Returnees, what brought you back?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wanted to ask others about it and see if they have the same reasons I did. The main one for me was that RL drove me to it. I used to read the news sites when I got up in the morning, but we all know what they have become, and it's not pleasant at all. After what we have all been through in the last 18 months or so SL is quite a welcome escape. I'm sick to death of politics and anything that even hints of it anymore, and you can't escape it anywhere online but in SL that I've seen. YouTube buries me in it when I log on there. Even in SL some will go there, and I just block them for it. That's the main thing for me, but then I also wanted to see SL on my new 70 inch monitor. It rocks.

• Like 1

A real answer would be that I still love love love exploring SL and making "virtual spaces". aka decorating. It prevents me from spending on stuff for my real place! And it was great to have SL (and Sansar) for that during our long lockdown period, which also included an 8PM curfew. 

But the pose balls... now those are special. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

A real answer would be that I still love love love exploring SL and making "virtual spaces". aka decorating. It prevents me from spending on stuff for my real place! And it was great to have SL (and Sansar) for that during our long lockdown period, which also included an 8PM curfew. 

But the pose balls... now those are special. 

Oh okay Ingrid, I get that. The poseballs not so much, never use them, but the decorating I totally get. I'm doing my new Victorian in Belliseria and having a great time doing it.

RL kept me away for some years.   Before that SL just got complicated with relationships.

I finally came back using an alt i had made, and since then SL has been fine.  The transition was hard because so much had changed, but I dealt with it.

As far as reasons to convince you to come back? You're expecting too much from us, because in reality it's all up to you make that decision, not us to convince you.

I'm not really back.  I check in here at the forums more often than I go in world.  I go in world about once a month or so just to say hello to friends.  I can't seem to get really engaged anymore.  Up until a year ago I went in world almost every day and had from the day I first logged in.  Addicted, yes.  Now?  Not so much. 

• Like 2

I hear returnees and I think..

The_4400.jpg.18a98316c748a696bcda2c59d2c8d767.jpg

Okay, that said, lol.....

My return was in 2008, so, not very recently, lol. But I've returned to sl twice now, and the second time it was mostly because the game I played with a ton of other people was shut down, bastards, so we all migrated over here.  What keeps me in sl, though, which is what, for me, is more important, is the ability to do all kinds of things. I can explore, I can create, I can chat with people, I can help people find things, I can drive(quite horribly, for real, never get anywhere near me in a vehicle if you value your pixel life..you will die), I can climb mountains and jump off 5,000+m high places and fall to my death on unsuspecting people below,..okay okay enough, I can do a lot of stuff that I can't do in rl. In fact some of the things I can do in sl, which are pretty basic things most people in rl take for granted, are things I can't do in rl. I love that part, a lot. I don't shop, I'm not a shopper, so that aspect is pretty lost on me, though I am fabulous at helping other people find things they need, lol. I don't really care for clothing much, I usually wear the same thing for a couple years, or longer, before I bother changing. So, that's another thing totally lost on me, lol. 

Now prior to being able to do the whole rl thing, there were loads of aspects that lent a lot to my relationship with hubby, opened up avenues that were a little trickier to navigate otherwise without it. Having the rl version of those aspects now doesn't change the significance of what they can and did offer, though, so I'm grateful for those things too, even if we no longer need or use them. 

Mostly I just like that opportunities to do just about anything I want exist, and it's up to me to figure them out, explore them and go for it. I don't need an instruction manual or tutorial on where to go next, I just think it, and go do it. I'm probably wrong more than I'm right in my execution, but I'm not someone that much cares about doing everything right the first time. I can't even walk down my own hallway in rl without hitting my arm or hand on a door knob, frame, or wall, so perfection and continual success at all things si so far removed from my realm of reality. I'm rather fond of my lack of successful endeavors, the results are usually far more entertaining. (my door knobs in rl, however, would disagree with this failure to navigate being a crowning achievement, or at least the dents on them would suggest such, they're not the greatest at communicating) 

• Like 3

I mostly left in late 2009 / early 2010 (only logging in 1-2 times a year), due primarily to RL stuff, though I still perused the forums off & on.  However, around that same time, LL migrated the forums to that Question/Answer format without any real general discussion area, so I lost a lot of interest even in the forums.  In 2017, I got a message from an SL friend that said the forums had been changed again -- to this current incarnation -- which allowed for more discussions rather than just Q & A.  That got me back to the forums, which soon revived my interest in SL. I've been here pretty steady since then, but I am feeling like I might be due for another break soon.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doris Johnsky said:

RL kept me away for some years.   Before that SL just got complicated with relationships.

I finally came back using an alt i had made, and since then SL has been fine.  The transition was hard because so much had changed, but I dealt with it.

As far as reasons to convince you to come back? You're expecting too much from us, because in reality it's all up to you make that decision, not us to convince you.

I did not ask you to convince me to come back, I did that last week, thankyouverymuch.

I have very on again off again relationship with SL. Last time I came back because a friend decided to check what's this is about. So I've been hanging out with them, and then Pride month came along, and I love parties during Pride month... and then I discovered that region crossings got good enough for me to actually enjoy driving as a hobby... 

So now I am hooked again. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.