Rat's Tarot Thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Will there ever be any honest true real friends in my life?

I drew: IV OF SWORDS

swords04.jpg.f68d84d0aab7bb3e0de5b1f5a9a4f39a.jpg

I don't think any of us know if we really have friends.  I asked my nan this once and she said "If you can count your true friends on more than one hand, better count again!" ☹️  And my friend on SL said "You can have 500 friends on Facebook but who's going to turn up to your birthday party if it's raining on a Wednesday?" And even when you get friends, they're usually annoying and always cancel things at the last minute. 

Sorry, the card...it means retreating from a situation, having a rest, recharging your batteries and reassessing priorities. Do you get stressed about making friends, or feel you can't do it? Maybe you should stop trying for a while - just casually chat to people, and something could fall into place!  Don't put any pressure on yourself. You probably will have, though. I mean look at your +872 forum reactions, you must be doing something right :DJust remember that when you talk to people and use that same energy then! And don't sleep below swords.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's secret. Go on...

I drew: THE SUN

maj19.jpg.8cd17a0a70ade3b28333ceb6183f347e.jpg

This is a really good one! Bursting with energy and brilliance. Or it could mean an achievement, like passing an exam or test. It also stands for confidence so if you're trying to persuade yourself to do something, you probably can do it well. Or it could mean the end of a rough period and more fun due soon. Really doesn't seem to be any drawbacks with this one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

:) According to your one card draw, WHAT should I be focusing my thoughts towards. Up for a TWO card? 2nd is WHY should I be focusing on the first? :)

I'm still really new at it but I think that sometimes when you draw two the meanings change and you get a new meaning, or bigger picture.

And spreads are fun but probably too long for a SL thread.

But  let's go. CARD 1 - I drew VI OF SWORDS

swords06.jpg.5479744f88e816bee5302e714c8f08a6.jpg

This card tells me you should focus on a change of scene. It can also mean leaving parts of your old life behind, ditching an unhelpful belief or getting over an ex - or just moving house or city. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle of staying around. Of course that's easier said than done during a pandemic, but that's what the card reckons!

CARD 2 - I drew IX OF PENTACLES

pents09.jpg.9829f2a6b1328c98d60949931cbc2e32.jpg

This stands for making sacrifices to achieve a better life, having a comfortable lifestyle and enjoying the finer things in life. So it could be that the thing you should focus on in Card 1 might mean giving something up, but there'll be a good pay-off eventually and you'll be pleased with the results. So it seems to be: escape the current thing holding you back, even if it seems scary or sad at first, because it's what you need to do to be the person you want to be. Have to say I like the little snail on this card 😊 though it just looks like a squiggle on my actual card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

I drew: IV OF SWORDS

swords04.jpg.f68d84d0aab7bb3e0de5b1f5a9a4f39a.jpg

I don't think any of us know if we really have friends.  I asked my nan this once and she said "If you can count your true friends on more than one hand, better count again!" ☹️  And my friend on SL said "You can have 500 friends on Facebook but who's going to turn up to your birthday party if it's raining on a Wednesday?" And even when you get friends, they're usually annoying and always cancel things at the last minute. 

Sorry, the card...it means retreating from a situation, having a rest, recharging your batteries and reassessing priorities. Do you get stressed about making friends, or feel you can't do it? Maybe you should stop trying for a while - just casually chat to people, and something could fall into place!  Don't put any pressure on yourself. You probably will have, though. I mean look at your +872 forum reactions, you must be doing something right :DJust remember that when you talk to people and use that same energy then! And don't sleep below swords.

LOL! I stopped trying 40 years ago.

But, sleeping on top of the sword is so uncomfortable! I mean, it's almost worse than that damn pea under all those mattresses! 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Do I have a problem with tentacles in that I misread it every time you pull a card of Pentacles, and if so, do i really want to know?!

That would make an awesome deck. There are so many custom decks out there, I'll bet there is one with tentacles.

ETA: There's at least one out there

image.png.99aa4f12cdeac3afaac24f45707eda0b.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm still really new at it but I think that sometimes when you draw two the meanings change and you get a new meaning, or bigger picture.

And spreads are fun but probably too long for a SL thread.

But  let's go. CARD 1 - I drew VI OF SWORDS

swords06.jpg.5479744f88e816bee5302e714c8f08a6.jpg

This card tells me you should focus on a change of scene. It can also mean leaving parts of your old life behind, ditching an unhelpful belief or getting over an ex - or just moving house or city. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle of staying around. Of course that's easier said than done during a pandemic, but that's what the card reckons!

CARD 2 - I drew IX OF PENTACLES

pents09.jpg.9829f2a6b1328c98d60949931cbc2e32.jpg

This stands for making sacrifices to achieve a better life, having a comfortable lifestyle and enjoying the finer things in life. So it could be that the thing you should focus on in Card 1 might mean giving something up, but there'll be a good pay-off eventually and you'll be pleased with the results. So it seems to be: escape the current thing holding you back, even if it seems scary or sad at first, because it's what you need to do to be the person you want to be. Have to say I like the little snail on this card 😊 though it just looks like a squiggle on my actual card.

Interesting cards, and I like your interpretations. :) Yes, I think of tarot as a language, the more cards you add the more complex your sentence and so full, multi-card spreads would be unwieldy at best. :)

Swords, the suit of the "mind" are always tricky, and usually the ones that make people cringe. If I had to get a Sword, the six isn't a bad one. The 6 is always a nice respite after the headaches of the 5s. (Even numbers tend to be nicer than odd.) Six can be about working with, loving, others, and notice there are three people in that boat. The waters are calm. The colors are calm. However "calm" they may be, they aren't cheerful either. Despondent? Ennui? There are swords stuck IN the boat though (bail, anyone? :) ) Since it is a card of MIND I see this more of a trip (as you said) of the mind rather than a physical moving of one place to another. Is it leaving? Or is it travelling TO? What roles do others play in this "trip"? Am I represented by the seated passenger or the guy with the driving stick? ! (Etc. That's why I said these kinds of readings are thought exercises for me... a Sword activity indeed!) I might even read this 6 of S as meditation. :)

I think the 9 of Pentacles is one of the best quotidian cards in the deck! Some see 10s as the "height" of a suit, the maturation of the process, but in this case I see the 10 as having reached the pinnacle and being on the downward slide. The nine? You've arrived baby! :) I don't see it as a card of sacrifices at all, but I do see your story of focusing on the "letting go" (or maybe moving to) of Card 1 to reap the rewards of Card 2. Pentacles are about substance. Stuff. Physicality. So using the mind (card 1) to reach a physical happy-happy place. Cool! What am I working on now that would achieve such a thing? (Actually there are a few!) This card IS pretty happy, BUT, notice the woman's expression is calm rather than joyful. Fulfilled? Bored? And that little snail? In the lush garden? Snails in a garden are a huge pain in the butt, and they can wreak a lot of damage if overlooked (perhaps sending the 9 to the decline of the 10?)

I know you didn't ask for a conversation on these readings, but it is a fun thread! Please look upon my comments as that, a conversation, rather than "my way of reading is best!"Tarot may be a language, but it is a tricksty one. :) 

Thanks for this, and yes, I'm thinking about this stuff now! 

PS to add, I just went to an old, stand-by site, and got that the 9 of P can also be a card of self-reliance and self-mastery, which I think does tie in, in an interesting way, to the PEOPLE in the boat in card 1. The longer you look at these things, the more you see...

pusheen thank you.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Early one morning in May these geese were born down by the dock.  I went down every morning & afternoon with some oats & I would call loudly, "Hello my geeses".  At first they would hiss at me & skedaddle into the loch but after a while they would hang around & eventually they would come when called & eat within very close proximity.  Over the months I watched the little geeses grow up & learn to fly & even got the big gander to stop threatening me.

Then one day they were gone.  I called every morning for a few weeks, to no avail.

Loved the story of the geeses.  

When I was a little girl, a goose came to live in our swimming pool and the goose even loved to float on our pool floaty and float around like a King or Queen Goose on it.   lol  I still have the pictures.  Only in Southern California, right?   Yeah, prolly.   Geese are cool.  I think with Geese they are just lost and then when they find their family, they stay with the gaggle.  

I have no question for the OP right now.  I need to go to rl right now.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

@Seicher RaeThanks! I need to consider these things to get good at it. It's funny you say that about Swords, I had an uneasy vibe when looking at them the first time, especially the 2 and 10...

Interesting getting the vibe about the 2, but yeah. To take the initial ZOMG off the 10, I *first* see it as an over-the-top drama card. :) I mean, c'mon, one sword, maybe two stuck in ya would get the (errrrrr) point across, right? But 10? That's really over-acting and reacting. Sometimes you can just leave it at that: drama. The cards can have a sense of humor. Other times? Yeah, that 10 can be a lot of not happy, but sometimes it is just being a drama queen.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Rat Luv said:

I drew PAGE OF CUPS

cups11.jpg.a715e637b7298b935acd68affd7bb4f0.jpg

Good news Arduenn - YES! 

Oh, my.  Superstition is now being used to solve scientific questions.  I propose a reverse experiment:  Take all of Rat's answers, put them in a box, and take them out again in a year.  Measure how many of them turned out right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, my.  Superstition is now being used to solve scientific questions.  I propose a reverse experiment:  Take all of Rat's answers, put them in a box, and take them out again in a year.  Measure how many of them turned out right.

It's considered entertainment.  Astrology is also considered entertainment.   I found the thread very entertaining.  

I think Rat is very good at it.  She should do this inworld.  It's cool.

I just can't think of a question right now.  My brain is foggy with coronavirus stress related stuff.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm entertained too!  I was just super-entertained by Arduenn's and Rat's interchange there.

Sorry if you thought my post was snark, it wasn't.

No, no Lindal.  I didn't think it was a snark.  But, at least in California, for all intents and purposes, tarot is considered a form of entertainment as is astrology rather than superstition.  I don't know how other's in the world view it.  

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

I assure you, there are plenty of people who rely on the Tarot, natal horal astrology, and the i Ching to make life decisions.

Probably, but then again California see's itself as the entertainment capital of the world.  I agree with that concept of it though...that it is a form of entertainment and, again, Rat is very good at it and very entertaining.  She's got it going on!  

41 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Or at least take them out again before 2036...😊

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me it was just a bit of interactive forum fun. I don't believe in any of this, but I've really liked Rat ever since she went to DJ an event, having thoroughly researched and considered it beforehand to give it her all...and it fell apart, so she logged off and Zoomed her grandma. 

I liked that very much. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CopenhagenBlack said:

its secret, sending vibes now

Oops, sorry, missed this 😣 OK, last one...(drum roll) and thanks everyone - and remember tarot is 100% SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN 😲

@CopenhagenBlackI drew: TWO OF WANDS

This is a cool one 😎 It means being confident in your powers, having authority and commanding respect. You could say it means "Your world, your imagination" (see, I managed to swing the thread to SL relevance 😂) . It also means being bold and going for what you want in your own unique style. So if you're considering doing something but are a bit worried about it going wrong or others slagging you off, just do it anyway. It might go wrong or not turn out how you planned but you can't stand holding the world in your hand forever. The wands are maybe a bit like a gate or a starting line? But you're at a very good starting point. If it had been 10 of Swords, you'd have had to pick them out of your back first 😒

wands02.jpg

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Oops, sorry, missed this 😣 OK, last one...(drum roll) and thanks everyone - and remember tarot is 100% SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN 😲

@CopenhagenBlackI drew: TWO OF WANDS

This is a cool one 😎 It means being confident in your powers, having authority and commanding respect. You could say it means "Your world, your imagination" (see, I managed to swing the thread to SL relevance 😂) . It also means being bold and going for what you want in your own unique style. So if you're considering doing something but are a bit worried about it going wrong or others slagging you off, just do it anyway. It might go wrong or not turn out how you planned but you can't stand holding the world in your hand forever. The wands are maybe a bit like a gate or a starting line? But you're at a very good starting point. If it had been 10 of Swords, you'd have had to pick them out of your back first 😒

wands02.jpg

Very cool, ill take your advice, thank you for doing this

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.