New for Men

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Further info:
Kario Mesh Body. 2 mesh body in 1. Kario Flex is a bodybuilder and Kario Fit is athletic guy. You can also play with skins and erar Kario Fit on Kario Flex to have middle way. We offer Kario at 3999 L$ with preorder in this channel open november 1, Kario is Bom. Kario is HD but low complexity. Kario will ahve also 3 mesh nipples, 3 nails type for hands and feet with 16 colors and many other...

Further previews:

eebe4b35c8cfd53560bd84d245b857ee.png

1313e0ba59ef4f837ecd890e1f986e3f.png

I've cropped the above preview images to show only the torso (the originals show the body down to the knees and are NSFW) but on each image the Kario Flex body is shown on the left, and the Kario Fit is shown on the right. Of note from the above info is "2 mesh body in 1" which appears to suggest that it's a single purchase to get both bodies.

Kario Fit appears to be a middle-ground between Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake, and if it picks up traction then it could sound the death knell for Gianni, which has been slowly losing clothing support among some creators.

Kario Flex may win over the Aesthetic crowd. AFAIK, Aesthetic is not (and possibly will not be) updated for BoM, and the Flex body (when you view the full images) is much more proportionate for a muscular male body than Aesthetic (at least, than Aesthetic out of the box; I'm well aware that some AES owners have worked hard on their shapes and done great things with it, but the majority of AES users seem to stick to the maxed-out defaults).

Like others, I have a few reservations about it. The excessively-developed inguinal crease and mons pubis are my main quibbles. The butt is also very rounded (if you thought that Jake had a bubblebutt, wait until you see these ones), and - of course, there's the manboobs (was originally 'manwordthatrhymeswithbits' but ah, the forum censor didnt like that) but deformers exist for a reason. And, while I don't think deformers will be able to reduce the inguinal crease, that and the mons pubis are mostly only going to be seen while naked, so ehh...

Overall, even though this is far more muscular than I would usually opt for, I'm going to pre-order it because I think the Fit body is something I may be able to work with, if only on a temporary basis for blogging.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Attaching fingernails and nipples will be a new experience for many men and not a development I'm thrilled about! I like my easy-mode male bodies.

The shape of Kario Fit seems similar to Legacy Athletic, I wouldn't go through the trauma of changing bodies just for that. But I'll be buying it for Kario Flex and the RP characters it could make. Aesthetic is dated now, with so little support I've been unable to use it for years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Amore said:

Attaching fingernails and nipples will be a new experience for many men and not a development I'm thrilled about! I like my easy-mode male bodies.

I doubt very much that you'll have to attach any add-ons. The nipple and nail options will likely be clickable choices on the body's HUD, much as they are on the Maitreya Lara HUD. Set up your preference once (assuming you don't like the out-of-the-box options) and you're done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I doubt very much that you'll have to attach any add-ons. The nipple and nail options will likely be clickable choices on the body's HUD, much as they are on the Maitreya Lara HUD. Set up your preference once (assuming you don't like the out-of-the-box options) and you're done.

don't know about that. i don't think, at any male body in SL someone looked and thought "i need better nipples".

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Paladin Tyran said:

don't know about that. i don't think, at any male body in SL someone looked and thought "i need better nipples".

You might change your mind on that if you take a very close look at how puffy the nipples are on the first image (the body advert) on this post. Those will be the first things I change, if they're the defaults.

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

You might change your mind on that if you take a very close look at how puffy the nipples are on the first image 

That is a starting gynecomastia the result of steroid abuse. At least it is realistic because without steroid you can't archive a body like this. 

• Like 1

People who are looking for something muscular to replace Aesthetic should wait for this one. I wonder if it has the new neck fit? Paying 4000 without even trying a demo? Mmm... not me, but my alts are not looking for a new body.

2 bodies in one is a very nice selling point. I wonder if apparel designers will make clothes for both versions, or pick one?

Since Kupra gained support so super fast, I have hope for this body to do the same. The brand knows what it is doing in marketing and to bring apparel creators in from the start.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

People who are looking for something muscular to replace Aesthetic should wait for this one. I wonder if it has the new neck fit? Paying 4000 without even trying a demo? Mmm... not me, but my alts are not looking for a new body.

2 bodies in one is a very nice selling point. I wonder if apparel designers will make clothes for both versions, or pick one?

Since Kupra gained support so super fast, I have hope for this body to do the same. The brand knows what it is doing in marketing and to bring apparel creators in from the start.

Your marketing is only as good as your product. Kupra had its run and I don’t see this male body taking off at all. It’s just a slimmed down version of Skings Bull Body. It caters to a small crowd. That’s it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

Even his back has abs! 😂

64EB66D2-A2A2-4F79-B362-68E0FD55E7E6.jpeg

Yeah, looking at muscle anatomy, those back abs should not be there. Even extremely well developed bodybuilders, cut for competition conditions, do not display such well developed back abs muscles.

BodybuildingContest.jpg

BackViewMuscleDiagram.jpg

Edited by Echelon Alcott
  • Like 2

I'm sure there will be a market for these bodies. Let's see what the level of adoption will be for content creators.

A question for the ladies: when Kupra came out, did you have to purchase a whole new wardrobe specifically for that new body, or did content creators release their existing clothing items with Kupra support, and you were able to get a redelivery of your existing clothing with an extra fitting rigged for Kupra?

2 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

I'm sure there will be a market for these bodies. Let's see what the level of adoption will be for content creators.

A question for the ladies: when Kupra came out, did you have to purchase a whole new wardrobe specifically for that new body, or did content creators release their existing clothing items with Kupra support, and you were able to get a redelivery of your existing clothing with an extra fitting rigged for Kupra?

I don't own the Kupra but quite a few of the merchants whose items I already own have been sending updates or a notice telling us to get redeliveries if we want an update to include Kupra.  Those that haven't done so, are now including Kupra with new releases.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:20 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Kario Fit appears to be a middle-ground between Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake, and if it picks up traction then it could sound the death knell for Gianni, which has been slowly losing clothing support among some creators.

I'd greatly appreciate if the community would help me understand the reason content creators are dropping support for Gianni. I've heard this a number of times, but I don't understand the rationale behind it.

There was a post a couple of months old (unfortunately I cannot find it again) which had the statistics on the most popular mesh bodies in SL. For male avatars, Gianni was by far the most popular body. So why would content creators consciously alienate a major market segment? What do they have to gain from such position?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it will take at least half a year till enough clothes, skins and all the other things like bodyhair etc. will be available as its always going much more slow for men. Besides, the Inithium Body for Men will be more a niche product like Aesthetic was and be much more slow because of that too. My partner said "no, thanks" as he is mostly fully dressed and doesn't wants to go again on the hunt for all the little pieces needed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I took the Kario demo body for a short test drive. As a guy, I'd say that I liked it. So, first impressions:

• it is great that with one single body, you can attain two very different body shapes/looks
  • for the individuals that prefer mesh nipples, it comes with it out-of-the-box (optional), which in my view is a big win for consumers
  • the HUD seems clear and easy to use; not sure how people who are used to appliers will react to the lack of it in this HUD, and what will the impact be on difficult-to-hide-skin-areas clothing that does not come with alpha layers
  • Kario Flex might spell the death of Niramyth Aesthetic, as that body does not provide BOM support and Kario Flex has the potential to satisfy the needs of the Aesthetic audience
  • in terms of ARC (BTW I totally understand it is not a reliable metric), it is a bit better compared to Jake, and superior compared to Gianni
  • the Kario Fit shapes provided out-of-the-box were absolutely not to my liking

Below are a few shots taken with the Kario Fit demo, my (Belleza Jake) shape and the skin I'm currently wearing (which does not back abs :D). You might notice that the front top of my system layer underwear looks a bit funny in Kario, compared to when I wear it on Jake or Gianni.

211111Snapshot_007.thumb.png.2e8acf4620bd8bdca9864923652ba9e6.png211111Snapshot_005.thumb.png.bbac3d47c769b5654df77de706e17b38.png211111Snapshot_004.thumb.png.4634afb31cf7d109d337dd6aae923cd2.png211111Snapshot_003.thumb.png.adc3152bdff968c748006892fff513ed.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, Echelon Alcott said:

I took the Kario demo body for a short test drive. As a guy, I'd say that I liked it. So, first impressions:

• it is great that with one single body, you can attain two very different body shapes/looks
  • for the individuals that prefer mesh nipples, it comes with it out-of-the-box (optional), which in my view is a big win for consumers
  • the HUD seems clear and easy to use; not sure how people who are used to appliers will react to the lack of it in this HUD, and what will the impact be on difficult-to-hide-skin-areas clothing that does not come with alpha layers
  • Kario Flex might spell the death of Niramyth Aesthetic, as that body does not provide BOM support and Kario Flex has the potential to satisfy the needs of the Aesthetic audience
  • in terms of ARC (BTW I totally understand it is not a reliable metric), it is a bit better compared to Jake, and superior compared to Gianni
  • the Kario Fit shapes provided out-of-the-box were absolutely not to my liking

Below are a few shots taken with the Kario Fit demo, my (Belleza Jake) shape and the skin I'm currently wearing (which does not back abs :D). You might notice that the front top of my system layer underwear looks a bit funny in Kario, compared to when I wear it on Jake or Gianni.

211111Snapshot_007.thumb.png.2e8acf4620bd8bdca9864923652ba9e6.png211111Snapshot_005.thumb.png.bbac3d47c769b5654df77de706e17b38.png211111Snapshot_004.thumb.png.4634afb31cf7d109d337dd6aae923cd2.png211111Snapshot_003.thumb.png.adc3152bdff968c748006892fff513ed.png

Is there a YUM icon?

On 10/16/2021 at 8:14 AM, Sid Nagy said:

There is a huge market for female bodies with unrealistic exaggerations.
So why not for males?

I'm fine with all of it, as long as I don't have to wear them.

For guys there seems to be only one part they want to exaggerate. And that is definitely often exaggerated. I don't think they have been neglected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Skell Daggerhas posted his review, and wow, he can transform a refrigerator into a Greek God. 🤩

I am surprised about how much he liked it. "If you want my brief initial impressions, before you get to the details, they are as follows: this is a fantastic body, which – with a bit of work on the shape – can go from the lean musculature of Jake, through the slightly more gym-ready Gianni, and all the way up to the bulk of Aesthetic. "

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4770

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.