus "Mac" MacGyver. 

And yeah, that's totally SL related. 'Cause. I'm watching Stargate whilst sorting my inventory. Nods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 12:26 AM, Rowan Amore said:

I'm delighted that more stores are packaging their clothing to allow you to only unpack the sizes you wear.  Brilliant move.

I just rez the box and drag what I need into my inventory. I also keep the full box in case I change body at some point

• Like 1

When "We should hang out again sometime" is actually a "Yes, really, lets set a time and date." instead of a vague "Let's add each-other to our lists and hope we might be on again at the same time and not be busy and actually notice if the stars align."

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

When "We should hang out again sometime" is actually a "Yes, really, lets set a time and date." instead of a vague "Let's add each-other to our lists and hope we might be on again at the same time and not be busy and actually notice if the stars align."

Lucky guy and/or gal!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 9:19 AM, Orwar said:

That moment when, in the first episode of Stargate SG-1, Captain Samantha Carter uses the verb 'MacGyver' to explain how the USAF scientists made do without a DHD to get the first Earth gate working, speaking to (or 'at' .. 'by', really) Colonel Jack O'Neill.

O'Neill being played by Richard Dean Anderson. Who famously played Angus "Mac" MacGyver. 

Late, but this reminds me of the moment in Lord of the Rings when Boromir (Sean Bean) cuts his thumb on Isildur's sword and says "Still sharp" - while Sean was at the time also still known for playing Richard Sharpe in the series of the same name.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was little, there was the Easter curveball that is Memma (Fin: Mämmi). It's dessert, it looks like thick kladdkaka-batter, but it's .. Rye and treacle. Baked low and slow until it looks like the semolina porridge God forgot. But also a deep, dark brown that must be either chocolate or what comes out of the other end of someone who ate too much blood pudding.

If you took a handful of dried breadcrumbs scooped out of the bottom of a toaster, a spoonful of powdered cacao, and half a pint of snot, and ran it through a blender until you've got a homogenously dark brown, gritty goop, you've achieved the visual appearance and texture of Memma. And the flavour is a bit like if someone somehow managed to smelt a Danish rye bread and then kept going until you've got a concentrated tincture of rye and treacle. 

Then you put it in a bowl, and sprinkle it with a little bit of brown sugar, and drown it in cream .. 

.. And it's actually quite lovely. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

When I was little, there was the Easter curveball that is Memma (Fin: Mämmi). It's dessert, it looks like thick kladdkaka-batter, but it's .. Rye and treacle. Baked low and slow until it looks like the semolina porridge God forgot. But also a deep, dark brown that must be either chocolate or what comes out of the other end of someone who ate too much blood pudding.

If you took a handful of dried breadcrumbs scooped out of the bottom of a toaster, a spoonful of powdered cacao, and half a pint of snot, and ran it through a blender until you've got a homogenously dark brown, gritty goop, you've achieved the visual appearance and texture of Memma. And the flavour is a bit like if someone somehow managed to smelt a Danish rye bread and then kept going until you've got a concentrated tincture of rye and treacle. 

Then you put it in a bowl, and sprinkle it with a little bit of brown sugar, and drown it in cream .. 

.. And it's actually quite lovely. 

You make it sound so appetizing!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You make it sound so appetizing!

I disagree.  It sounds awful to look at and worse to actually put in your mouth. Sugar covered snot is still snot.  There is no way to hide a texture like that.

I was using czarchasm.

• Haha 2

Making a bullet that can actually register collisions with a target less than half a meter cubed, and over 90 meters away. At 200 mps. Without tumbling. And finally being able to take out two targets, one behind the other, with the same shot.

\o/

• Thanks 1