Songs you love, but you don't know why.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever have a song that you hear and you love?  But for some reason there's nothing remarkable about it. It just strikes a chord.

This is mine, ( till I hear another).  

Da Som Nu For Alltid   translates to  "Then, as now, forever. "  

By Kent, a band from Sweden. It was released to announce their retirement as a band after 12 albums.  The song never was on any of the albums.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched it. 

The words at the end translate to:  Last Album, Last Turn.

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 3

I have part of “Fly” by Sugar Ray and a swallow like the lead singer has on his chest going down my left forearm from my wrist to my elbow.  It was wildly popular the summer I was pregnant with my offspring & I just got stuck on it.  I also have part of “Slow & Low” by the Beastie Boys across my sternum-throat “You can live your whole life & I hope You live long” along with Adam Yauch & a brass monkey sitting in a lotus as a nod to him & his life.  

I guess those have meaning tho.  I do like a probably terrible Rolling Stones song & don’t know why: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Ever have a song that you hear and you love?  But for some reason there's nothing remarkable about it. It just strikes a chord.

This is mine, ( till I hear another).  

Da Som Nu For Alltid   translates to  "Then, as now, forever. "  

By Kent, a band from Sweden. It was released to announce their retirement as a band after 12 albums.  The song never was on any of the albums.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched it. 

The words at the end translate to:  Last Album, Last Turn.

Beautiful song and video, I like it, it kinda reminded me of this Japanese song that I love But I do know why because it's whimsical < 3

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 1

Most Pink Floyd, I just think 'meh'...it's not really my thing. But I like this one and get it in my head sometimes 😎

I agree with one of the YT comments - this song makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.

I like the video down the park, with trucks and vans driving past 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

What is Frisian?

Friesland is a province of the Netherlands with it's own language: Frisian.
Also spoken in some of the northern parts of Germany.
It clearly has Dutch, German and English influences, but it is an official European language of its own.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Friesland is a province of the Netherlands with it's own language: Frisian.
Also spoken in some of the northern parts of Germany.
It clearly has Dutch, German and English influences, but it is an official European language of its own.

Thanks. If I knew that, I forgot it.  

fair warning: turn down your volume if listening

im no stranger to gabber/speedcore and even unironically listen to extratone on occasion, and i LOVE moro (the artist), he's probably my favorite musical artist!... but, uh, this is the song out of all of his discography that makes my friends go "hey what is this"

it's definitely one of his more in-your-face songs, and even i can't listen to it if i'm super tired, but i just really dig it and it's one of my favorites from him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asteriddle said:

fair warning: turn down your volume if listening

im no stranger to gabber/speedcore and even unironically listen to extratone on occasion, and i LOVE moro (the artist), he's probably my favorite musical artist!... but, uh, this is the song out of all of his discography that makes my friends go "hey what is this"

it's definitely one of his more in-your-face songs, and even i can't listen to it if i'm super tired, but i just really dig it and it's one of my favorites from him.

Sorta reminds me of industrial EDM but more emphatic.   Not sure I like how the repeated pulsing covers up whatever music there is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.