Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

An extra Delight for the Day, making it a Triple Delight Day. Officially and everything.

Anyway, Delight C is: Finding absolutely not a single solitary one of a particular hairstyle anywhere in SL, after searching for weeks, and making it myself in 5 minutes. I am now the one person in SL with this hairstyle.

\o/

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

An extra Delight for the Day, making it a Triple Delight Day. Officially and everything.

Anyway, Delight C is: Finding absolutely not a single solitary one of a particular hairstyle anywhere in SL, after searching for weeks, and making it myself in 5 minutes. I am now the one person in SL with this hairstyle.

\o/

Must. Share. Photo!

• Like 1

Helping folks troubleshoot the enigma that is SL voice.

I was goofing around in an (usually) abandoned sim as I typically do, then suddenly I get an IM from a poor soul.

"Can you help me see if my mic is working?"

Of course, who am I to turn down someone in need? We went through all the settings. The input, the output. We recruited their friend in for another opinion. We all had a good head-scratch over it.

Then someone proposed the idea.

"Are you clicking the button? The speak button?"

Ladies, gentlemen, and other distinguished guests.

That was indeed the problem.

A good laugh was had by all.

Edited by cariboustag
I can spell. Sometimes.
  • Like 4

Today I learned (or is that another thread) that Talenti gelleto jars are just the right size to hold chocolate chip cookies from Wallmart. The jars are plastic, so they won't break, take up less space than the original plastic container, and are air tight. I love these jars and use them for everything from nuts to loose leaf teas.

Freshness-Guaranteed-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-14-oz-10-Count_b8ff1c98-71aa-4cb8-8cd4-018ab0b2ac50.52b12ed2c82a7d96fe7dd87f10088782.thumb.jpeg.26d791c1fe35dac9777079fd8f8264f1.jpeg

960050806-ECOM.webp.955b45a375c1030373cf583457a744f9.webp

SL related, I enjoyed helping a couple of newbies at the Welcome Hub. 😄

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

Oreo cookies. I could eat these things all day. Nom nom.

Regular? Dubl-Stufd? Enrobed (covered in chocolate/icing)?

Do you twist them? Dunk them? Eat the icing first?

DETALES PLZ!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Regular? Dubl-Stufd? Enrobed (covered in chocolate/icing)?

Do you twist them? Dunk them? Eat the icing first?

DETALES PLZ!!

They're the double stuffed variety, and since I have no milk on hand (which would be my first choice), I'm dunking them in my coffee and just eating them whole. Mmm good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I posted a peeve, so I definitely need to balance that out with a delight.

People that offer free stuff, lmao. It's not just free stuff either, but also stuff at lower prices, which is pretty cool  I know, we all love free stuff, amirite? But, for reals, I went to a couple of events today, to look around, and I'll be damned if people didn't put out some really nice stuff. It's not all my taste, but that's okay.

I didn't buy anything, because I'm just a window shopper. But I did get me some free stuff, and now my av  is a sexy bish Though she's neither a bish nor sexy, she's strutting round this house like she is, and that's all that matters, huh?

Oh, and my explorations made me give up sorting my inventory, so I'm delighted about that too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Most of my pets have been delightful, except for 1 cat years ago, and my first Husky who turned into a growler.

Current Huskies are very delightful!

I know I'm replying to an old post here, but somehow I've missed seeing this thread for months.

I snorted my coffee when I saw what your first Husky turned into ... look up growler in British slang 😜 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2023 at 7:01 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

Must. Share. Photo!

Sorry I'm late. This is my Jerry Only version, except its not all combed over from the back cos of baldness. I'mma do Doyle's duck-butt pompadour version, too. Might even include the bits of electrical tape. XD 

It's called a devilock, BTW. Pretty sure Doyle came up with it first. I'd try to make a cute girly version, but then people might think I was Betty Boop with most of her hair fallen out. XD

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.909d66d498f50acd6b1ca46bdc0fe9a0.png

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Today I learned (or is that another thread) that Talenti gelleto jars are just the right size to hold chocolate chip cookies from Wallmart. The jars are plastic, so they won't break, take up less space than the original plastic container, and are air tight. I love these jars and use them for everything from nuts to loose leaf teas.

Freshness-Guaranteed-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-14-oz-10-Count_b8ff1c98-71aa-4cb8-8cd4-018ab0b2ac50.52b12ed2c82a7d96fe7dd87f10088782.thumb.jpeg.26d791c1fe35dac9777079fd8f8264f1.jpeg

960050806-ECOM.webp.955b45a375c1030373cf583457a744f9.webp

SL related, I enjoyed helping a couple of newbies at the Welcome Hub. 😄

If you just need a bunch of empty jars, you can mail me the gelato in a big ziploc bag or something. I really don't mind helping.

• Haha 3

Pet Delight: I successfully got Parser Schemas to work today for checking compatible types, including lists (and "Lists cannot contain Lists").

Part of the complexity in generalizing this is, some types (Vector and Rotation) are only valid with certain Operators and Types.  

Strings and Keys - Only "+", only for Strings and Keys

Number (Integers and Floats) - All Operators, for other Numbers (Integers and Floats)

Lists - Each Parameter follows the rule for its individual type, plus Lists cannot contain Lists

Vectors - + and - with Vectors, * with Numbers, Vectors, Rotations, / with Numbers and Rotations, % with Vectors

Rotations - * and / with Rotations

• Like 2

I have two Bonus Delights, making this another Triple-Delight Day.

Bonus Delight 1: Being told by a customer/patron that I rock, and they like my work. It's really gratifying when people notice how much I put into what I do.

Bonus Delight 2: Seeing half a dozen dots on the mini map, on a sim I used to lurk on because there was never anybody there, and noticing also that every one of those dots is on my friends list.

Pretty good for a Wednesday night.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Holy freakin' crap, I even get an Extra Delight. That's 4 in one day. \o/

Extra, Additional Delight: Someone I've known through IMs for a year or more, and only met inworld once before, actually came and visited my home sim, and I got to give her a tour of the spooky hidden places. Yayee~!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1