How Does Your SL Look Today?

Just started with the Christmas decor too. Dressing a Christmas tree is good practice for aligning stuff .. 

Snapshot-193.png

Still more to be done, but I don't want it to end up looking like it got hit with a 'Murrican. 

• Like 14

Making progress. AND a comment not so much in favor of all the portraits in the thread recently. There are already THREE main (and more) "show me your avatar"  threads. Would be good to have this about our INVIRONMENT as I believe it was meant to be -- at least I took it that way.  

Anyway, working on some outside décor. So far I haven't purchased anything and have found some forgotten things (and remembered things) in my inventory.  Also retextured one of my old interior sets. I had done this before during our decorating at Snowglobe winter but they disappeared from my inventory so ONE MORE TIME.  

image.thumb.png.61d0ca333c3b7941c30bc795638cf44a.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Still working on the atmospheric and decor touches to my cyber-themed sim. Added more neon (cause of course), lighting for entrances where building can be entered, started on a cramped little music club, lighting and signage, custom nighttime cloudy EEP, and the ubiquitous cyberpunk rain. Have to finish the music spot next.

cyber-island-stage2-2.thumb.jpg.f57c772306b140bf486c1745e339d2cd.jpg

cyber-island-stage2-1.thumb.jpg.adb3fb857951945c54abb026acd33561.jpg

cyber-island-stage2-3.thumb.jpg.9da601173d004531fafdf3d0c34bc50f.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It was a fantastic Kirtan today:  https://gyazo.com/a3ec496cbfe09a46ddd9c2e616c872d4

When you are on your Gyazo page for a specific gif, you can click Share (upper right) and then click the word GIF next to 'File LInk' and it will copy a link to your clipboard that will allow for directly embedding the GIF here:

image.thumb.png.46d633747cf81c31ff3cf101bb47d917.png

And you get this:

a3ec496cbfe09a46ddd9c2e616c872d4.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you are on your Gyazo page for a specific gif, you can click Share (upper right) and then click the word GIF next to 'File LInk' and it will copy a link to your clipboard that will allow for directly embedding the GIF here:

And you get this:

I was going to do that with mine but I didn't like the GIF look of it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And you get this:

So, what is that actually doing?  On my kitchen laptop it looks as though it is extracting one still image every one to two seconds or so, is that right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't hear any music though and it's all jerky...am I doing something wrong?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't hear any music though and it's all jerky...am I doing something wrong?

No - I think when it embeds those longer GIFs (rather than the shorter things like ROFLMAO), it can't seem to handle them smoothly. I'm guessing that has something to do with the forum software and/or LL's servers. 

And the music might be a limitation of embedding.

Given all of that -- ignore my suggestion.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't use my little apartment in Voroznia enough. I was there tonight, taking another picture, and I thought I'd grab this one quickly, as I don't have any images of my bedroom there (all my pics of the place are of the kitchen and living room).

I really should, I don't know . . . entertain there? Or something?

After all, who wouldn't want to spend time with me in a poorly maintained apartment with peeling wallpaper and 70s-vintage furnishings on the 5th floor of a Brutalist Soviet-era apartment building? (No elevator, I'm afraid. And the water sometimes runs a little . . . brown.)

I mean, the whole place reeks of R-O-M-A-N-C-E!

(And I do mean "reeks" -- the plumbing keeps backing up.)

Voroznia-Bedroom-Blank.thumb.png.71c272dce7d240e36b72e96bacb9c3c1.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

After all, who wouldn't want to spend time with me in a poorly maintained apartment with peeling wallpaper and 70s-vintage furnishings on the 5th floor of a Brutalist Soviet-era apartment building? (No elevator, I'm afraid. And the water sometimes runs a little . . . brown.)

When you live long enough in apartments from that era you get used to it. It's the people you're spending time with that matter. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aiyumei said:

When you live long enough in apartments from that era you get used to it. It's the people you're spending time with that matter. :P

AMAZINGLY, Western Capitalism has produced some pretty crappy places to live too! And continues to do so!

Go figure, eh?

But yes, the people are always what matter, no?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1