New for Men

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I picked it up for my male alt, and I agree with Skell.  The body is super flexible, and you can wear the Flex skins with the Fit body and vice versa.  I dialed Forg down several notches in some of the more extreme areas, but I like the body on him and I'll be interested to see how the creator support works out for it.

Kairo.Basic.png

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

I saw skins before that gave the look of a Dad bod. I'm sure there must be add on bellies too. 

It is also possible to create a dad bod look using shape sliders. For my Gianni body, I have two shapes, one aptly called "dad bod", while the other one I call it "skinny". :)

• Like 2

My fashionista days are behind me, so these are the few commonly used skins I recognize:

• Stray Dog, excellent faces but bland body skins. The improved bodies have yet to be released.
  • Session Skins, marginally improved body, but limited range of faces.
  • Not Found, a good range of faces and their defined, muscular bodies have made them the default choice.

When I was picking up the Inithium demo, there was talk of alternative skins being available from the upcoming event. If these skins can be worn on Legacy/Jake/Gianni, then it'll make for an interesting combination with Stray Dog's faces.

My thoughts on Kario is it's a sidegrade from Legacy Athletic, unless going full nuclear with Flex's muscle mass, my shapes end up fairly similar. The Not Found body skin works well on Kario too(an option for a less defined look), the only anomaly I caught was a horizontal seam just above the ankles.

For all the heat male bodies take on being overly muscular, there're actually few options for muscular skins. With Kario's upcoming selection of skins, 2022 will be the year of buff avatars.

• Thanks 1

I do not mind buff avatars when they do it right. It means do it to my taste. Fine, muscular men, but not going overboard with shoulders and torso. Like @Ajay McDowwlland her image here. It is muscular men like this we want. You can almost see who's female by the keyboard. Exception is Skell Dagger, who's in a class by himself among men.

I read his review and it is very clever made bodyskins, that you get when you buy these shapes. You can wear a bodyskin with almost all other skins in SL. (I said almost, not all) Because the body skin does not end in an edge around the neck, but is made as a tattoo that circle the face like a hood. Edges is feathered to blend in, and the seam is hidden under the chin and hairbase. It is skins like this that we need more of, not these "neck rings" that we use to try and hide the neck seam when we try to mix two skins.

Skell Dagger has photos of it where he exaggerate with a much darker skin first, and then he uses a skin that matches much better, and you can't see it is a different skin brand on the face. Seamless, flawless, I am in love with this idea. It is many skins where I prefer the body on one, and the face on another. So far, all we could use has been neck blenders.  https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4770

Edited by Marianne Little

4 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Hmm wouldn't call that "buff".. look's more like "toothpick" class with a bit feminine look..

The only thing muscular or buff about it to me is the skin.  He does seem on the slim side in my opinion.

There is overly muscular as in Mr. Bravo and then there is normal men with muscle definition.  It's the same with female shapes here.  Overly curvy (usually Kupra) and normal curvy where I put my avatar.  

The first pic is too much, the second is yummy.  Yeah, I like chest hair.

1429864479_R(37).thumb.jpeg.b1b5db61ccb9ef08999cbdde353eb671.jpeg267653230_R(38).jpeg.e2cf94da728feebdf663e870b7b1e5d3.jpeg

• Like 5

On 11/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, colleen Criss said:

Maybe we should ask for Dad bods or even Mom bods in the next new releases/new bodies. 

No. I don't trust a single skin creator to do it right. The last attempt at a dad bod had a buff body with a belly. Absolutely ridiculous and lazy work.

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not mind buff avatars when they do it right. It means do it to my taste. Fine, muscular men, but not going overboard with shoulders and torso. Like @Ajay McDowwlland her image here. It is muscular men like this we want. You can almost see who's female by the keyboard. Exception is Skell Dagger, who's in a class by himself among men.

I read his review and it is very clever made bodyskins, that you get when you buy these shapes. You can wear a bodyskin with almost all other skins in SL. (I said almost, not all) Because the body skin does not end in an edge around the neck, but is made as a tattoo that circle the face like a hood. Edges is feathered to blend in, and the seam is hidden under the chin and hairbase. It is skins like this that we need more of, not these "neck rings" that we use to try and hide the neck seam when we try to mix two skins.

Skell Dagger has photos of it where he exaggerate with a much darker skin first, and then he uses a skin that matches much better, and you can't see it is a different skin brand on the face. Seamless, flawless, I am in love with this idea. It is many skins where I prefer the body on one, and the face on another. So far, all we could use has been neck blenders.  https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4770

*hides*

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I only care for looks if you make a pass at me... I have brushed off many when I was in the mood for some adult action. Which is many years ago😇

Marianne I would appreciate some help with the avatar.. Shall we...

PROFILE1.thumb.png.e49d2f627e0bb28248cb1e52c50cf351.png

• Haha 3

On 10/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, Mr Amore said:

It's liked a buffed Gianni, I'll likely try one out.

Those hips are severe, it's one issue I couldn't deal with on Gianni.

If you think the hips are severe....wait until you see the nipples!!

Edited by JordonBanks

I have tried the demo....(pic below using my regular/usual skin and both KARIO bodies  - Fit on the left and the bigger Flex on the right) .....And for what it is worth here is my opinion.

• It is GREAT to have a new body for us men.  And you do get a nice choice of body types in one package.  Which for other bods you have to decide that up front.

• If you like muscular, exaggerated, caricatured male bods (in the same exaggerated

style the same creator did for women with their popular KUPRA body) then you are going to be very pleased)

• I really LIKE the fact this is BOM by default.  Something that has severely been lacking with the nearest equivalent body (ie AESTHETIC) (as a side note – it is beyond me why that AESTHETIC creator never updated that male body to BOM....and now it could be the demise of it frankly with this one coming out competing directly with it – especially if this new KARIO is adopted as widely by clothes creators likes the KUPRA body has been. anyway....)

• It is great too you can very easily use pretty much any existing head and skin with it, which was difficult with Aesthetic.  Doable, but tricky to get a good match.

• I am not so keen on the nipple options.  They just seem a bit too ‘cartoony’ to me.  But if that’s the look you are after you’ll love them – and they start ‘big’ and get ridiculously ‘bigger’.  Of course you can hide them (like I have done in my pic) or acquire/add your own.

• The hips / hip bone are also very VERY pronounced.  Not sure how keen I am personally on that.

• The amount of clothing out so far is of course minimal – but what I have seen so far looks promising.  PLUS Lelutka are launching a new male head, Jonathan, on 18 November. And targeted this new head very much at KARIO users.

Overall, I think this body will be very popular. Especially for existing Aesthetic users, or those legacy athletic users who pump that body up to the max.

Will I buy it?  …mmmm…perhaps…we’ll see

KARIO-JB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Eh, I checked his shape after the "chicken legs" epithet.  His calves are bigger than his biceps which is what I was making sure of; he's at 75 on the leg muscle slider.

I like his look, obviously, or I wouldn't have shaped him this way.  I'm always open for input, which is why I did go and check.  Could be the angle, don't know.  And as he's not dragging bait for any companions, male or female, I think he's going to do quite nicely :)

I'll be interested to see what you come up with, Nick.

2 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'd say the legs have a bit more meat than the chicken-legged Gianni. The booty is definitely a lot thiccker even with the slider at zero.

demokario.thumb.jpg.75417998b07f44f9cbe8597cf217fabe.jpg

They definitely do.  With Gianni I had to have the leg sliders at 100 just to avoid him looking like he was walking on toothpicks.  With Jake it's a lot easier (which is his default at this point).  Kario falls somewhere in the middle of that range, but with more defined musculature than either.

Seems to be a decent body especially for those who like muscular bodies it does have plenty of "room to play"... 

(Anyone who buys it will have to make a custom shape, the defaults are all garbage.)

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.5840db568a3f4d329e59e75a3cadfd94.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.