Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Even most things NOT for Erika are tacky with nips, lady bits and butts hanging out.  It's definitely not just an Erika problem.

Trouble is,  even if 90% of stuff for Maitreya is stripper gear,  the sheer volume of stuff rigged for Maitreya means that I can quite happily shop within the remaining 10%. With Erika, that 10% is basically a couple of Hilly Haalan dresses. Also, people wearing free bodies need free (or dirt cheap) clothes. At the moment, they have the group gifts and the Aleutia sweater from MP.

Given that Analexa and its predecessors managed to fit the majority of Maitreya clothing, I have no idea why they couldn't have rigged Erika to be at least semi-compatible with Freya or Hourglass, or included deformers to ease the transition from an old body to the new one. OK, there's always the threat of a DMCA, but Lucybody's still around...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Trouble is,  even if 90% of stuff for Maitreya is stripper gear,  the sheer volume of stuff rigged for Maitreya means that I can quite happily shop within the remaining 10%. With Erika, that 10% is basically a couple of Hilly Haalan dresses.

It is so bizarre. I've been going through freebies and gifts at shops linked through a Discord group I'm in, and even in shops where I have purchased cute things, the only things rigged for Erika are the scantiest ones in the store. I can only assume they're working off full-perm packs, and the only thing the full-perm makers are making are the cheapest and most obvious noob-attractants. 

• Like 2

Trouble is,  even if 90% of stuff for Maitreya is stripper gear,  the sheer volume of stuff rigged for Maitreya means that I can quite happily shop within the remaining 10%. With Erika, that 10% is basically a couple of Hilly Haalan dresses. Also, people wearing free bodies need free (or dirt cheap) clothes. At the moment, they have the group gifts and the Aleutia sweater from MP.

Given that Analexa and its predecessors managed to fit the majority of Maitreya clothing, I have no idea why they couldn't have rigged Erika to be at least semi-compatible with Freya or Hourglass, or included deformers to ease the transition from an old body to the new one. OK, there's always the threat of a DMCA, but Lucybody's still around...

In actuality I would say the things rigged for Maitreya  are in far more wider of categories than most of the bodies..

Freya and Maitreya probably have the least amount of stipper wear rigged for them than any of the other bodies compared to the content you'll find for them..They have years of content, where the newer bodies seem to get flounced on by  the lower end creators trying to rig for every body they can..

I would say out of the newer bodies, Reborn is starting to become a wider category body as well..

Legacy is in there as well, but I'm really not up on that body much anymore to say one way or another where it sits as far as the categories that you'll find content for it..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In actuality I would say the things rigged for Maitreya  are in far more wider of categories than most of the bodies..

This is true inasmuch as if I'm shopping for a specific aesthetic, I know I can find it for Maitreya; but SL is SL, and the majority of everything is bodycon dresses with cutouts. It's very easy to avoid if you stay away from freebie groups and shop'n'hops and clubs, but it's out there nonetheless.

(I'm starting to see lolita/kawaii stuff rigged exclusively for Reborn, though I feel like that's taking users from Legacy rather than Maitreya, i.e. people who have to be in whichever body is currently trending.)

• Like 4

This is true inasmuch as if I'm shopping for a specific aesthetic, I know I can find it for Maitreya; but SL is SL, and the majority of everything is bodycon dresses with cutouts. It's very easy to avoid if you stay away from freebie groups and shop'n'hops and clubs, but it's out there nonetheless.

(I'm starting to see lolita/kawaii stuff rigged exclusively for Reborn, though I feel like that's taking users from Legacy rather than Maitreya, i.e. people who have to be in whichever body is currently trending.)

Yea, it's out there because those that rig for every body they can ,also include the older popular bodies.. But not all the newer bodies have the creator ring that bodies like Maitreya have..

I was mainly saying, yes there is stripper wear for Maitreya, but you also have the really great creators that create for that body as well.. In other words, Stripper wear might be the most you find in the other bodies, but it won't be the most you find in Maitreya, because of it's creators list  tied to it that don't rig for more than a tiny amount of the bodies..

For me one of the qualities a body has to have nowadays is, Me being able to go shopping ,rather than hunting.. hehehe

In my eyes,That's what separates those bodies I mentioned in my other post, from the others.. 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

They've made some improvements and named the new gift body Erika Zero Plus, which is no longer possible to grab without the group. Looks like they are maybe phasing out the old Kalhene group. There is a new VIP group called ERIKA Mesh Body which costs 50L to join. The group gifts that used to be in the Kalhene group tag are under the new tag. This is what the group notice says:

"Hi, after the high request to include tip toe feet to be able to wear heels, we have updated "Erika Zero" to "Erika Zero Plus". Now includes flat feet and tip toe, removable hand nails, belly and butt deformers, and more.....
You will be able to get it joining the - Erika Mesh Body - new vip group. Only for a limited time.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/199/38/588 "

Zero Plus comes with two versions of the body, one with flat feet and one for heels. They come without nails attached which are now a separate included item which is also mod. Toenails are still attached though and nomod. There are two skin tones, a belly and a butt deformer, and a few more clothes: bikini, separated shorts and heels along with the original outfit and sneakers that came with Erika Zero.

Its a good sign that the creator was willing to listen to the suggestions, and probably too many complaints, and upgraded Erika Zero's options. I didn't expect more than what we were given and figured tiptoes would just be one of the incentives to buying the full product. But allowing heels for all users does make it potentially much more useful to the majority. Mod and removable nails was pretty important for me, since I wear many dark and fantasy skins and light pink nails standout as odd.

85f7d0463ab21e60b98989dc0868d86c.png

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ze Helix said:

They've made some improvements and named the new gift body Erika Zero Plus, which is no longer possible to grab without the group. Looks like they are maybe phasing out the old Kalhene group. There is a new VIP group called ERIKA Mesh Body which costs 50L to join. The group gifts that used to be in the Kalhene group tag are under the new tag. This is what the group notice says:

"Hi, after the high request to include tip toe feet to be able to wear heels, we have updated "Erika Zero" to "Erika Zero Plus". Now includes flat feet and tip toe, removable hand nails, belly and butt deformers, and more.....
You will be able to get it joining the - Erika Mesh Body - new vip group. Only for a limited time.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/199/38/588 "

Zero Plus comes with two versions of the body, one with flat feet and one for heels. They come without nails attached which are now a separate included item which is also mod. Toenails are still attached though and nomod. There are two skin tones, a belly and a butt deformer, and a few more clothes: bikini, separated shorts and heels along with the original outfit and sneakers that came with Erika Zero.

Its a good sign that the creator was willing to listen to the suggestions, and probably too many complaints, and upgraded Erika Zero's options. I didn't expect more than what we were given and figured tiptoes would just be one of the incentives to buying the full product. But allowing heels for all users does make it potentially much more useful to the majority. Mod and removable nails was pretty important for me, since I wear many dark and fantasy skins and light pink nails standout as odd.

85f7d0463ab21e60b98989dc0868d86c.png

I was hoping they added this in there as well, which they probably will at some point in the near future..  FIX for Pubic Area- Wear ONLY if issues with bottom clothing !

I know some have been coming into the group that were running into the crotch problem with some bottoms that weren't rigged right to the body..

One of the things i can say about that company.. they are quick with the fixes.. With Erika, we were getting what seemed like an update a month in that first year, sometimes two.

• Like 3

If  you have to pay L$50 to join a brand new group to get it, then sorry, but that's not a free body anymore. They should have called it 'Erika Zero Plus Fifty'. The only fix I really wanted was removable toenails so I could wear heeled boots. (I have alts on Meshbody Classic; they're used to that kind of kludging)

It did look to me like they were phasing out the Kalhene brand when I sent my alts to pick up the Zero; it was 'Erika by N-Core'. Which is fine, because the existing Kalhene group is mostly spam about Erika-rigged shoes and micro-skirts anyway, and there's no point having a separate brand if you only have one body.

• Like 5

I heard about this yesterday - after I managed to grab the original 0L body on both accounts. Honestly, I still feel like Lucybody is a better deal for my alt. Pricier due to the BOM relay, but at least I can drag her everywhere for freebies and gifts and sales. And no group I feel compelled to stay in because I paid for it.

The biggest downside for this Erika is not having an alpha hud and needing to swap entire bodies just to change the feet. I hope the multiple bodies for minor changes thing doesn't really catch on, because that's what's keeping me far away from Gen X. I know in this case it's because the body is unscripted and hud-less, but still. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

If  you have to pay L$50 to join a brand new group to get it, then sorry, but that's not a free body anymore. They should have called it 'Erika Zero Plus Fifty'. The only fix I really wanted was removable toenails so I could wear heeled boots. (I have alts on Meshbody Classic; they're used to that kind of kludging)

It did look to me like they were phasing out the Kalhene brand when I sent my alts to pick up the Zero; it was 'Erika by N-Core'. Which is fine, because the existing Kalhene group is mostly spam about Erika-rigged shoes and micro-skirts anyway, and there's no point having a separate brand if you only have one body.

I really hope they keep the other group for spam and the new group for support and actual group notices about the bodies.. You can't find any group notices in that old group.

The Analexa body, they took off the market , I wanna say maybe late summer or fall, maybe even the early winter..

The creator must be getting tighter on time or something, because they've kind of thinned down a lot of things, like getting rid of the bigger mall they had just for the Erika body..

I think the Zero was just a limited time thing for total free... The nice thing is joining the group they will be able to get the things from the group gift wall at least.. I did notice they removed the heads from the gift wall, so they may have thinned those out for support as well..

They must just be wanting to manage the one body and the N-Core store..

I haven't really toyed a lot with the Zero or the Zero plus.. I only tried it on to see if it was an exact fit..  Since i have the full version, I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with it other than use it for people that come into the group to relate with current problems they might be having..

But ya, all in all, I hope they keep the group spam free, because it got way out of hand for sure..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I heard about this yesterday - after I managed to grab the original 0L body on both accounts. Honestly, I still feel like Lucybody is a better deal for my alt. Pricier due to the BOM relay, but at least I can drag her everywhere for freebies and gifts and sales. And no group I feel compelled to stay in because I paid for it.

The biggest downside for this Erika is not having an alpha hud and needing to swap entire bodies just to change the feet. I hope the multiple bodies for minor changes thing doesn't really catch on, because that's what's keeping me far away from Gen X. I know in this case it's because the body is unscripted and hud-less, but still. 

Ya, especially for new users Lucy is the best bang for the buck.. At least if they ever feel like switching to Maitreya, they won't have to hunt for a new waredrobe.. Really the only reason I would think anyone would switch would be for the Materials and the layers that you can wear , which makes it nice for things like , THIS IS WRONG shines..

Other than materials and a little looser fit with some things, There is plenty  of content for it because of the Maitreya body.. Honestly, the lucybody looks like they rigged the inside of the Maitreya body, because it pretty much fits right inside it and has the same little kinks in the rigging..

I like the way shorts fit on the Lucybody, especially jean shorts..They fit loose like my RL jean shorts.. hehehe That little tug spot in the front where you hang your thumbs to rest your hands.. hehehe

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Just looked at the Discord app on my phone... the Kalhene server is gone. Will have to go back in world to see if n-core is on discord. So ya... looks like this is happening.

• Thanks 1

The Kalhene discord server is indeed gone. It's nice that they added more features to the free Zero body, but they couldn't be bothered to put out a final update for their other body that was promised last year? I paid full price for the Analexa, but whatever, I am done with them.

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The Kalhene discord server is indeed gone. It's nice that they added more features to the free Zero body, but they couldn't be bothered to put out a final update for their other body that was promised last year? I paid full price for the Analexa, but whatever, I am done with them.

If you have 4.2, that was the final update that came out I'm pretty sure last year.. I wanna say it was updated around the same time as the last update for Erika, which is also at version 4.2.. Unless you are referring to an update that was supposed to come out after 4.2?

If you haven't gotten the 4.2, I just checked the redeliver terminal in the store and could still get the latest version of the Analexia, so you can still get the latest version..

It's a good body and you can find maitreya things that will fit it..  Is there a certain issue that the body is having that needs fixing, I'm just curious?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you have 4.2, that was the final update that came out I'm pretty sure last year.. I wanna say it was updated around the same time as the last update for Erika, which is also at version 4.2.. Unless you are referring to an update that was supposed to come out after 4.2?

If you haven't gotten the 4.2, I just checked the redeliver terminal in the store and could still get the latest version of the Analexia, so you can still get the latest version..

It's a good body and you can find maitreya things that will fit it..  Is there a certain issue that the body is having that needs fixing, I'm just curious?

There was supposed to be another update after 4.2 to include a modifiable version. The owner herself stated on Discord that a mod version will be coming in next update after another customer asked about it. I'm sorry I didn't get a screenshot of the exchange before the server was removed.

I've done a redelivery some 12 hours ago and I don't see a modifiable version in the Analexa package. I've contacted both owners about this several times about this only to hear crickets. A simple yes or no answer would've sufficed.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RE: the Maitreya clothing availability...there are definitely some Asian or Asian-style shops that are not doing clothing for Maitreya. They do Legacy and Reborn. I'm not sure why (considering that Maitreya is still really popular and definitely supports a kawaii body shape), although I believe it was brought up in discussion a while back was that it was more difficult to get the Maitreya developer kit. You can see this issue with lack of Maitreya support if you go to the big Asian-style events or shop stores like Stiff in the weekend sales.

And yeah, it is an issue with the curvy bodies, the availability of more modest ("everyday") clothing. But honestly,  most of the avatars I see in SL, at events and sales, that are wearing those bodies have exaggerated shapes and VERY skimpy clothing.  Personally, I have a very emotional reaction to that. But maybe that's a discussion for another thread. I'd love to have a discussion about the psychology behind avatar presentation,  but I'm not sure the thread would stay civil.

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

And yeah, it is an issue with the curvy bodies, the availability of more modest ("everyday") clothing. But honestly,  most of the avatars I see in SL, at events and sales, that are wearing those bodies have exaggerated shapes and VERY skimpy clothing.

I have been able to find modest clothing for Reborn and I rarely wear skimpy clothing (as in barely covered parts).  Aside from the occasional swimsuit, I'm mostly covered up pretty well.  In fact, most of the items I purchase also include sizing for Maitreya and sometimes the petite also.

It is a shame more don't do the same outfits for Kalhene that they do for Reborn.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

There was supposed to be another update after 4.2 to include a modifiable version. The owner herself stated on Discord that a mod version will be coming in next update after another customer asked about it. I'm sorry I didn't get a screenshot of the exchange before the server was removed.

I've done a redelivery some 12 hours ago and I don't see a modifiable version in the Analexa package. I've contacted both owners about this several times about this only to hear crickets. A simple yes or no answer would've sufficed.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be another or not.. I really don't wear that body much and just going from what I remembered..

That does suck that they didn't make it mod.. Erika has been mod since it's first year, which came out after Analexa. It's strange that they didn't do it back when they did Erika as well..

I'm sorry to hear about that  to be honest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It was very weird how they just dropped Analexa with no notice. It does make me wonder whether they got served another DMCA and aren't actually allowed to discuss anything relating to the product until it's resolved.

• Like 1

I am kind of sad to hear this. I've been offline all day and blog for this brand. It's a good body. The shame is more of the bigger *fashion houses* in SL kept saying they already covered too many bodies BUT jumped right the GenX bodies, which I also love. SL won't let me log in so I can't check notices, if there was one.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

I am kind of sad to hear this. I've been offline all day and blog for this brand. It's a good body. The shame is more of the bigger *fashion houses* in SL kept saying they already covered too many bodies BUT jumped right the GenX bodies, which I also love. SL won't let me log in so I can't check notices, if there was one.

They'd could drop Kupra as I see less and less of those around.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They'd could drop Kupra as I see less and less of those around.

Did you see the latest survey of Blueberry group members as to their favorite mesh bodies? Kupra is still relatively popular, but in the single digits - around 5 %, but still more than GenX Classic and Curvy combined.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Did you see the latest survey of Blueberry group members as to their favorite mesh bodies? Kupra is still relatively popular, but in the single digits - around 5 %, but still more than GenX Classic and Curvy combined.

Surves are useless anyway, mostly depends which group got more people to rally up for voting. Some creators who still try to do those surveys even ask to not share them in the body groups to avoid it, but I'm sure some people do it anyway. Lucia Nightfire's list is better if you check the trending tab and see what got more new hits in the last week, two or a month.

That said, both Kupra and Gen X bodies are not in a good shape now according to Lucia's stats. Kupra is not quite in a full decline yet, but almost there, and gen X bodies just get so few new users even with their 50% sales non stop. But I'm not seeing any creator dropping Kupra or Gen X for Erika either, it's in as bad spot as it ever was since release, so no point to drop one of less relevant bodies for another less relevant body at all.

Long term I'd say Gen X is still the best choice between Kupra and Erika. It has a minor chance to grow a bit if they'll keep doing 50% sales non stop or finally drop price permanently (and then do 50% sales from that price, at least for black friday), but the latter two are just not very relevant with one being phased out by Reborn and other never being relevant for 1.5 years since its release.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:01 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, especially for new users Lucy is the best bang for the buck.. At least if they ever feel like switching to Maitreya, they won't have to hunt for a new waredrobe.. Really the only reason I would think anyone would switch would be for the Materials and the layers that you can wear , which makes it nice for things like , THIS IS WRONG shines..

Other than materials and a little looser fit with some things, There is plenty  of content for it because of the Maitreya body.. Honestly, the lucybody looks like they rigged the inside of the Maitreya body, because it pretty much fits right inside it and has the same little kinks in the rigging..

I like the way shorts fit on the Lucybody, especially jean shorts..They fit loose like my RL jean shorts.. hehehe That little tug spot in the front where you hang your thumbs to rest your hands.. hehehe

I would switch to the free Erika because it just looks a whole lot better than Lucybody. I was a bit put off initially when it only had flat feet but now there is another option, this is the ideal body for my alts. There may not be as many free clothing options, but I am not a fan of most freebies, and there are often discounted clothes for Erika in the weekend sales if you look.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I would switch to the free Erika because it just looks a whole lot better than Lucybody. I was a bit put off initially when it only had flat feet but now there is another option, this is the ideal body for my alts. There may not be as many free clothing options, but I am not a fan of most freebies, and there are often discounted clothes for Erika in the weekend sales if you look.

I agree it's one of the best looking bodies out there, but I was mainly saying, the best bang for the buck for new users would be the LucyBody Atena..

If it was just about how the body looks and shapes how I like, Erika beats all my other bodies in my eyes.. But there is  much more to a body than when it's standing there nude and looking great.. There is the frustration factor as well, which still hasn't got much better with the Erika body since it came out.. It's always felt like it was on the cusp of  making it over the hill with content creators, but never really has..

Instead of going shopping, it's more like going hunting..

Also, that if someone ever did switch to Maitreya from a LucyBody because of it having material layers which  the Lucybody doesn't have. Then they still have the things they bought..

I've had the Erika since it came out.. If I had to compare the quality of things I could find that would fit the Erika body compared to what fits the Lucybody, freebies or not free.. There really is no comparison really, because the Lucy body can fit  into years of clothes and  accessories that are made for the top body on the market.. Not only in the popular categories, but also in other fantasy categories as well..

I love the Erika body, but if I'm going to be honest. If I'm recommending a body to someone that doesn't have that much money  or is new and looking to get the best buy for their money.. I'm gonna talk about all the free bodies to give them more variety of choices..

Then after that, I'm gonna talk about which one has the most content made that it can wear..

I don't try to talk anyone into a body because I like it, Especially if they don't have a lot of money at all..I always like them to make that choice for themselves.. But I like to give them as full of a picture of what they are getting themselves into first, the best I can..

Trust me when I say, I wish Erika  got over that hill, because it's the best looking body in my opinion over all the rest.. The most banging butt and legs out of them all..  If it wasn't so frustrating to find things for it, I would be  wearing it way more than my other bodies..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.