Let's Hate Windows 11

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I installed WIn 11 about 2 weeks  ago. Super easy process. Zero issues with the install or since. Ok a few irritating UI changes . just changes for the sake of changing something, but otherwise, really no difference performance wise between Win 11 and Win 10

I have a core i7-10700k, btw, Just went into bios and switched on TPM easy peasy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

But most people are not linux developers, and really when they clicked install on your program, all of these things should have been sorted out for them. They should not need to launch a terminal and type in things in a computer language only some people understand.

Ahhh .. yes we could make something like an easy SLife Client installer/options menu for those who are not familiar/comfortable with "terminal" commands.

7534f3eccfe20d246394f05f7620bced.gif

Screenshot_2021-10-19_13-55-53.png.109c5b8e0929b7e268b0f23e1a2c839a.png

Nahhh... fk em (/me puts his earbuds on)

78YwKce.gif

• Haha 1

Ahahah. TDD123, I can agree gnome can be a bit on the heavy side ram-usage wise. At the moment I am using KDE Plasma, but I have used gnome extensively as well as cinnamon and XFCE. What happens is I get bored of one after a good while goes by so I move to a different desktop environment to change things up a bit.

Screenshot_20211019_090206.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xocel said:

Ahahah. TDD123, I can agree gnome can be a bit on the heavy side ram-usage wise. At the moment I am using KDE Plasma, but I have used gnome extensively as well as cinnamon and XFCE. What happens is I get bored of one after a good while goes by so I move to a different desktop environment to change things up a bit.

2350+ packages and 1.8GB RAM usage on idle..  Hmm. (Plenty of games i guess.. )

Screenshot_2021-10-19_18-44-40.thumb.png.d14291404f53400e11bd8a59f5955a41.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

2350+ packages and 1.8GB RAM usage on idle..  Hmm. (Plenty of games i guess.. )

Guilty. I'm a Linux gamer. And as you can see I'd had it running over an hour before I took that screenshot and had played a few games and stuff. It is typically using around 500-something MB of RAM after a cold boot, as is typical of KDE.

The gaming thing was probably evident by Steam icon being one of my quick launches toward the bottom.

Edited by Xocel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

as much as I admire the way you've managed to besmirch all the major OSes in a single sentence, I have to say you're being unfair on the mac-users, their equipment is more expensive and more esoteric than most other things you find on desktops :)

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Haha 1

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

, their equipment is more expensive overpayed and more esoteric overdesigned than most other things you find on desktops :)

FIFY

ETA : Yep .. pure envy here .. :|

Edited by TDD123

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I see the macs as very much the Vincent Black Shadows of the desktop world, you could get around on a Honda 90 just as well, but.... there's a certain style to the recherche and the anachronistic

Useless if any runs a flat tire or runs out of gas and you still need to walk .. :| 

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

Yeah .. but they outnumber you 8 to 1, hell .. there are more chrome os users that 'real linux' desktop users.

They must be as clumsy in installing and configuring proprietary Nvidia-drivers on Linux as you are .. :P

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

as much as I admire the way you've managed to besmirch all the major OSes in a single sentence, I have to say you're being unfair on the mac-users, their equipment is more expensive and more esoteric than most other things you find on desktops :)

Yeah during the Motorola era that meant something but these days everything is Made in China so it's just overpriced rubbish like everything else.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.