Jump to content

New region idea: An Adult Region.


Anna Nova
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I never said that you are not allowed to have it, but what I meant and this seems to be what gets on people's nerves. If you live in Bellisaria, you have to all your sexual stuff in your house. And I didn't mean that, I just meant Bellisaria is supposed to be like a community. Like a neightbourhood on a regular suburban street. Would you go and have sex out in a public place, in your own neighbourhood? No one is taking anything away, we are just telling you. Bellisaria will never have an adult-only section. 

I've lost your train of thought, if I ever had it. No one is saying people should do the sexors in their yards in Bellisseria. The OP asked for a SEPARATE ADULT AREA of Linden Homes. 

I'm not getting what your issue is with the concept. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I'm confused, there are full on Adult rated sex sims for this very thing, so why do you want LL to dip their toe in this? I used to moderate an adult sim and lemme tell you, getting the lindens to accept that sex is 90% of their platform, and these sims exist on their platform is VERY hard to do.

 

Also why are we shaming someone for voicing they wouldn't want to see that sort of thing when they go out? I don't have a problem with nudity, however I wouldn't be okay with it if you were to to the grocery store or run errands in an full on birthday suit either. Theirs a time and place for everything and calling people prudes or conservatives is pretty silly. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and attacking someone for not agreeing with yours? Are we not adults here? it makes me question it

The OP asked for an Adult version of Linden Homes, something that is not currently offered in SL. Sure, there are adult sims out there, but those regions don't offer free, nicely built homes in nicely built regions for Premium members. It's not unreasonable to ask for that.

Somehow, some folks seem to have turned it into "People want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria", which is not what anyone is requesting to do.  No one's asking anyone who doesn't want to see naked butts to gaze upon any, but here we are, people are protesting about it anyway. (P.S. Look closer... there's "shaming" going on on both sides.)

So, as usual in the forums, it's a lot of drama over something no one ever said in the first place. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have said, that's what Zindra and Horizons are for.

Horizons is interesting. It has a mid-century futuristic theme, allows adult content, and offers double prims. But prices are insane. Waterfront property on the ocean for L$299,000 for 8192m^2.

If you want land in Zindra, it's very available, but expensive. L$10 to L$20 per square meter for sort of OK locations. Much higher for really good ones. Predrow, on the ocean. 8192m^2 for L$910,000. 2x prims. Watch the sun rise over the ocean.

I can see why people want something a little less pricey.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, animats said:

As others have said, that's what Zindra and Horizons are for.

Horizons is interesting. It has a mid-century futuristic theme, allows adult content, and offers double prims. But prices are insane. Waterfront property on the ocean for L$299,000 for 8192m^2.

If you want land in Zindra, it's very available, but expensive. L$10 to L$20 per square meter for sort of OK locations. Much higher for really good ones. Predrow, on the ocean. 8192m^2 for L$910,000. 2x prims. Watch the sun rise over the ocean.

I can see why people want something a little less pricey.

Zindra and Horizons are not the same as "Adult Linden Homes regions". That's like saying "Why do we need all these Moderate Linden Home regions when there are plenty of Moderate regions on the Mainland?"

Linden Homes are offered free to Premium members. Some folks are asking for a separate Adult version, also offered for free to Premium members. I don't understand why anyone has a problem with this or is arguing against it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The OP asked for an Adult version of Linden Homes, something that is not currently offered in SL. Sure, there are adult sims out there, but those regions don't offer free, nicely built homes in nicely built regions for Premium members. It's not unreasonable to ask for that.

Somehow, some folks seem to have turned it into "People want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria", which is not what anyone is requesting to do.  No one's asking anyone who doesn't want to see naked butts to gaze upon any, but here we are, people are protesting about it anyway. (P.S. Look closer... there's "shaming" going on on both sides.)

So, as usual in the forums, it's a lot of drama over something no one ever said in the first place. 

 

But this is what I don't get then...if you don't want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria then why do you even NEED an adult version? It's perfectly ok to have Sex, orgy's whatever you want inside your Linden home currently.  What IS it that you are wanting to do that can't be done currently in a Linden neighborhood?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

There is ZERO reason why they could not make Linden Home continents of the 3 different ratings for people.  I would argue too that General rating Linden Homes should also be available for people who truly want nothing remotely adult too.  I just think more options for different groups of folks is always better in the long run. 

It should be noted the original suggestion wasn't this. It was for open build areas with no theme outside of adult. If all that's wanted is open pieces of themeless land to put adult stuff on... finishing Zindra is the most sensible way to add it.

What I'd imagine an adult Linden Homes area would be is a continent with a bit of each of the new themes, but with its own name and next to Zindra. That means each plot would have a house as usual. People would still have to follow all the usual rules, other than the adult content rules being different. Any outside furniture and such would need to be in theme.

What would be nice is people cutting out the prude business and such. I'm asexual and indifferent to your sex dungeon. This means I have different hobbies to you, not that I'm a terrible person.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Zindra and Horizons are not the same as "Adult Linden Homes regions". That's like saying "Why do we need all these Moderate Linden Home regions when there are plenty of Moderate regions on the Mainland?"

Linden Homes are offered free to Premium members. Some folks are asking for a separate Adult version, also offered for free to Premium members. I don't understand why anyone has a problem with this or is arguing against it.

I think people would be genuinely shocked at how popular these would be if they did roll them out.  All you gotta do is start looking at the skyboxes in Bellisseria to get a clue of just how popular adult rated Linden Homes could be.  Its like a sea of sky dungeons in Bellisseria.  And yes many would be fine in keeping their sky dungeon in a moderate region but others would be very enthusiastic to be in adult land.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

But this is what I don't get then...if you don't want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria then why do you even NEED an adult version? It's perfectly ok to have Sex, orgy's whatever you want inside your Linden home currently.  What IS it that you are wanting to do that can't be done currently in a Linden neighborhood?

Why does it bother you for others to have an Adult region? How does it affect your or anyone else's SL in any way if this were to be offered by LL? Why do you even NEED to stop it from happening? 

(And just because people are obeying the rules and not having sex outdoors in Bellisseria doesn't mean they wouldn't like to be able to do so in a place where it is allowed...)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@IvyLarae The problem's not with WHAT was said, but HOW it was said.

"Prude" and "conservative" began as labels the poster in question self-applied.

No one's shaming anyone for what was said;  We're taking offense to someone trying to dictate how things should be, to fit with THEIR values, and screw everyone else.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Polenth Yue said:

What I'd imagine an adult Linden Homes area would be is a continent with a bit of each of the new themes, but with its own name and next to Zindra. That means each plot would have a house as usual. People would still have to follow all the usual rules, other than the adult content rules being different. Any outside furniture and such would need to be in theme.

This here all this...  I really don't think people wanting this is unreasonable.  Different strokes for different folks and while I'm at it I would equally defend the General rated land folks wanting General rated Linden Homes too.  I think arguably most people would still prefer Moderate but I think there would be a size worthy chunk of people both for Adult rated and General to give each one their own smallish continent somewhere.  And yes attach the adult one to Zindra that makes sense.  Dont even have to call it Bellisseria.  But have it be Linden homes so people wanting adult rated land for their small homes does not have to exist in land that is either WAY to expensive (Horizons) or ugly AF (Zindra).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Why does it bother you for others to have an Adult region? How does it affect your or anyone else's SL in any way if this were to be offered by LL? Why do you even NEED to stop it from happening? 

(And just because people are obeying the rules and not having sex outdoors in Bellisseria doesn't mean they wouldn't like to be able to do so in a place where it is allowed...)

Where did I say anywhere that it bothered me or I wanted to stop it?  You are not reading and just putting your assumptions you think are in my head instead of where it should be, which is reading what I wrote. I highlighted the part where you said this is not what people are looking to do but now you are saying that they do want to? Which is it?

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Somehow, some folks seem to have turned it into "People want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria", which is not what anyone is requesting to do. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I think people would be genuinely shocked at how popular these would be if they did roll them out.  All you gotta do is start looking at the skyboxes in Bellisseria to get a clue of just how popular adult rated Linden Homes could be.  Its like a sea of sky dungeons in Bellisseria.  And yes many would be fine in keeping their sky dungeon in a moderate region but others would be very enthusiastic to be in adult land.

 What's funny is that you'd think that if people don't want all the naughty people in their neighborhood, they'd be first in line to ask LL to make a separate LH region for the naughty people to go to. "Get off my lawn, naked people!"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Where did I say anywhere that it bothered me or I wanted to stop it?  You are not reading and just putting your assumptions you think are in my head instead of where it should be, which is reading what I wrote. I highlighted the part where you said this is not what people are looking to do but now you are saying that they do want to? Which is it?

 

I don't even know what you are asking here. 🤣

ETA: If you think I am contradicting myself by saying "People don't want to have sex in the yard IN BELLISSERIA, but they might want to in an adult region where it is allowed", then I don't know what to tell you. It's not a contradiction at all.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

 What's funny is that you'd think that if people don't want all the naughty people in their neighborhood, they'd be first in line to ask LL to make a separate LH region for the naughty people to go to. "Get off my lawn, naked people!"

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

No I live in Canada, not in the Netherlands. Things are way different here, and even in the US. If we were to go out like that here. We would be arrested for indecent exposure and put on the sex offenders list.

Not sure what idea you have of the Netherlands, but we sure are NOT allowed to walk around naked in public. This is only allowed at dedicated nude beaches etc.

That naked bikeride is an event that takes place in Portland, US. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

But this is what I don't get then...if you don't want to have sex in the yards of Bellisseria then why do you even NEED an adult version? It's perfectly ok to have Sex, orgy's whatever you want inside your Linden home currently.  What IS it that you are wanting to do that can't be done currently in a Linden neighborhood?

This is what had originally crossed my mind.  What do people want to do that they can't currently do in a moderate region?  My imagination is a bit limited here.  Maybe someone wants to stake out their male slave in Victorian styled lingerie in the front yard?  Erotic art in the yard?  Set up their gal in a compromising position for the use of the neighbors for a neighborhood BBQ?  I guess it doesn't matter what people want to do as long as it follows the covenant and stays in theme.

That may be the rub.  How do you police what is "in theme" in each of the home styles?   SecondLife is a business and having the manpower to police an adult area may not be worth it.  How do you prevent someone from putting on a child avatar after they got their adult home?  Who decides which implement of torture is in theme?  Having Linden homes be moderate is a good business decision and a compromise to keep the largest percentage of residents happy.

I'm not saying I don't think there should be an adult option or a general option.  I'm just saying I understand a business decision.

P.S. I personally wouldn't want to go trick-or-treating in the adult yards, but that might be REALLY fun for someone.  Quick!  Turn on the RLV 😄

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You CAN walk around naked in Bellisseria. You just can't have sex in your yard.  Now I get that's important to some people, however is it really that important to create a multitude of whole new regions with an A rating? Is it that important that you use your Ruckus sofa out on your front lawn? Isn't there anything better for the moles to work on than this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You CAN walk around naked in Bellisseria. You just can't have sex in your yard.  Now I get that's important to some people, however is it really that important to create a multitude of whole new regions with an A rating? Is it that important that you use your Ruckus sofa out on your front lawn? Isn't there anything better for the moles to work on than this? 

For all the "shaming" accusations that have been thrown towards people who want Adult rated Linden homes.  Here is a perfect example of the opposite.  Since its an activity you personally see no value in it must not be important to anyone else.  For some folks this is part of their fun and perhaps why they choose to come to Second Life instead of the immense failure of something like Sansar which PGed itself into being irrelevant.

The simple argument is still that variety of experiences for varieties of communities is always a good thing.  Should their be an Adult option in SL... yes... I would argue there should also be a General option too.  Make some General rated Linden homes too for people who don't even want to see naked avies ever.

People who live in moderate regions never even have to visit the adult ones and vice versa.  Gives everyone a little freedom in what they want.  Also there is a vast business of content creators making adult furniture that is outdoor furniture.  Things like swimming pools and hot tubs and lawn chairs... things you would not be able to or even want on the inside of your home or cooped up in some skybox.  There already is a TON of adult rated furniture in people's backyards all over Bellisseria and I bet a lot of it does indeed get very discreetly used, probably with the option to hide view from outside of the parcel.  Its not a matter of people wanting to put on a show for their neighbors but rather for people to have the freedom to fully use their parcel and the furniture they placed on it.

Speaking for myself only if I had an adult rated Linden Home i would certainly put that kind of furniture outdoors probably in my backyard and I probably would also have the hide view on.  But hide view according to linden lab is not enough to constitute the "behind closed doors" that Moderate policy requires.  So I suppose that is the other possibility. Maybe fine tune that policy and say clicking the "hide view" option in land preferences constitutes "behind closed doors."  Afterall at that point the only way someone sees you getting it on is some creepy neighbor who makes it their business to just walk into people's yards to spy on what they are doing.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moles

Without getting into the debate between those who do or do not enjoy "adult activities", keep in mind the technical aspects of building an Adult rated (or a complete General rated) Linden Homes is quite daunting. It's not as if everything can be cloned in 20 minutes, change a few region estate settings and Bob's your uncle. Adult regions cannot connect to the moderate and general regions of mainland. It would have to be its own separate land mass built for that purpose. On top of all that there is all the changes/testing/rollout to the website and home assignment system required so it can even be an option. All for what realistically amounts to little more than the ability for resident to be able to "do the deed" in plain view of passers by (or in the case of a general rating, removing the allowance of any adult content at all). While saying we could build one (or both) is theoretically true, just realize it's not that simple of a task as many might assume. It's actually a very huge ask.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Without getting into the debate between those who do or do not enjoy "adult activities", keep in mind the technical aspects of building an Adult rated (or a complete General rated) Linden Homes is quite daunting. It's not as if everything can be cloned in 20 minutes, change a few region estate settings and Bob's your uncle. Adult regions cannot connect to the moderate and general regions of mainland. It would have to be its own separate land mass built for that purpose. On top of all that there is all the changes/testing/rollout to the website and home assignment system required so it can even be an option. All for what realistically amounts to little more than the ability for resident to be able to "do the deed" in plain view of passers by (or in the case of a general rating, removing the allowance of any adult content at all). While saying we could build one (or both) is theoretically true, just realize it's not that simple of a task as many might assume. It's actually a very huge ask.

Abnor I don't think anyone including the OP ever imagined any of this is easy or would be something that is quick.  I think its just a general frustration that I imagine to some degree would exist in the General community too that their ideal living situation is not being met.  It does further complicate things when some people simply use the thread as a way to shame and invalidate an entire segment of SL culture that like it or not exists and is not going anywhere and yes is a big part of SL economy.

Plus I think that people from the adult community are getting rather tired of the old standard answer of "you have horizons (too expensive) and Zindra (too ugly) so you should be happy... so get back in your lane.  At least as a member of the adult community of SL that is how it often feels that slowly over time LL is allowing our part of the overall SL community be more and more shown that we are somehow less important.  And I kinda wonder too if the General community feels the same too cause I don't think there has been a whole lot of Love in the direction of building up that end of things either.  

I say this knowing and even conceding that Moderate probably constitutes the majority.  But heck even a cloned Squishy Pickle of Houseboats off the coast of Zindra with an adult rating would provide close to as many Linden Homes as there are expensive Horizon homes.  I dont think anyone would expect or even feel a need for the immense size and scope of Bellisseria.  Just a little something to say hey we have not forgotten our Adult and General rated users even in the Linden Home experience.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...