New for Men

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

If you think the hips are severe....wait until you see the nipples!!

For the first time in my SL I was tweaking the nipple aesthetics. With 12 styles and 3 swell levels, it's a mind boggling 36 nipples by default. The highest swell setting is a borderline lactation experience.

I know, I can feel the envy from female body users already.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

• I really LIKE the fact this is BOM by default.  Something that has severely been lacking with the nearest equivalent body (ie AESTHETIC) (as a side note – it is beyond me why that AESTHETIC creator never updated that male body to BOM....and now it could be the demise of it frankly with this one coming out competing directly with it – especially if this new KARIO is adopted as widely by clothes creators likes the KUPRA body has been. anyway....)

The Aesthetic body does not use the SLuv, it can not be made BOM. 

Have you seen ANY male body have a clothing line for it blow up like a female mesh body does? I havent. Male clothing is an afterthought in SL. I wish i could make my own in blender but it hurts my brain. And sadly most full perm creators make very very few male items.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

It can, if it's an issue of using too many channels it might use a universal layer, or if it has more channels than that, be re-mapped from scratch (which would be a bit of a PITA, but entirely doable). A system layer doesn't need to follow the SLUV, it's just restricted to having 3 channels (1 of which is generally claimed by heads, so, 2 channels practically). 

I've only heard it second hand, but I've heard it repeated a lot, that the owner doesn't intend on updating it to be BOM compatible - if that's true, well, I'd get why, but it is putting an expiration date on the body which could have been avoided. Then again, I don't know how many new sales they could expect, especially not if they did it as a free update for existing users.

Besides, I don't know if I would expect the Aesthetic user base to feel as if BOM alone is enough incentive to make the switch to Kario; their wardrobes and all their stuff would be incompatible, and it would be like starting at square 1. And with how little menswear is being made to begin with, and how slowly creators might update their old stock to be compatible with Kario, it would be a daunting prospect to do the swap. And it might be a bit of generalisation, but I don't feel as if the average Aesthetic user comes off as an avant-garde fashionista ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

It can, if it's an issue of using too many channels it might use a universal layer, or if it has more channels than that, be re-mapped from scratch (which would be a bit of a PITA, but entirely doable). A system layer doesn't need to follow the SLUV, it's just restricted to having 3 channels (1 of which is generally claimed by heads, so, 2 channels practically). 

It is 13 textures for one skin. He would have to completely remap it, which i can hardly see him doing as unless it was a free update I cant see many if any users rebuying it for 3500L. 

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

I've only heard it second hand, but I've heard it repeated a lot, that the owner doesn't intend on updating it to be BOM compatible - if that's true, well, I'd get why, but it is putting an expiration date on the body which could have been avoided. Then again, I don't know how many new sales they could expect, especially not if they did it as a free update for existing users.

He has stated he will not be updating it to BOM. HE is currently working on a new set of mesh human bodies that will be less... Jacked. One male and one female.

I do really wish there was more male clothing out there.. 

367,482 male items of apparel on the MP 

as compared to

2,515,068 female items. 

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

367,482 male items of apparel on the MP 

We are lucky to even have that many. Did you forget back in the old days when we couldn't even find a pair of decent pants for the avatars,

SL was always dominated by female products.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I don't know the specifics/technicals...but either way, I just can't understand why this creator didn't see what was coming down the tracks, and re-invent the AESTHETIC body style they have become famous for, and come up with an alternative, more modernised (and BOM based) version....

It's almost like when despite what was happening in the world of photograophy, KODAK not coming up with a digital version of their famous line up of film based cameras, when they could see clearly the rest of the world was changing ...and look what happened to them!

It's a shame...and I like the AESTHETIC body, I honestly do.   But if the time comes for me to want to buy a muscular / bulky type body...I am going to be going with the BOM based KARIO...100%

Edited by JordonBanks
typo

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Besides, I don't know if I would expect the Aesthetic user base to feel as if BOM alone is enough incentive to make the switch to Kario; their wardrobes and all their stuff would be incompatible, and it would be like starting at square 1

This is very true.  HOWEVER From what I see/hear, creators have pretty much stopped making new stuff for Aesthetic.  So all the current line up of clothes available are looking very, very dated (to me). 

I have SL friends who are so frustrated that they have such a limited wardrobe available for their Enzo bodies.  So not sure they'd be that bothered in holding on to the body, because of the amount of clothes they already have for it,  cuz they don't have much, and what they do have is very dated mostly.

53 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

It is 13 textures for one skin. He would have to completely remap it, which i can hardly see him doing as unless it was a free update I cant see many if any users rebuying it for 3500L. 

The KARIO preorder (at $3999 ) was limited to 500 - and sold out in less than a day.  So clearly there is a market for people wanting to buy $3000+ bodies.  I think if it was a total BOM redesign, then AETHETIC users would consider buying. (and I don't believe they'd expect it to be a free update).

Many did when Legacy bought out the Athletic version - and that was an another (off top of my head) $5000

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

I don't know the specifics/technicals...but either way, I just can't understand why this creator didn't see what was coming down the tracks, and re-invent the AESTHETIC body style they have become famous for, and come up with an alternative, more modernised (and BOM based) version....

The Aesthetic body came out at least 8 years ago. BOM came out 2 years ago.. That would have to have been one hell of a crystal ball.

48 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

It's almost like when despite what was happening in the world of photograophy, KODAK not coming up with a digital version of their famous line up of film based cameras, when they could see clearly the rest of the world was changing ...and look what happened to them!

Kodak was one of the pioneers in digital photography. I worked in a camera shop when digital started and they had one of the first. They are still in business, I think you mean Polaroid.

39 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

The KARIO preorder (at $3999 ) was limited to 500 - and sold out in less than a day.  So clearly there is a market for people wanting to buy $3000+ bodies.  I think if it was a total BOM redesign, then AETHETIC users would consider buying. (and I don't believe they'd expect it to be a free update).

Many did when Legacy bought out the Athletic version - and that was an another (off top of my head) $5000

wait, if the preorder was 4K how much will the release be? I know i wont be spending 5K for a body. 

Ohh.,, 4000L$. Thanks but no thanks, already made that mistake with TMP many years ago.

(As usual in SL, creators selling shiit for gold.)

5 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I remember when the only clothing available was painted on the body. 

Don't like to remember those  days...

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The Aesthetic body came out at least 8 years ago. BOM came out 2 years ago.. That would have to have been one hell of a crystal ball.

I don't think you will have needed 'telepathic powers' to have realised a year ago - or even six months ago, that BOM is going to be pretty much a 'must have feature' of any body.  (name me just one other popular body that has not adapted their bodies to accomodate BOM?)  It didn't take any mind reading powers - just good business accumen, and the ability to understand the changing marketplace.

Kodak was one of the pioneers in digital photography. I worked in a camera shop when digital started and they had one of the first. They are still in business, I think you mean Polaroid.

Ahhh yes Polaroid went bust, and had to sell their 'brand' for next to nothing.  However Kodak also made a massive error, by telling the employee who invented the digital camera in the seventies to 'keep quiet about it' - and it cost them decades of financial issues because they denied adapting to the changing market towards digital - despite having actually coming up with it in first place.  And that failure by Kodak to not to adapt is often used in business schools to demonstrate how dominant companies fail to not keep up with changing trends. (https://www.forbes.com/sites/chunkamui/2012/01/18/how-kodak-failed/) 

wait, if the preorder was 4K how much will the release be? I know i wont be spending 5K for a body. 

Release price is the same as the pre-order price.  And It's now 18th Nov. And I am going to put my money where my mouth is, and buy it.

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Ohh.,, 4000L$. Thanks but no thanks, already made that mistake with TMP many years ago.

(As usual in SL, creators selling shiit for gold.)

What???  Your are joking/trolling right?  You honestly begrudge paying the very people that make SL what it is - ie 'The Creators' and The Creative Community of SL a measly 12 bucks for reward for their creativity/effort/initiative and hard work.???

To call what these people do, 's**t, and for putting themselves out there to be critised like that, is just so unfair...and you know it!!  Come on, give these people a break.  Without them doing what they do...we WOULD still be all looking like something out of a 1980s Atari video game!!!

We should applaud them for moving us forward, and creating competition. Not calling what they do 'S**t', or suggesting they are ripping people off. 

Edited by JordonBanks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

What???  Your are joking/trolling right?  You honestly begrudge paying the very people that make SL what it is - ie 'The Creators' and The Creative Community of SL a measly 12 bucks for reward for their creativity/effort/initiative and hard work.???

To call what these people do, 's**t, and for putting themselves out there to be critised like that, is just so unfair...and you know it!!  Come on, give these people a break.  Without them doing what they do...we WOULD still be all looking like something out of a 1980s Atari video game!!!

We should applaud them for moving us forward, and creating competition. Not calling what they do 'S**t', or suggesting they are ripping people off. 

why should it be joking? Did you experience the greed of TMP? .. YEARS of raking money in, no development, no support, nothing nothing nothing... but keep the store open, tricking nearly all new players to get their stuff... sorry but that is not bringing anythin forward than the own wallet.

Applaud for who?... yes they make things, but without the customers buying it, design means nothingin SL. So please stop your one way crusade. They also created a lot of crap, for example the refusement to optimise .. or lack of support, lousy fit, or taking years to update to body updates.
It's not all "halleluia" at the creators side.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

applaud for who?... yes they make things, but without the customers buying it, design means nothingin SL

ha ha ha...'design means nothing in SL'  that is hilarious. That is so ridiculously out of touch, that I am gonna use that in my signature.  Man, you just don't get it do you? - and despite your years of experience in SL too. You clearly still  don't understand that in SL Design is EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by JordonBanks
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

ha ha ha...'design means nothing in SL'  that is hilarious. That is so ridiculously out of touch, that I am gonna use that in my signature.  Man, you just don't get it do you? - and despite your years of experience in SL too. You clearly still  don't undersatnd that in SL Design is EVERYTHING!!!

it is NOTHING without buyers.

people can be the ultimate artist in design and creation, but if they don't sell aything, they run a museum.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, June Starlight said:

Would understand if that would be directed at Legacy body creators. But what TMP situation has to do with Inthium? Two very different groups of creators, no? I am so confused.

Yes, you and me both.  I think he/she is trying to make some kind of point, that because of a bad experience he or she had in spendiing a few real world dollars on something over 8 yrs ago, that now for some reason, anything else new that comes out that also costs a few RL dollars is going to be equally as 's**t' and done just to 'rip buyers off' somehow.  Well I think that's the point he/she is trying to make.  Not sure I quite get it either !! LOL

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it is NOTHING without buyers.

people can be the ultimate artist in design and creation, but if they don't sell aything, they run a museum.

But they have buyers.  it just feels like based on something that happened to you 8 yrs+ ago when you spent a few dollars on a product, you've just decided to not be one, by the sounds of it??  But lets not assume your opinion on buying / pricing / quality...is the same as everyone elses 🙂

54 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

ok.. Default bodies, default shapes. Which one peaks your interest? Which one actually looks human?

Aesthetic_004.png

kario.png

Are you assuming that the most 'human' looking bodies, are the ones that are going to most peak 'everyones' interest?  Each to their own in SL is what I say .. That's what makes it so great.  The freedom to create..and be and look however you want.  Realistic or not - human or not.  It matters none, but to those that create.  (and for what it's worth..i prefer the second one, because it looks a little different.  How boring a world  - both real and virtual - would be if we all looked and thought the same way) 🙂

Edited by JordonBanks
Typo

4 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

... still it's shiite for gold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

.... which reminds me that most creators in SL are far from being "ultimate" yet they still will sell "shiit for gold".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.