How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

I visited the recreation of Göbekli Tepe in Turkey at Natthimmel (New Moon) again yesterday, trying to get a decent shot.

Wow, I suck at landscape. So I threw an avatar in there to make me feel better about the whole thing.

Anyway, VERY COOL PLACE YOU SHOULD VISIT IT!

https://secondlife.com/destination/natthimmel

Natthimmel-SM-Blank.png

• Like 13

Cat checking things out a couple of days ago. So far she's happy with what we've done. So am I. Until we find something we, I mean I, have to fix!!! I have my "honey do" list!!!

Cat Checking things out 1.png

Cat Checking Things out 2.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Cat and I couldn't find a proper bridge between two of our floating islands, so I had to start making one outside of SL. It's still rough, and 188 prims!!! And it still needs a lot more to it to be right. Such as some kinds of sides to keep people from falling off. Then of course, I discovered that the mesh I uploaded is like a box. I have to make it phantom, and add prims for a base, or I just walk on air between the two end points!!! Here is my early experiment.

Rope bridge top expanse 64M_001.png

• Like 10

I know nothing about cars. Like, nada. I can't identify makes, and I certainly can't drive one. I couldn't tell you which pedal is the brake, and which is the gas (which might make me a bit of a liability on the road?).  They have wheels (usually), and a mysterious and magical thing called an "engine" that makes them move if you are an initiate to the special rituals involved.

But every year for . . . well, probably 4 or 5 years now, I've made an annual pilgrimage to the April Car Show at Ciampi in Heterocera Atoll. Even I can recognize a beautifully made car when I see it, and some cars, of course, have glamorous associations. But more than that, I just love Ciampi -- it's a lovely gathering of 6 or so regions representing, roughly, the Italy of Umbria or Tuscany, and it boasts a friendly and vibrant community -- and an absolutely lovely owner. Ciampi, I think, proves that the Mainland needn't be an eyesore and a hellhole: it can be beautiful and well-run and community-oriented.

So here I am, once again, for another year, posing in front of a gorgeous rendering of an Alfa Romeo Guilia built by our own @Jules Catlyn. Looking, I think, a little like someone who might actually know what a "clutch" is, and what it does.

(Spoiler: I don't.)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bhima/120/95/38

The show, which is spread around Ciampi, goes to the 30th, for those interested in attending. Plus there are dance and musical events.

Ciampi-Car-Show-(SM)-Blank.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 13

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As seen in the April issue of Better Homes and Oubliettes.

LOL, we were certainly proud to be featured. We had to give a full explanation of how crazy it was to put that dungeon in. The rezboz would move it just fine, but the minute I rotated it, the parts would be all scrambled at different rotations. Getting a redelivery didn't help. And of course, it was a bit cramped, so I had ro resize it. With everything linked. This  caused issues with parts that have to be phantom, so we could actually get into it. We were blocked by invisible forces, and stood in midair!!! After changing each of the parts individually, I discovered the last bit was caused by the rock base itself. Hours of frustration!!! Cat said today, that by the time we're finish remodelling our Island, it'll be time to remodel again!!! Gasp, isn't that just the truth!!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Cat said today, that by the time we're finish remodelling our Island, it'll be time to remodel again!!! Gasp, isn't that just the truth!!! 

No truer words were ever said.  As frustrating as it can be watching a cascade of failures happen after making 1 tiny change and putting out one fire after another, most of us will do it again and again.  It's addictive and definitely "work" for anyone who aims for perfection.  

You MIGHT be done next year, but by then you'll want something else.  It's a vicious cycle.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, we were certainly proud to be featured. We had to give a full explanation of how crazy it was to put that dungeon in. The rezboz would move it just fine, but the minute I rotated it, the parts would be all scrambled at different rotations. Getting a redelivery didn't help. And of course, it was a bit cramped, so I had ro resize it. With everything linked. This  caused issues with parts that have to be phantom, so we could actually get into it. We were blocked by invisible forces, and stood in midair!!! After changing each of the parts individually, I discovered the last bit was caused by the rock base itself. Hours of frustration!!! Cat said today, that by the time we're finish remodelling our Island, it'll be time to remodel again!!! Gasp, isn't that just the truth!!! 

It's a very cool looking build, actually. Where is it from?

It's not, except in a modern fantasy sense, a "dungeon" though (and the actual existence of "dungeons" in the modern conception of that term in castles of the Middle Ages is pretty doubtful anyway): the groin vaulting suggests that it is, in form, more like an undercroft -- an area on the bottom floor or just beneath ground level in a building, most usually used for storage and sometimes even with shops.

I get, however, that that's pedantry: this is fantasy and all, and if this is what we think dungeons look like, then that's fine. But I'm actually seriously at least semi-interested in the build as a (non-dungeon) backdrop. Who made it?

• Like 3