Not nice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some mboards make a person wait 24 hours to 3 days before they can post.  And one board I'm on --- a new member first 15 posts are moderated before they have free reign.

Both of those are probably quite effective. But the latter is likely to require more person-hours than LL wants to devote to this place, while the former means that someone posting here because they need immediate assistance with a problem wouldn't be able to.

• Like 4

This gives me *get off my lawn* vibes. 

In my RL I live in a really snobbish town and they never want any affordable housing or senior living, because *traffic is horrible already* and I don't want to tell you how they cater to those who are/might end up homeless BUT lets not give them a chance at a place to live. It's horrible. The only warming station I know of is ONLY open on the most bitter cold nights. I lay awake at night wondering about those parents and children . 

BUT lets make things exclusive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

This gives me *get off my lawn* vibes. 

In my RL I live in a really snobbish town and they never want any affordable housing or senior living, because *traffic is horrible already* and I don't want to tell you how they cater to those who are/might end up homeless BUT lets not give them a chance at a place to live. It's horrible. The only warming station I know of is ONLY open on the most bitter cold nights. I lay awake at night wondering about those parents and children . 

BUT lets make things exclusive.

What does that have to do with moderation on a message board forum, though?

37 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some mboards make a person wait 24 hours to 3 days before they can post.  And one board I'm on --- a new member first 15 posts are moderated before they have free reign.

I don't mind the last part there so much but that first part. If I can't make a post as soon as I register (the reason for registering), more than likely I will forget its existence by the next day. Or found what I was looking for elsewhere.

• Like 2

I don’t see much problem handling new posters — most are perfectly well behaved, and those that are not pretty quickly run into the brick wall of acceptable forum etiquette. Some people are just not aware that there is such a thing, although some are well aware and are here just to troll, in which case the mods handle them fairly efficiently. 

I just don’t see that we need such a layer of protection from unruly new posters. 

• Like 4

Yes, because alienating a large portion of any community never has negative backlash. I don't see this as a beneficial idea as a premium member. This would actually make me consider dropping both my premium memberships since I don't really care for the idea of making anyone feel left out.

In the grand scheme of forums this is a pretty peaceful and helpful one for the most part. All forums get a few trolls or rude individuals. Linden Lab deals with these pretty quickly from what I've seen over the years.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
Edited because my brain is clearly mush
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.