New for Men

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Paladin Tyran said:

John, is a joke. a very young kid smooth look on a rough body.

Yes, it doesn't fits the body at all and it also makes the head visually looking smaller in comparison to Skyler. My Partner deleted it quickly. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 1:07 AM, colleen Criss said:

So, how many of you bought this mesh body?

My partner bought Kario and made an separate outfit for it. It's for now kept in his inventory till there are some good clothes available. For now it's only good for the beach, for when i wear my kupra body :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I find your nipples quite ostentatious sir, they are the size of saucers.

I know, that's the smallest I could make them. Fit certainly has better nipples. 

Everything identical, FLEX body:

bb3c3c9b5a20587ad6c46e0c3fc68350.png

Same, with FIT body:

a9a35e454e726ac9757e5b441cda0e52.png

39 minutes ago, Bowlslaw said:

What? Are there other nipples?

.. of course (since forever) i got mine 7 years ago for my mesh project body when i used to fool around with human looking avatars, i am sure you have many more options these days..

Screenshot_2021-12-03_20-41-19.thumb.png.26325262a744d5803818a84b33d70825.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

.. of course (since forever) i got mine 7 years ago for my mesh project body when i used to fool around with human looking avatars, i am sure you have many more options these days..

Screenshot_2021-12-03_20-41-19.thumb.png.26325262a744d5803818a84b33d70825.png

And yours are ostentatious for a different reason. 😆

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Modulated said:

And yours are ostentatious for a different reason. 😆

They are supposed to be ostentatious!

(Ahhh.. the good ol' days when SL used to be fun, feels like a decade ago.. and it almost is.)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really am finding it harder and harder to get anything for men that doesn't look like monster.  (I am trying to help another newcomer friend to set up his look in SL) Just as the women have these deformed enormous uglybotties and improbable hips, now the monster-man he-beast-body seems to have taken yet another level in ridiculousness.  If I saw a man who looked like this in real life, I'd RUN.

For whatever reason, the 'fashion' is to look like a sex monster.  I suppose this drives commerce so we're unlikely to find normal human looking body.  I'd like to update my old style body, but the newer bodies, even by people who used to make 'normal' looking bodies are more and more extreme and they are rigged so they pretty much are designed to be deformed.  I won't call it muscular b/c I've never seen any man or woman who looked like this in reality, though there's some body builders that aim for looks that are similar and some comic books that reflect this look.

Is there a place in SL for people who don't fetishize their bodies into utter unreality?  I already had to make myself ridiculously tall and am still asked why I'm short...  I would love to try my hand at making a 'normal body' but I think there's no one out there who wants to buy one.  Interestingly, nearly all the people I hang out with in SL want 'normal' looks. 

You know.  Lean, fit looking and  slim with a little muscular definition... which is impossible to find for women and almost impossible to find for men. Women are supposed to be squishy and men are supposed to be apes. 

Sighs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

I really am finding it harder and harder to get anything for men that doesn't look like monster.  (I am trying to help another newcomer friend to set up his look in SL) Just as the women have these deformed enormous uglybotties and improbable hips, now the monster-man he-beast-body seems to have taken yet another level in ridiculousness.  If I saw a man who looked like this in real life, I'd RUN.

For whatever reason, the 'fashion' is to look like a sex monster.  I suppose this drives commerce so we're unlikely to find normal human looking body.  I'd like to update my old style body, but the newer bodies, even by people who used to make 'normal' looking bodies are more and more extreme and they are rigged so they pretty much are designed to be deformed.  I won't call it muscular b/c I've never seen any man or woman who looked like this in reality, though there's some body builders that aim for looks that are similar and some comic books that reflect this look.

Is there a place in SL for people who don't fetishize their bodies into utter unreality?  I already had to make myself ridiculously tall and am still asked why I'm short...  I would love to try my hand at making a 'normal body' but I think there's no one out there who wants to buy one.  Interestingly, nearly all the people I hang out with in SL want 'normal' looks. 

You know.  Lean, fit looking and  slim with a little muscular definition... which is impossible to find for women and almost impossible to find for men. Women are supposed to be squishy and men are supposed to be apes. 

Sighs.

There are numerous places in SL where people go for a more realistic look. All tend toward a perfection we we only see in the  movies. But, they strive for correct human proportions.

Look in this section of the forum for What does your avatar look like today/now and check out the images. IM people and ask where they hang out. Plus there are numerous posts about where to find the components for a male look that works for you. A good starting place is Skell's Virtual Bloke.

There is probably a thread in here about what women like in regard to make avatars. I know there are several on what they don't like... But I can find the "I Like" thread.

Most male bodies will allow you to adjust shape from small to massive. A few are made specifically for 'massive'. I think those often look like a shaved gorilla.

• Like 1

where can I find simple male skin (not femboy) that isn't 'he man'?  Some of the old system skins are like this, but of course, they have system toes and fingers - and they are getting harder to find.  And of course, some are just old and crudely made. 

Not every man wants to look like a body builder, angry ape or a sex worker.

27 minutes ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

where can I find simple male skin (not femboy) that isn't 'he man'?  Some of the old system skins are like this, but of course, they have system toes and fingers - and they are getting harder to find.  And of course, some are just old and crudely made. 

Not every man wants to look like a body builder, angry ape or a sex worker.

Try Not Found.  They have different types of male skins.  This is an older pick but he's updated most to BOM.

@Not Found - Body Applier

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.