Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

We're also talking about Trump who said "Kill" something like 43 times in his speech just hours before.

What speech are you talking about exactly because I can't find this

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I didn't downplay a thing

You did, you took a quote from me saying I can't find examples of Trump inciting violence, and showing examples of people on the left inciting violence and said:-

"Comparing a D list celebrity holding an effigy to insurrectionists is ridiculous."

Which was not the comparison I was making.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Trump administration's own Department of Homeland Security and FBI don't appear to view antifa as a leading threat. A DHS draft document from September 2020 reportedly named white supremacist groups as the biggest terror threat to America. That same document doesn't mention antifa at all. 

The FBI also considers far-right groups the "top of the priority list." FBI director Christopher Wray said in February 2020 that the FBI places the risk of violence from racially-motivated extremist groups "on the same footing" as the threat posed by foreign terrorist organizations such as ISIS and its sympathizers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Antifa seems to switch sides depending on where the most demonstrating is. So you are likely to find those clues on both sides of the fence. It's the new politics for when a third party is inciting the two main parties to fight. 

image.jpeg.e766d99674377417c932865380a2efc9.jpegAntifa

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Trump administration's own Department of Homeland Security and FBI don't appear to view antifa as a leading threat. A DHS draft document from September 2020 reportedly named white supremacist groups as the biggest terror threat to America. That same document doesn't mention antifa at all. 

The FBI also considers far-right groups the "top of the priority list." FBI director Christopher Wray said in February 2020 that the FBI places the risk of violence from racially-motivated extremist groups "on the same footing" as the threat posed by foreign terrorist organizations such as ISIS and its sympathizers.

..and you can bet your sweet bippy that someone, someday, will crack down on those right-wing violent extremists! Because they are teh dum and will get caught.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Punching Nazis does not count as "violence"!  It's karma.

So as long as I tell myself that anyone around me is a Nazi, I am justified in punching them. Got it.

So when the media goes around calling people they don't like "Nazi's" we can agree that the media is irresponsibly inciting violence. Thank goodness that doesn't happen. Oh wait..

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

If they still support him after his attempted insurrection to overturn the results of that election then they are supporting a fascist and deserve the label themselves. 

My point made right here "They"? - all 75 million? "they" all condoned this? and BTW when is challenging the election is "attempted insurrection" the process for challenging an election is even detailed in the Constitution. Remember when Dems challenged the election in Congress 2000? or when Pelosi  wrote in 2016 the election was "hijacked" is that "attempted insurrection" too? Like I said, there are bad actors in all groups Left and Right, and funny thing is, after the Capitol unrest, most every GOP politician and Trump himself condemned that violence, yet it was complete silence on the Left the entire summer when BLM/Antia were rioting - to the point they were being cheered on and justified for their riots. And I challenge you to find one sentence in Trump's capital speech that day that told people to go riot, to get violent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, RowanMinx said:

What exactly do you expect them to do?  As with most things that are against the ToS, they will act appropriately when and if it is brought to their attention.  They have given us, the residents, the power in the form of abuse reports.  If you see something, say something.  

However, there are much better platforms for those groups to disseminate their hate that would reach a wider audience than SL.

Exactly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Extrude Ragu said:

So as long as I tell myself that anyone around me is a Nazi, I am justified in punching them. Got it.

So when the media goes around calling people they don't like "Nazi's" we can agree that the media is irresponsibly inciting violence. Thank goodness that doesn't happen. Oh wait..

It sounds to me, like you need a refresher in identifying Nazis.

May I suggest the classic, "Know Your Nazis!"?  Its companion volume is, "Look, He's Wearing a Swastika!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You get that wrong. The people don´t like Nazis. And the "media" are people. In that order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

I was mistaken, he said "Fight" something like 43 times. 

We don't say that when people say e.g. to 'fight for women's rights' that they are inciting violence.

To me this seems disingenuous or uncharitable at best. Especially when Trump explicitly said in his speech to protest peacefully. It seems to me like an attempt to pin blame on Trump for something he didn't incite at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

My point made right here "They"? - all 75 million? "they" all condoned this? and BTW when is challenging the election is "attempted insurrection" the process for challenging an election is even detailed in the Constitution.

I said "if" and I doubt everyone who voted for him still supports him after January 6th. Anyone who does, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Challenging an election isn't insurrection. Repeatedly and without evidence calling it fraudulent and stolen then attempting to coerce government officials into changing the results is. I don't recall the part of 2016 where Nancy Pelosi egged on Democrats for months until they stormed the Capitol looking to kill the vice president.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

We don't say that when people say e.g. to 'fight for women's rights' that they are inciting violence.

To me this seems disingenuous or uncharitable at best. Especially when Trump explicitly said in his speech to protest peacefully. It seems to me like an attempt to pin blame on Trump for something he didn't incite at all.

Sure, and Hitler was all for peace in 1934. While his storm troopers rocked the boat.

Oh, I love the "victim" apologies. They are so old. Can´t you alt right guys come up with something new?

• Like 1

Just now, Extrude Ragu said:

Disingenuous....You keep using that word and I don't think you know what that word means. He told them to fight and that's what they did. They went to the capitol building to fight, meaning he incited them to fight with his speech and the many other speeches he made since November. "Stand back and STAND BY" then....."Fight"....what are you not getting?

Now you're saying inciting people to attack the capitol building is the same as "Fighting for Women's Rights?" One is metaphorical and one really inspired a violent act.

• Like 3

Honestly, I hope this thread becomes a wake-up call for LL(with all due respects to LL, I just can't figure a better way to phrase this) to outright say "No more political threads" on the forums.

All it ends up with is people attacking, name calling, arguing and bickering.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is becoming an increasingly surreal conversation.

This shouldn't be -- isn't -- a conversation about "right versus left."

At issue is whether it is legitimate to employ, or condone (tacitly or otherwise) a violent attempt to subvert democracy in the United States. The conservatives I know are as horrified by what happened on the 6th as I am -- because they believe in the principles of democracy. And a great many Republicans and Republican lawmakers, whatever you might think of their previous support for the soon-to-be-ex-president, are also horrified by what happened on the 6th, and by their party leader's role in it.

The "What-Aboutism" and attempt to frame this as a left vs. right issue is a deliberate distraction, and a symptom of what is so wrong with politics these days.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of you people? Why in god's name are you even arguing this?

Hey, I'm on the left. If Antifa stormed the Capitol building in a violent attempt to kill or intimidate the duly elected representatives of the people into overturning an election through force, regardless of how questionable the results of that election may have been, you're damned right I'd be condemning them, leftists or not.

This should be the shortest thread ever. Do you agree with the violent overthrowing of the democratically elected government of the US, or not? All in favour of setting an armed and dangerous mob on elected lawmakers, hands up! Let's see you!

Frickin' bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.