New for Men

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, June Starlight said:

Would understand if that would be directed at Legacy body creators. But what TMP situation has to do with Inthium? Two very different groups of creators, no? I am so confused.

You don't need to understand anything my dear when it comes to my money.

You are welcome to gift it to me if you like it that much though and at the same time support the creator.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

Are you assuming that the most 'human' looking bodies, are the ones that are going to most peak 'everyones' interest?  Each to their own in SL is what I say .. That's what makes it so great.  The freedom to create..and be and look however you want.  Realistic or not - human or not.  It matters none, but to those that create.  (and for what it's worth..i prefer the second one, because it looks a little different.  How boring a world  - both real and virtual - would be if we all looked and thought the same way) 🙂

Dont come at me with that "people prefer non humans" crap. As someone who is rarely human I know just how much they do prefer non humans. Of course someone who is shopping for a human av wants it to look human. Dont be silly. 

"Hmmm, i have $5000L to spend on a realistic human looking av. OH LOOK this one looks like a freakish Neanderthal with hyper muscles!!! JUST WHAT I WANTED!!!!" Said no one ever. 

Seeing as its marketed as a human body. One would hope it would look remotely realistic. Its funny that the body they show in their ad isnt the shape they give you. I wonder why that is. 

You seriously sound like you are being paid to push this body on people. 

For someone who has only been in SL for less than a year, you have some big thoughts on how things used to be. They arent factual, but you have some ideas. 

You cant remember when the first meshes came out, or even when the surge of mesh bodies came out. There were clones everywhere. Everyone had the newest body and most everyone looked the same. 

Big whoop, someone made a new male body. There wont be clothing for it. Men dont matter in SL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

"Hmmm, i have $5000L to spend on a realistic human looking av. OH LOOK this one looks like a freakish Neanderthal with hyper muscles!!! JUST WHAT I WANTED!!!!" Said no one ever. 

Seeing as its marketed as a human body. One would hope it would look remotely realistic. Its funny that the body they show in their ad isnt the shape they give you. I wonder why that is. 

And again, you are trying to impose what you like/don't like on others - and speaking for them.  let others choose what and how they want to be and look - and assume nothing - and judge less.  Isn't that what SL is about. ?

What is 'realistic' to you - may be very different to what someone else's reality is.  Let them do them, and you do you 🙂

You seriously sound like you are being paid to push this body on people. 

For someone who has only been in SL for less than a year, you have some big thoughts on how things used to be. They arent factual, but you have some ideas. 

I can assure you I have absolutely no connection with this body producer - and i don't care if people get it or not.  in fact In my mini review a few posts up, I feel I gave a very balanced personal opinion - the pros and cons in my opinion.  And that's exactly what is it - my own opinion.  I am allowed one aren't I?

Which brings me on to the next ridiculous thing you have said today.  About the fact I have 'some very big thoughts' despite only 'being in SL for a year'.  Can you clarify?  I was unaware there was a time limit before I was allowed to have and share an opinion?  Please let me know when the official time of being in SL is then, before I am allowed to speak my thoughts???

Big whoop, someone made a new male body. There wont be clothing for it. Men dont matter in SL.

And to finish off, I just have to say you gotta LOVE your positivity about SL and its creators.  (Not!). 

And regards your final statement about 'Men don't matter in SL' - LOL.  Well ...I am not quite sure what to say back to that...other than perhaps, take a chill pill, put some music on, and in the words of the late great James Brown, remember....""This is a man's world, this is a man's world  - But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl ""  🙂

Edited by JordonBanks
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

And again, you are trying to impose what you like/don't like on others - and speaking for them.  let others choose what and how they want to be and look - and assume nothing - and judge less.  Isn't that what SL is about. ?

What is 'realistic' to you - may be very different to what someone else's reality is.  Let them do them, and you do you 🙂

Realistic is a thing, what i think is realistic looking would probably jive with 99% of people. You know, realistic as in someone you could actually see in the real world. 

13 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

I can assure you I have absolutely no connection with this body producer - and i don't care if people get it or not.  in fact In my mini review a few posts up, I feel I gave a very balanced personal opinion - the pros and cons in my opinion.  And that's exactly what is it - my own opinion.  I am allowed one aren't I?

Never said you weren't. Apparently anyone else isnt allowed one by you. 

13 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

Which brings me on to the next ridiculous thing you have said today.  About the fact I have 'some very big thoughts' despite only 'being in SL for a year'.  Can you clarify?  I was unaware there was a time limit before I was allowed to have and share an opinion?  Please let me know when the official time of being in SL is then, before I am allowed to speak my thoughts???

Very big thoughts... ON HOW THINGS USED TO BE.  Try quoting the full statement. You weren't here when mesh first hit the grid. Yet you seem t think you know how it was back then. Thats along the lines of someone telling a WW1 vet how things were in the trenches yet only being 21 years old. 

16 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

And to finish off, I just have to say you gotta LOVE your positivity about SL and its creators.  (Not!). 

And regards your final statement about 'Men don't matter in SL' - LOL.  Well ...I am not quite sure what to say back to that...other than perhaps, take a chill pill, put some music on, and in the words of the late great James Brown, remember....""This is a man's world, this is a man's world  - But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl ""  🙂

Take a look at the marketplace. Try being in SL for over 10 years and watching mens clothing fade out and drift by the wayside. There are over 2.5 million female articles of clothing on the MP and less than 400K mens. Yeah, men matter a whole lot when it comes to clothing in SL.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Dont worry Nick, if you really really really want to look like a freak, I will start a gofundme for you.

Drake i am left speechless by your kindness and if you know me that's saying a lot! Thank you so much, i appreciate it.

(meanwhile)

smoUfIK.gif

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

I don't feel he/she needs any further help on that front. 🤪

Nick right now is an asexual Cyborg so it is "it" but sure i can turn it to a Freak too. It's very easy these days young man.

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.01ecf6f544559afb11a81b5ee9a7e2e1.png

Edited by Nick0678

So my opinion is that if I made a meshbody, I would sell it cheap at least the first month. 

You may say that it is underselling your creation, and it is worth so much more. You should get paid for all the hard work. But only if you see it in a short time perspective. The people who pick up the body while it is on sale, is like walking advertisements.

The more residents with a new mesh body, the more clothes and accessories will be made for it. I am sure that the designers keep an eye om "mesh body surveys". It is a big incentive to include sizes for the top 3-4 bodies, instead of the ones down on the list.

So when your body has enough content in the market, it is time to raise the price and lean back and enjoy the money floating in. You have sold in your brand to both customers and creators. I would still suggest you pick a sweet price that undercut the biggest competition. Every sale you get, is one sale they miss. More popularity for your brand. Have sales in between. Have contests where the prize is a free body. Make people talk about it.

Why are Lelutka filled with avatars every time I go there? They have done just that. Undercut Catwas prices, who used to have the biggest customer group. I am sure the lower price of Lelutka has paid itself back.

And get out as many creator kits as fast as possible. That is number one. Make it easy. No need to apply. Some will make ugly stuff for the body, so what? The market decides what sells. When a customer have bought your body, let him dress it as he want.

You should also create some clothes for it. Since you made this fabulous body, you can make fabulous clothes. And get in the Weekend sales, and sell for 50 or 75 L the weekend, and raise the price to the normal later. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:32 AM, Rowan Amore said:

I just noticed this new body coming out in November.  It will be interesting to see if it gets the same support the female version has gotten.  

November 18th

I’d… take him for a ride. That’ll get rid of some cobwebs for sure. ❤️

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

You may say that it is underselling your creation, and it is worth so much more. You should get paid for all the hard work. But only if you see it in a short time perspective. The people who pick up the body while it is on sale, is like walking advertisements.

The more residents with a new mesh body, the more clothes and accessories will be made for it. I am sure that the designers keep an eye om "mesh body surveys". It is a big incentive to include sizes for the top 3-4 bodies, instead of the ones down on the list.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I would still suggest you pick a sweet price that undercut the biggest competition. Every sale you get, is one sale they miss. More popularity for your brand.

I believe this is exactly what Belleza is doing at the moment, offering 50% discount on their mesh bodies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Looking Good!

Kario

I like the robust waist, he does not look like he will break in two. Good muscle balance between torso and legs. The head looks a bit tiny, but I can't blame the body for that.

Yes, I will not complain if this body replaces Aesthetic. Better than Aesthetic by a mile.

• Like 2

The Not Found skins are at the Inithium event, which opened today. I didn't see any other variants of the Kario skin which are supposedly in the works.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Inithium Event/135/88/22

The Kario body is priced at 3999. At the event stand there's no mention of the 'starter pack' listed in the flickr promo.

Edited by Mr Amore
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.