Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

It took like forever, but I finally got around to trying the Erika Zero+ body. I really, really liked the shape I made with it. The shape is soft, curvy and life-like, not exaggerated.  It's so bad that there isn't more clothing for this body. In fact, some of the Erika stuff that I've saved didn't fit (mostly bottoms, and my custom Erika shape isn't all that large). I really thought I had more in my inventory. Since the Zero body came out, I have been saving Erika items when I get new purchases. Perhaps I thought it was more because I often pick up shoes from KC Couture on the weekend sales, and they almost always include Erika now. 

Other than the KC Couture shoes, this is what I have:

• Pair of plaid shorts from Red Girl
  • Shoes from Azory, Libra and Buxom
  • Dress from Mooh (likely a gift)
  • Jacket, pants and shirt from Stiff
  • A few recent items from Web Dew
  • A Black Swan bodysuit (I think that was from the just-opened Tres Chic)
  • Some clothing from Dernier

Admittedly, part of the problem may be related to a difficulty searching plain "er" in the Inventory...hopefully vendors are considering the fact that if they just user "er" for an Erika nickname in the garment titles it will be impossible to search for them. Dernier uses (er) and the rest of those listed above use Erika.

If you're in the Erika group, they'll suggest stores that make clothes for this body.

I got a great pair of thigh-high boots with a massive color HUD from Tiffany Designs (I got these for Freya, but the boots come in several sizes.)

A few cute short summer dresses & little black dresses as group gifts from Carol's Store ($L 10 group join)

Erika can also wear Maitreya Lara shoes and short boots.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

Admittedly, part of the problem may be related to a difficulty searching plain "er" in the Inventory...hopefully vendors are considering the fact that if they just user "er" for an Erika nickname in the garment titles it will be impossible to search for them. Dernier uses (er) and the rest of those listed above use Erika.

And some designers use "ER" for Ebody Reborn, too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you're in the Erika group, they'll suggest stores that make clothes for this body.

I got a great pair of thigh-high boots with a massive color HUD from Tiffany Designs (I got these for Freya, but the boots come in several sizes.)

A few cute short summer dresses & little black dresses as group gifts from Carol's Store ($L 10 group join)

Erika can also wear Maitreya Lara shoes and short boots.

I think they still have a hud in the store that has a list of creators that make things for Erika.. I believe you can just click those in the hud and get either an LM or a TP to that creators  store.. It's been awhile since I used it, but I believe it's one of those.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think they still have a hud in the store that has a list of creators that make things for Erika.. I believe you can just click those in the hud and get either an LM or a TP to that creators  store.. It's been awhile since I used it, but I believe it's one of those.. hehehe

It was on this side of the store, HUD is no longer there :( I have a copy of it in my inventory. It's not transferable. Can't find it in the MP. I snagged one when Erika Zero was first released last spring.

n-core-erika-store-jf-09222023_001.jpg

• Sad 1

Part of my frustration with lack of clothing is that I have been so spoiled with my previous choice of bodies. First mesh body was Maitreya. Second mesh body was Legacy. Even the brands that aren't doing Maitreya now are usually doing Legacy. Almost every event I go to, every weekend sale item I check out, is available for my first and second choice bodies. If more was available for Erika now it would be my first choice body. I might even spring for the full version.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Be aware that the latest release got me a warning when I took my kid to the Toddleedoo store. They think it's an adult attachment because it's named as such out of the box.

Screenshot2024-07-19125632.png.94998cfc9b344f837d62b83451c44693.png

Fortunately it's mod so I just changed the name, and obviously the relevant bits were hidden anyway, but am now wondering whether I need to drag it out in a sandbox and try to remove them entirely for G-rated areas? Or just accept once and for all that it's an adult body intended for one specific purpose and revert to Freya?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Be aware that the latest release got me a warning when I took my kid to the Toddleedoo store. They think it's an adult attachment because it's named as such out of the box.

Screenshot2024-07-19125632.png.94998cfc9b344f837d62b83451c44693.png

Fortunately it's mod so I just changed the name, and obviously the relevant bits were hidden anyway, but am now wondering whether I need to drag it out in a sandbox and try to remove them entirely for G-rated areas? Or just accept once and for all that it's an adult body intended for one specific purpose and revert to Freya?

Seriously? They are scanning people now to see what attachments they are wearing.  This is about as ridiculous as checking under your skirt to see if you are wearing panties.

42 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I bought this body for my alt before even thinking about what kind of clothing would be made for it. It didn't catch on despite being a really nice one. I wonder if someone can explain this? Why do some catch on and some don't?

A lot of it is having a really good plan ahead of time.

It was released around a month or two before Reborn.. Reborn had a lot of good creator backing setup before it's release, as well as gained a lot afterwards..

When the add-ons started to come out a few months later. Reborn started it's soaring to the number one curvy body, kind of stealing Erika's thunder.

Reborn had a really good plan ahead of time for their release. Those add-ons just sealed the deal.

Erika pretty much ended up settling in around between like the  40's or 50's in ranking of the top 300 bodies with something in like 600's in known wearers after it's first year, If I remember right..

After just looking a minute ago, this is where she is  as of today's numbers..

Updated: 2024-07-19 @ 00:00:01 PDT

Top 300 mesh bodies with 548021 unique wearers:

Rank # | Model Name   | Count | % (Count / 548021)
    #57|Kalhene-Erika | 696   | 0.1%

This is where Reborn is as of today.

#2 | eBODY - Reborn   |  41103     |    7.5%

In all honesty, if Erika could have gained support  with a larger variety of clothing rather than getting niched into the more slinky items.. The body could have done much better.. I know I was really hoping and hunting  all the time for things, but the body never really took off..

I really love the body and especially the legs and butt.. I call them POW POW..

After awhile, I just lost steam.. You can probably find more things nowadays, but you have to hunt a little more than the more popular bodies.. But there is things out there for it for sure..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Reborn had a really good plan ahead of time for their release. Those add-ons just sealed the deal.

Yeah, you have to get people's favourite creators on board or there's no point. Reborn got there first with the mainstream places like Blueberry and Addams, and Erika was left with a handful of full-perm template stuff. Kalhene then produced their own free add-ons to get squashy thighs and boobs; but the creators working with the full-perm templates don't have the skills to rig for them, and nobody else has the time or inclination, so those were kind of pointless.

Granted, much of what I can buy for Freya nowadays is also template stuff, but it's nicer and there's a lot more of it. I don't spend enough time on that particular alt to make it worth my while getting Reborn right now, but I fully acknowledge that it won the latest round in the curvy body wars and that Erika/Belleza/Prima are dead in the water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I bought this body for my alt before even thinking about what kind of clothing would be made for it. It didn't catch on despite being a really nice one. I wonder if someone can explain this? Why do some catch on and some don't?

A couple things spring to mind:

1) when you launch a body now a days, your marketing better be on point. That means slick ads, maybe even your own event, big name creators creating for it already, a variety of clothes and shoes ready to buy on day 1. In other words it needs buzz and something to back it up.

2) Your dev kit. It needs to be ready, accessible and easy to use. I know there is a fine line between just handing your kit out to any ol’ creator. People that want to create for the body will get a bootleg kit anyway. But! If your kit is hard to get from the application, it will kill any buzz you already generated. I recall people had a hard time getting the dev kit initially for Erika. 

Just an aside: this is what led to the decline of Lara. Creation is a revolving door. Newer creators were complaining about not being able to get the kit. Whether that was true or not is debatable, but it definitely was the perception. It slowly became noticeable that some creators weren’t carrying Lara and it sort of snowballed.

It didn’t help that Ebody reborn launched around the same time and they did 1 & 2. 

You’re right it is a nice body with great features. As the old saying goes “Where are the clothes for it?” Will kill you every time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In all honesty, if Erika could have gained support  with a larger variety of clothing rather than getting niched into the more slinky items.

Yeah I think there's a chunk of players who don't want to look like trashy hoes and want currently fashionable clothing instead. 

It IS a shame. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yeah I think there's a chunk of players who don't want to look like trashy hoes and want currently fashionable clothing instead. 

It IS a shame. 

Myself, I love finding just every day clothing  I wear in RL.  It's really hard to find a lot of those nowadays for the newer bodies.

The kind of riding boots I wear are really hard to find.. Jeans that fit like my Levi's, Overalls, Just regular every day things.. The variety of different tops and jackets and so on.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

16 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Try Friday for the boots. Overalls try Fashionably Dead, although she might only sell cut-off ones. 

Ya, I've tried those already..

For the body I'm wearing now , which is Lara X.. It's gonna take a bit before I can find the right good stuff.. hehehe

I can find those things for my body.. They just aren't the right ones yet..

Although I did get a nice pair of boots that work awhile back.. They just aren't made for Maitreya, but they'll work for now..

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I've tried those already..

For the body I'm wearing now , which is Lara X.. It's gonna take a bit before I can find the right good stuff.. hehehe

I can find those things for my body.. They just aren't the right ones yet..

Although I did get a nice pair of boots that work awhile back.. They just aren't made for Maitreya, but they'll work for now..

The Quinn boots have been updated for X and the Uma boots have X size. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.