Let's Hate Windows 11

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like with every Microsoft release, I will wait until they get the kinks out.  I clung to 7 until i bought a new laptop which had 10, managing to skip over the nightmare 8 and don't even recall, was there ever a 9?.  My desktop stayed with 7 until things stopped running on it, when I finally caved and installed 10.  I'm still not thrilled with 10 and I don't even want to think about 11.

5 hours ago, TDD123 said:

Debian-stable running on Windows 11 ... 😮

deb9_win11.png.3df5c570300365baaba86e5ad68b54aa.png

... I think I need a break .... :|

That is an abomination.. i 'm joking actually WSL is very useful for developers.

------------

Regardless ... this was my favorite version. oops.

win-error-error.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Like with every Microsoft release, I will wait until they get the kinks out.  I clung to 7 until i bought a new laptop which had 10, managing to skip over the nightmare 8 and don't even recall, was there ever a 9?.  My desktop stayed with 7 until things stopped running on it, when I finally caved and installed 10.  I'm still not thrilled with 10 and I don't even want to think about 11.

There was never a 9. That's  because Bill Gates can't count.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

There was never a 9. That's  because Bill Gates can't count.

I have a favorite T shirt that says,

How to Count to 10 in Software: 1, 2, 3, NT, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10

Next week I can turn Windows up to 11!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have a favorite T shirt that says,

How to Count to 10 in Software: 1, 2, 3, NT, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10

Next week I can turn Windows up to 11!

Forgot WindowsME...  (major flop)

Windows-Me.jpg

• Like 2

I love Linux, used it constantly for 20 years, but it's always hilarious to me when someone is like "I don't need the hassle of Linux" and Linux people are like oh just do these 11 arcane things and it works GREAT. What's your driver version? OH you need 0123534527.8 not 012354526.0.1...  Point taken

• Like 2

Eventually, I'll setup a dualboot.  For now I am only working with a 128gb SSD drive.  I will stick with windows for some games or apps, but I like to have an operating system I can tinker around with - even if half of the time I goof it up.

Chicago 95 fills me with nostalgia, I doubt it would be my main theme, but I have enjoyed XFCE in the past so it shouldn't be too difficult to swap around if I want.

175835-1.png

I can imagine playing around with dosbox a lot in the above though - I would have to get the right start menu button though.

I've tried to play around with WSL, but it goofs around with virtualizing on virtualbox and I would rather have fast emulation than WSL, plus I was not a fan of remoting into linux on my own machine, it would get slow.  

So far Windows 11 appears to be more or less like Windows 10, at least from what little research I have done.  I did not like the start menu being stuck in the middle, and I usually arrange the taskbar to the top of the screen.  I think that can be changed now.  By 2025 I imagine I will have gotten a new laptop to replace this one, at least I hope so this thing is already about four years old.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Chicago 95 fills me with nostalgia, I doubt it would be my main theme, but I have enjoyed XFCE in the past so it shouldn't be too difficult to swap around if I want.

Go for it.

(XFCE here as well, nice and clean, no extra MS nonsense.)

2cYyPyG.thumb.jpeg.e7927f878be6c7f90cbd462dd015454f.jpeg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.