What do you do when strangers give you unsolicited advice "fix" your avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Inquiring minds would like you to share...? 😏

Well, she asked her friends, they freaked out and thought i had some sort of hacker viewer as they had "no idea how i made her naked!! its not possible!!" for weeks they would randomly IM me claiming i was "breaking the TOS" and they reported me to "The Labs." Funny thing was, they all worked at a club so i showed up one night, derendered all their clothing and took a snapshot. Sent it to each of them, then blocked them all. They were the screechiest Karens i have ever met. Always on voice. Always the loudest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 2/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

One of the Lindens saw me as naked from 3 meters away.  My clothes only became visible when they cammed in closer. Glitches still happen!

That sounds more like bad LOD. To test it, set your LOD to 1.125 (the default) and zoom out three metres. If your clothes disappear, my unsolicited advice is to make a note of the creator and don't buy from them again! It's bad design, not a glitch.

13 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Well, she asked her friends, they freaked out and thought i had some sort of hacker viewer as they had "no idea how i made her naked!! its not possible!!" for weeks they would randomly IM me claiming i was "breaking the TOS" and they reported me to "The Labs." Funny thing was, they all worked at a club so i showed up one night, derendered all their clothing and took a snapshot. Sent it to each of them, then blocked them all. They were the screechiest Karens i have ever met. Always on voice. Always the loudest. 

Someone should take a nerf bat to your head. 😊

Seriously though, no, you weren't breaking ToS but can you see where what you did was just as wrong, if not more so? Would you have torn the clothing from their bodies in real life like that? Do you not see it for the violent violation it is? No, it's not the same thing as rape but it can damn sure trigger episodes no one wants to see or have to deal with. 

There's a reason Deadpool is single. Don't be that reason. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
LL needs to fix their freaking forum software

15 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seriously though, no, you weren't breaking ToS but can you see where what you did was just as wrong, if not more so? Would you have torn the clothing from their bodies in real life like that? Do you not see it for the violent violation it is? No, it's not the same thing as rape but it can damn sure trigger episodes no one wants to see or have to deal with. 

3 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

That sounds more like bad LOD. To test it, set your LOD to 1.125 (the default) and zoom out three metres. If your clothes disappear, my unsolicited advice is to make a note of the creator and don't buy from them again! It's bad design, not a glitch.

I'll check that but will point out that some viewer devs at the meeting saw me clothed. The difference perhaps was that the one who saw me naked was on the S/L viewer while the others were on Firestorm.

@Drake1 Nightfire

Since the forum software is acting stupid again and trying to monitor my posts when there is absolutely no reason to do so...

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The difference perhaps was that the one who saw me naked was on the S/L viewer while the others were on Firestorm.

Possibly. I think the lowest default on Firestorm is a LOD of 2.0, which could make all the difference, although you might find your avatar is still noticeably naked from a few metres away, just not quite so few.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unsolicited critique is rude.  Telling me something is missing?  That all depends on how the information is delivered.  Snark=snark.  Polite=polite

Yes! I think the OP complaint is really about the tone. We're all human, nobody likes being snapped at or told off for something that's quite trivial, when it's easier to say "Just to let you know, your feet have detached!"

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, Paul Hexem said:

If I get an IM like that, I'll rebake and refresh attachments. If they were right, fix it. If they were wrong, ignore it. Then move on, either way. That's all anyone needs to do. Don't know why everybody insists on making these things into big issues.

that is very true!~ i am going to say i have had people rez me in weird, where i can see myself just fine, rezzed and everything. sometimes doing the rebake and refreshing attachments can help. i truly don't see an issue. :D

• Like 1

When its something glitched like a missing alpha or my head decing "aright imma head out" I usually check if they are right, fix if yes and thank them after jokingly grumbling about the fickle spaghetti code.

If its my acutal aesethic choices and it wasn't asked for they get sent to the block list because I have notime for that thank you but no thank you.

A long time ago I had someone tell me that my boots were too big and clunky. I thought to myself, "Sooo what's my prize if I change my boots? Do I get a pass to some super secret no-clunk boot club, or do I just get to hang out with you evaluating other people's feet?"

I loved those big clunky boots.

As for de-rendering, you can de-render me all day long. That's pretty weird of you though.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.