Besides sex, what are ppl into these days in Second Life?

Mimaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems like the club scene is ding out.  Strippers aren't a commodity anymore.  As far as clubs go, what is everyone's preference?  Simple strip clubs?  Sex club?  Oldies music clubs?

Would like to get some insight on this.

29 minutes ago, Mimaw said:

Seems like the club scene is ding out.  Strippers aren't a commodity anymore.  As far as clubs go, what is everyone's preference?  Simple strip clubs?  Sex club?  Oldies music clubs?

I'd say if you look in the Destination Guide, it's usually full at the oldie's clubs (real oldie's, then oldies including 80's and Classic Rock).  I just snapped the screenshot below.  I don't go to clubs much anymore as I am burned out on the music, even the blues, and have been for quite some years now.  I will go to a live music event or weekend music festival with live artist's every now and then.  I hear the clubs on Bellesaria (spelling?) are fun and not just for the premium member residents alone who live there but I am not 100% sure on that.    Skill Gaming is quite popular too I hear.  

Screenshot (163).png

Edited by FairreLilette

These days my time is split between digging in pixel dirt, interior decorating, taking a building class here and there, photography, blogging, and sometimes I go to country music venues.  Oh, and shopping.  You do know that is a skill.  Right?

• Like 2

Visiting art galleries, attending a live music performance, decorating and rearranging furniture in my houses, tinkering with prims and scripts, and photography.  Perhaps one day when I get my act together, I'll take another crack at organizing my main avatar's inventory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mimaw said:

your subject suggest that sex is the most interesting thing for people. I think you'r wrong.

• Like 11

I've been on SL a lot more since the lockdowns started.
I get bored by television and I find other PC games stressful. 
In most other computer games you have to "do" a lot ot things all the time.

In SL it's more like just "being" than "doing" and that suits me just fine.
Tired of being "efficient" all the time and "meeting targets" in RL ... what's it all for ...?

SL activities:
- Taking SL photos & cartoons
- Building a 1950's backyard that reminds me of my grandfather's place - this has given me lots of joy
- Learning to stream music in order to "manage" two virtual musicians (eventually... not quite there yet)
- Like Jordan above, I just like standing/sitting somewhere, not doing much at all
- General chatting
- Learning something new along the way

• Like 5

I love exploring photogenic sims so can take more landscape photos in mouselock, or trying to do an interesting profile photo as I like to ring the changes, work on my blog featuring one of my sponsors or just for fun entry,  I actually enjoy hosting at the club I work at so spend time there though when not working I'm not really one for club scene, playing ludo with my ex who is very close friend and his partner who I work with but she a close friend too as knew her before they got together, I like working on the farm (DFS; Digital Farm System) my wife and I have on our sim, being mom to our kids, and hanging out with a few close friends as they either go to me or I come to them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

your subject suggest that sex is the most interesting thing for people. I think you'r wrong.

I don't engage in SL sex at all.  I noticed the title too and wondered how surprised she'd be that I am usually a Dinkie, a small cat avatar, and my social life consists of the tinies which are mostly small animal avatars other than cats.  I hope we have a Mardi Gras parade this year with the floats we make, that was amazing last year pre-coronavirus.  The tinies are vastly known as the asexual crowd.  Our tiny small avatars are not built for slex but the Dinkies are the most adorkable dancers I've ever seen!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I was hoping I was wrong.  However, ppl I've spoke to have said that more ppl are going for the sex clubs than any others.

1 minute ago, Mimaw said:

I was hoping I was wrong.  However, ppl I've spoke to have said that more ppl are going for the sex clubs than any others.

if meeting people that hang mostly in sex areas they indeed will mostly meet people who hang in the sex areas :) .. but there's so much more, even people who never have or had interest in sexual encounters. The cultural social and building communities are bigger i think

• Like 3

Your comments are wonderful.  Myself, I DJ, and host.  Used to strip at clubs but these days strippers aren't a thing anymore.  I do like hanging out at my sim and swimming, and checking out some RP sims.  But my biggest enjoyment is DJing and earning lindens to go shopping!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if meeting people that hang mostly in sex areas they indeed will mostly meet people who hang in the sex areas :) .. but there's so much more, even people who never have or had interest in sexual encounters. The cultural social and building communities are bigger i think

You are right Alwin, there's a heck of a lot more to SL then just sex.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people have figured out that 'virtual strippers' are just avatars playing BVH animations.
Once you've figured out how 3D etc. actually works, the "wow" factor tends to disappear.

SL is more of a "mind" thing - if you want to be in groups with others, you can.
If you want to connect with like-minded, you can.
If you want to build/play games/dance/play around with virtual fashion... you can.

Someone I met long ago described SL as "a journey through your own soul".
That's a nice way to look at it I think.

There is also the element of being in a different universe – so it has a kind of sci-fi edge as well. 
But you have to go and look for what you want.
What you want ... is up to you. It won't be served on a plate. You have to find it for yourself.

To paraphrase Star Trek:
"It's a mirror, Jim, but not as we know it..." 🙂

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.