Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

I am in heaven.  It has been running mid-upper 90s F (35-37 C) for days now and we've had to run the air conditioner all night.  I am a fresh air person and hate it when I cannot open my windows at night.

Anyway, a huge rainstorm just came through - dumping lots of needed rain -- and cooled the temps down to the mid 60s F (roughly 18 C) and it is forecasted to stay that way until mid-morning tomorrow.

Every window in the house is wide open with the fans blowing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am in heaven.  It has been running mid-upper 90s F (35-37 C) for days now and we've had to run the air conditioner all night.  I am a fresh air person and hate it when I cannot open my windows at night.

Anyway, a huge rainstorm just came through - dumping lots of needed rain -- and cooled the temps down to the mid 60s F (roughly 18 C) and it is forecasted to stay that way until mid-morning tomorrow.

Every window in the house is wide open with the fans blowing.

That does sound lovely.  The rain must have missed me.  Still 90s

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am defying the odds!  In January I was told that my kidneys were not likely to recover and that I would need to start dialysis this year and get on the list for a kidney transplant.  My kidneys were functioning at 12%.  Kidney disease is described in stages that are related to the percentage of function.  Stage 5 is below 15%.  I was at 10% in December of 2021 and had improved by 2% but the doctor told me there was unlikely to be any more improvement.  A  few months later I managed to improve anyway and I was at 16% which is just over the threshold for stage 4.  

Long story short, my kidneys are continuing to improve and I'm now at 18%.

Edited by kali Wylder
annoying grammatical error
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I am defying the odds!  In January I was told that my kidneys were not likely to recover and that I would need to start dialysis this year and get on the list for a kidney transplant.  My kidneys were functioning at 12%.  Kidney disease is described in stages that are related to the percentage of function.  Stage 5 is below 15%.  I was at 10% in December of 2021 and had improved by 2% but the doctor told me it was unlikely to be any more improvement.  A  few months later I managed to improve anyway and I was at 16% which is just over the threshold for stage 4.  

That's brilliant news. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I am defying the odds!  In January I was told that my kidneys were not likely to recover and that I would need to start dialysis this year and get on the list for a kidney transplant.  My kidneys were functioning at 12%.  Kidney disease is described in stages that are related to the percentage of function.  Stage 5 is below 15%.  I was at 10% in December of 2021 and had improved by 2% but the doctor told me it was unlikely to be any more improvement.  A  few months later I managed to improve anyway and I was at 16% which is just over the threshold for stage 4.  

This is wonderful. You go!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm loving the new Forum changes. I wish I knew which Linden to thank.  I try to follow them all on here!

NOT sarcasm at all.  It feels so much more like a "modern" website!

Someone else dropped a few names so THANK YOU @Dyna Mole@Abnor Moleand others!

Tommy Linden popped in to one of the threads about the changes and said it was not something LL rolled out, but due to an update of the forum software itself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Tommy Linden popped in to one of the threads about the changes and said it was not something LL rolled out, but due to an update of the forum software itself.

Yep, I saw! I guess someone should have paged him much earlier. I follow all those guys on here but have no clue which ones to page.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We head out tomorrow on our dream vacation - off to Bora Bora.  It was originally going to be our 25th wedding anniversary trip, but we delayed it a year due to Covid.  We have been saving for this vacation for over a decade and the time has finally come.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1