Buy Fee Change Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Scott1 Yedmore said:

Cheers

I was only repeating what the former VP of Engineering at Linden Lab (Oz) said his last day of work at LL.  The bottom line was that at the present time AWS was costing LL more than the costs for their aging farm in Arizona.

With your qualifications, you might apply for his job, as they are looking for a new VP.

TO Reed and Linden Lab,

Why is LL wanting to penalize residents like me who spend a lot in SL?
Sure I am a BASIC MEMBER,  and maybe you or others in SL do not see me as a contributor to the SL economy cause of that...

But I spend $300-400 dollars a month on lindens...every month for years... and  Im aware there are others who spend what I do and

a lot more... especially land barons... but Im not a land baron.

I lease a full region at about 250 dollars in lindens a month, its home to a unique build I created without profit in mind... its there for all to enjoy

and I pay all the expenses of it myself. Plus another 100 dollars worth of lindens a month to buy non tier items. I dont ask for donations expecting others to pay for my sl.

Altogether the amount I pay into LL is 5000 plus yearly.

My point is LL already makes a ton of cash from my existence and buying in SL....
but your going to penalize me and others now 7.5% for the privledge of buying from you?? 
Seriously Its an insulting slap in the face and it pisses me off.

Dont be suprised when this penalty for buying large amounts of lindens ... pisses other people off too
and drives some full region owners like me to dump those regions.
Instead of buying hundreds of dollars in lindens every month for tier many will get frustrated and reduce linden purchases to less than 20 dollars a month.

SL is my creative outlet, its not a money maker business for me and Im not a land baron as I said before... 

but as much as I love creating in SL... Im not going to keep tolerating price increases when I already pay hundreds each month to LL.

>:(

Edited by Blake1111Coverdale
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Reed Linden said:

Regarding the new user experience, this is still in the design stage! We'll be attempting to move the needle in as many areas as we can, and running experiments and trying new things in world, in the viewer, on the web - across the board. There's nothing off the table!

Including LL recommending the top # popular brands by name with landmarks and/or marketplace store urls to new users searching for <insert product category here>?

What about offering youtube tutorials on buying/wearing mesh heads, mesh bodies, skins/makeup & clothing and all the pitfalls involved?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Blake1111Coverdale said:

TO Reed and Linden Lab,

Why is LL wanting to penalize residents like me who spend a lot in SL?
Sure I am a BASIC MEMBER,  and maybe you or others in SL do not see me as a contributor to the SL economy cause of that...

But I spend $300-400 dollars a month on lindens...every month for years... and  Im aware there are others who spend what I do and

a lot more... especially land barons... but Im not a land baron.

I lease a full region at about 250 dollars in lindens a month, its home to a unique build I created without profit in mind... its there for all to enjoy

and I pay all the expenses of it myself. Plus another 100 dollars worth of lindens a month to buy non tier items. I dont ask for donations expecting others to pay for my sl.

Altogether the amount I pay into LL is 5000 plus yearly.

My point is LL already makes a ton of cash from my existence and buying in SL....
but your going to penalize me and others now 7.5% for the privledge of buying from you?? 
Seriously Its an insulting slap in the face and it pisses me off.

Dont be suprised when this penalty for buying large amounts of lindens ... pisses other people off too
and drives some full region owners like me to dump those regions.
Instead of buying hundreds of dollars in lindens every month for tier many will get frustrated and reduce linden purchases to less than 20 dollars a month.

SL is my creative outlet, its not a money maker business for me and Im not a land baron as I said before... 

but as much as I love creating in SL... Im not going to keep tolerating price increases when I already pay hundreds each month to LL.

>:(

Passing along fee's to the customer is normal business operations once you reach a certain point and realize if you do not stop obsorbing them, you will start to go negative,   LL saw something, so they changed something, they are a for profit business after all.   I'm highly aware I sound like I'm kissing butt at times replying back,  but I'm in business and have been since 1998 with a computer store and web hosting company,  it does not bring in much, but if we paid for the fee's we would be so badly into the red,  I'm just going with my end of the explanation.

Edited by bigmoe Whitfield
added some infos.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

7.5? Good lord. That is quite the hike.

You know though, reduced linden buy fees would be a good perk for your loyal premium customers. 😛

that removes the level playing field all of us are on,  nope.  that's the one thing, I'm not going to be good with.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

that removes the level playing field all of us are on,  nope.  that's the one thing, I'm not going to be good with.  

On the other hand it'd be the kind of money-making venture I'd be entirely good with. They already get a lot of income from premium users, after all

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jyosonia said:

Burden on Small players like me, who use to buy Lindens worth of 10-15 US$....

Not a wise decision... Big players dont even care of these fees but it hurts a lot to small players like me. 😒

I consider myself a medium-big player, increases like this hurt a lot. 

16 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

The level playing field where the top land barons have negotiated deals for lower tier? Where the select few are allowed to have extracted connected to the mainland?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

I consider myself a medium-big player, increases like this hurt a lot. 

The level playing field where the top land barons have negotiated deals for lower tier? Where the select few are allowed to have extracted connected to the mainland?

Not talking those people,  talking us, the normal linden buying public,  no favors, zero.

13 hours ago, Reed Linden said:

Hi! I'm Reed Linden. I am the product manager for our payments team!  Ask me anything about this. I'm here to help. :)

Hi, Reed,

Can you comment on how this new fee will impact the value of the Linden which has been artificially kept at about 240-241 for more than a year, and throughout SL's history has varied considerably. Will you continue to keep it at US $4.00/1,000 Linden dollars?

Everyone who buys or sells on the LindEx knows that it is not truly a "market" institution, despite some small fluctuations daily, as it is artificially kept at this rate by infusions of Lindens.

Also, Linden Lab used to supply information about the percentage of the concurrency (which is now 30,000-40,000 on average) which spent at certain levels. Can you say what percentage of the concurrency spends at the level of US $25 per month? $100? $500? 

What is the number of premium accounts?

Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

My common purchase is 20 000 L/83 US. That puts me in the group that will have increased fee.

I am considering fewer and higher buys. But if that is difficult, I should lower my purchases and buy more often? Sorry, I suck at math.

with the upper cap of $9.99 then we are better off buying in amounts greater than $134. Anything less than $134 down to $20 will cost the same percentage

$83 fee is $6.23 approx. (7.5%) $164 is $9.99 (6.09%). $328 is $9.99 (3.05%)

going forward then basically the richer we are then the better off we are, relative to those not as rich as us

in your case then be better to buy 40,000L one time, than 20,000L two times. Buy 20,000 two times costs $12.46 about.  Buying 40,000L one time costs $9.99. So save $2.47 about, which at 240L to $1 is about 595L difference

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Perhaps it would be better first to fix all current issues

many remember the big jump with MP costs, buying/selling/process credit fees .. huge jumps for premium ...

and just for example ...groups ( not bothering me a lot, but quite useless for lot of people), and the huge profit we would get by going into the cloud ...

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Reed Linden said:

I'd love to share with you the great land cost and tier reduction we released rather recently!

i get that you want/need the money. But this is a pretty terrible justification

this fee change makes regions more expensive to rent off the estate barons.  Like a Homestead is going to cost about $9 more a month to rent for those who pay 4 weekly. For those who pay their rent weekly or fortnightly then is going to cost them more

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not implemented now, do you see loads of fraud?... hear about lots of fraud?...
So what's the profit for LL to implement it and give rebates for the ones using it?

There are frequent complaints about LL correcting linden balances due to fraudulently obtained L$ in Merchants forum. So presumably yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.